REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #51
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
I thought we could have some form of an intelligent debate in this thread...
If you read the username of the poster before responding, these misconceptions can be avoided.
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^ I know I know...silly me for thinking this thread would be different...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #53
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Who's trolling? I've had faster cars than you and I'll have another one again.

If anyone's trolling, it's the geek beta mod who trips over his own words and has to go back again to clarify his position on issues.
This can't possibly be a real argument. "I'm right because I had a fast car at some point in my life!"
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #54
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Doing it at all is harmful in many ways, but the original excuse was "tradition". Any other reason is sheer ignorance.

You can safely ignore the 'study' that is cited above, as it is bunk. Nothing is going to fully protect you from AIDS except condoms and abstinence. I guess if you plan to move to Africa and fuck random people without protection, you might want to thank your parents for chopping off part of your genitals.

As for cleanliness, I would rather have to worry about cleaning my dick than have it stop working when I'm in my 40's. If some guy's dink smells like rotten cheese, that's their problem. And if some skank told me she fucks dudes with rotten cheese dicks, I don't think I would want to touch her, but I guess that's just me. Nasty...

And don't forget, a lot of religions have people circumcising their daughters as well.

In any case, mutilating a baby is never a good thing, my original point.
do u have a study that shows it makes it stop working in your forties? never heard of this before

as for mutilating your baby, theres no pain in the process due to anesthetics. i dont think ts different than drugs during child birth. but whatever, that part is a matter of opinion, more iterested in my firat question. dont see how cutting an external flap of skin would have any affect on it working or not
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
I can understand companies who take a stand on things like poverty and hunger, and put proceeds/donations towards charities which help those causes...

But a company who stands against gays & gay marriage???

My mind is literally full of fuck.

Chick-Fil-A can fuck off and die, they will never get a penny of my money.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #56
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
do u have a study that shows it makes it stop working in your forties? never heard of this before

as for mutilating your baby, theres no pain in the process due to anesthetics. i dont think ts different than drugs during child birth. but whatever, that part is a matter of opinion, more iterested in my firat question. dont see how cutting an external flap of skin would have any affect on it working or not
Sure there's a good wiki on the subject. You'll see that most studies showing circumcision as being 'positive' or neutral refer to adult circumcision. That's fine, if you want to do that to yourself, go for it. When you're a baby, you have no choice, and it's when parents who are mutilating their babies that bothers me. Especially when it's for "tradition". At least if they incorrectly think they are doing it for hygiene, they are doing it for what would be a good reason.

As for 'tripping over words' . I just try to look at things from every perspective possible with a skeptical eye, especially when it comes to commonly cited "studies". (usually these studies intend to push an agenda). Anyway, here's an alternative perspective on 'circumcision to help prevent aids' I agree that I didn't put it out there clearly, but that's what happens when you go to check RS right before heading to bed.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #57
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post

Of course not. Skinny is a mod and can make things up as he goes. I can't call him out more directly on his blatant lies and ignorance because I'll get points.

Unless I buy advertising on here, which then Skinny would be my bitch.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Chick-fil-a has always been a christian organization, so its a little funny hearing how this is all sort of a shock. The CEO never made any anti-gay comments. He just supports traditional wedding only, and is using his 1st amendment right. So he can't be entitled to his opinions the same way gay people can?

Being against gay marriage =/= gay hater.

The CEO went on national tv saying they are not changing their stance. However, any customer is treated equally, no matter who you are.

This is no different then the Oreo company supporting gays. Can't have it both ways!
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #59

Saying who can and can't be married cannot be justified, sorry. THAT is against one's rights. Having an opinion is fine. You hate gays, fine, what a life you must have. But to be AGAINST religion and spread that what people do on their own is WRONG is fucked up, and doesn't belong in USA or Canada and other non religious states.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #60
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Saying who can and can't be married cannot be justified, sorry. THAT is against one's rights.

Would you support me if I wanted to marry 5 women?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
Banned By Establishment

^ I would support you if you wanted to be married to 5 women as long as everyone involved was a consenting adult and had the ability to leave if they wanted to.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
^ I would support you if you wanted to be married to 5 women as long as everyone involved was a consenting adult and had the ability to leave if they wanted to.

Sweet.

I think polygamy will become very popular as more and more men never grow up or want kids. Men like myself, especially if I can afford an 8 bedroom house someday, will be able to have multiple live-in girlfriends and reproduce with multiple women.

It would be awesome to remain free as I am today while having several girlfriends and being able to reproduce with high quality genetics!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #63
Banned By Establishment

Nothing pisses me off more than people who demand the right for gays to marry(Which I support, obviously), yet then tell me that marrying multiple women is somehow wrong.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Nothing pisses me off more than people who demand the right for gays to marry(Which I support, obviously), yet then tell me that marrying multiple women is somehow wrong.
Those people are idiots
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #65
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Those people are idiots
A couple years ago when it was really hitting the fan in California, I was at a party where some lesbian chick was going off about marriage.

I told her I supported it to maybe get her to shut up and change the subject, but she kept ranting on about old white men and their control over the US.

I told her I thought anyone should marry anyone, even if you had 3 men and 1 woman that all wanted to be married together, they should be allowed to. I made that as a joke in passing, not serious about it at the time.

She fucking FLIPPED OUT.

I basically had to leave because she started screaming about how gay marriage was about true eternal love and that multiple partner marriage was about power and control, and that anyone in a multiple marriage was an oppressor and probably an abuser. Then she started going off on Christianity and how in history polygamy was used to enslave, blah blah blah...
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #66
Banned By Establishment

Polygamy gets a bad name b/c of the FLDS church. There are huge numbers of modern polygamists that do not believe in elders marrying children, discouraging education, repressing the female gender, and living in zealot compounds.

I believe that consenting adults have the right to enter into any relationship that they want to as long as it does not harm others.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #67
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
Chick-fil-a has always been a christian organization, so its a little funny hearing how this is all sort of a shock. The CEO never made any anti-gay comments. He just supports traditional wedding only, and is using his 1st amendment right. So he can't be entitled to his opinions the same way gay people can?

Being against gay marriage =/= gay hater.

The CEO went on national tv saying they are not changing their stance. However, any customer is treated equally, no matter who you are.

This is no different then the Oreo company supporting gays. Can't have it both ways!
I almost agree. I think the difference is, you will find if you delve into the subject with people that when they start answering the question of WHY they are against gay marriage, at first they will give a superficial answer as to protecting the sanctity of marriage(in a no fault divorce world) then when you dig deeper, eventually, they will skirt around and finally say "well, it is wrong according to the bible"

And you yell "Paydirt!"

Now, in my original post, this was the point I was making...they are in fact exercising their rights to free speech...and I totally agree that people can feel free to not eat their shitty food as a result of not sharing their opinion. Denying them building permits is wrong.

But I also feel that their opinion is on the wrong side of history.

JUST like all those "whites only" restaurants that probably said the same thing 40 years ago.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #68
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Ban marriages from law. Just grant everyone the right to have a civil union. If you want to be "married", it will be only ceremonial under whatever private institute that performs such ceremony.

Ron Paul 2012
Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #69
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
Chaz The Intolerant Chick-fil-A Chicken Returns Again @ TeamCoco.com

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #70
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
So they had a "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day" on Wednesday where people went to show they either support banning gay marriage or freedom of speech.

To counter, LGBT advocates went and held a "Kiss Day" today where same sex couples went and made out in Chick-Fil-A stores.

WOW. Why can't we just keep this shit out of business in general? I don't know why people can't just keep their personal beliefs...personal.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #71
Banned By Establishment

Saw this schematic today...not sure the validity...but interesting nonetheless...

Attachment 12746

Last edited by dinosaur; 07-26-2013 at 08:23 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #72
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I guess just like how religion and politics shouldn't cross, chicken and politics shouldn't either.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #73
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
i ate there last week. it was delicious, and surprisingly there was no preachy stuff inside the restaurant or anything that even said they were christian except they have a little story about the store on the wall that says they're closed sundays.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #74
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
WOW. Why can't we just keep this shit out of business in general? I don't know why people can't just keep their personal beliefs...personal.
A lot of the times it's more complicated than that. All decisions, whether it's a personal decision, business decision, or public policy are affected by someone's personal belief.

For example, should divorce laws be easier or harder? If your personal belief is that marriage is primarily for the fullfilment of the individual, then you'd want divorce laws to be much easier. If your personal belief is that the primary purpose of marriage is the commitment to building the family, you would want to make divorce laws harder.

Some issues come down to moral issues, which result in person belief system issues. It's not always as easy to say 'keep your personal beliefs personal'.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #75
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Why does it seem both sides are being incredibly hypocritical. The lgbt side they are fighting for freedoms that the religious are exercising. I think the rich chick-fil-a owner should be able to have his bigoted opinions and it is great that he is sharing them so that the lgbt side can make informed decisions about where they are spending their money, Now that his opinion is public knowledge you/they can avoid supporting his business. As an atheist I don't have the luxury of hitting the logic buster button that is the bible to point my thinking in a specific direction therefore I am left with only one option critical thinking and I just can't come up with a valid argument to condemn gays or their marriages debating both sides with my self always leads me to the same conclusion and that is why bother fighting it, When you pick a fight you want to win for some reason but here there is nothing to gain. I suppose if you had everything you could desire in the material world striving to control another mans freedoms may seem enticing idk.
impulse777 is offline   Reply With Quote