REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
"blah blah cop is excessive blah"

stfu .. if somebody didn't stop & ran over your foot what the fuck would you do? like a little bitch? who wouldn't go apeshit, cunt deserved it
He's a cop. A normal person would go apeshit but cops are held to a higher standard.

The driver was wrong for sure but why go so far as to damage the Ferrari and the cab? Looks like he lost control of himself and resorted to violence right away and no one wants police officers who react like that.

So the driver ran over his foot now he's going to slam the car's door into another car and drag the guy out? Is it tit for tat now? There are better ways of getting people to comply that don't need to cause damage like that.

Instead of raging and dragging the guy out forcefully why not stay calm and draw your sidearm and respectfully tell the guy to get out on his own. If he doesn't well then....
Advertisement
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
SumAznGuy why don't you post something in thread instead failing everyone like a dimwit.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
He's a cop. A normal person would go apeshit but cops are held to a higher standard.

The driver was wrong for sure but why go so far as to damage the Ferrari and the cab? Looks like he lost control of himself and resorted to violence right away and no one wants police officers who react like that.

So the driver ran over his foot now he's going to slam the car's door into another car and drag the guy out? Is it tit for tat now? There are better ways of getting people to comply that don't need to cause damage like that.

Instead of raging and dragging the guy out forcefully why not stay calm and draw your sidearm and respectfully tell the guy to get out on his own. If he doesn't well then....
The driver provoked the cop but you're exactly right, cops are held to a higher standard and should are trained to handle hostile situations in a calmer matter because things can spiral out of control really quickly once a cop loses control of a situation.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
SumAznGuy why don't you post something in thread instead failing everyone like a dimwit.
He's just a jelly hipster
Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #30
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
nah hes just SumAznGuy
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #31
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

anybody else watch the vid again to see if it was stefanie pratte
AndM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndM View Post
anybody else watch the vid again to see if it was stefanie pratte
No went straight to google nomsayin
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #33
I subscribe to Revscene

You guys are kidding right? the cop got caught putting his foot under the tire purposely and claiming assault.
This video means I can film the same thing and stand by your mothers car as she pulls out of parking, put my foot underneath, which doesnt hurt, then slam her on the ground for assault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
The driver pretending to be hurt and just lying there

Watch i bet the cop will be sued for excessive force and have to pay for all damages. America
nice
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #34
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

That cop exemplifies a civil servant on a power trip. I didn't think meter maids could require a driver to stop while issuing a summons.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #35
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
That cop exemplifies a civil servant on a power trip. I didn't think meter maids could require a driver to stop while issuing a summons.
As per the article, he's a fully fledged police officer, not just a meter maid. He is certainly within his jurisdiction to tell the guy to stay put and not drive away...

Mark
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

1) He wasn't just getting a parking ticket, he's also getting a failure to display an inspection sticker, which means his car is unregistered (big no-no in NY state)

2) The video doesn't show the whole incident. Prior to the start of the video, the driver apparently tries to grab the ticket book from the officer.

To me, I'm surprised the officer was so patient.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
I doubt it. Have you seen his posting history? Whenever this topic comes up he has two standard replies: It's OK to drive fast if your car is capable and people who complain are "jelly" or "haters".

And I just noticed he played both his cards in this thread again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
cop is jelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
He's just a jelly hipster
Still up with the usual replies I see. Who uses the word "jelly" instead of "jealous"?

Don't care about the video - they're both being idiots, IMO. It's just funny to read the responses and see which RS members are picking sides based on whether they dislike cops or have money, not based on any evidence of what actually happened.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #38
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I watched the part just before the cop claims to have gotten his foot run over several times, and it doesn't even look like the car moved.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #39
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
Me too. He is a cop but that is excessive. Hope they take the expensive repairs out of his paycheque.
I don't see how it's excessive, sure he did grab him a little bit too roughly but that was far from excessive in my eyes. If he punched him in the face, beat the living shit out of him then sure. As for the damages, doesn't look like he did it on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I do have a problem with him denting the 458, dent the guys face, hell beat the living crap out of him but please leave the 458 alone.
If he dented the guys face then lawsuits would be flying left, right and center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
I don't see it anything close to being a power trip. He's writing a ticket, Ferrari driver runs (or tries to) run him over, cop yanks him out of the car. Seems pretty routine to me.

Seems like majority of the people overlooked the article posted by Not really racist posted in the previous page

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67187...ml#post7995043

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
#savethemanuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
I don't see how it's excessive, sure he did grab him a little bit too roughly but that was far from excessive in my eyes. If he punched him in the face, beat the living shit out of him then sure. As for the damages, doesn't look like he did it on purpose.
And that's the problem. The cop just lost control of himself. See how he slams his fist on the window and yells like a child and then flings the door of the car open into another car? Remember this is new York where there is very little space in the first place. Either he was aware that doing so would cause damages OR he was acting purely on instinct at the time.

Like I said, here are other ways of getting people to comply that don't involve damage to properly or roughing someone up. It seems like the cop just chose the most "direct and hands on" way in this circumstance.

We all agree that what the driver did was wrong. But what gets me is that a lot of people on RS believe that what the cop did was right. Are you guys serious? "the guy is a rich prick he deserves it" or "he disrespected the officer now the officer should disrespect him too!" are not valid reasons to defend what the cop did as right. "he's just doing his job" isn't enough either because like I said there are different ways to get things done.

I tried to spell out my arguments reasonably and clearly. Now those people who just fail everything without even typing a single line are starting to look like fools.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #41
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Well he wasn't supposed to get a ticket for a "no parking" zone I think because the valet took care of his car. When he arrived I guess he was offended to see a cop trying to give him a ticket when he wasn't supposed to recieve one and overreacted. Then when the cop didn't even care to ask what his problem was and kept writing, he flipped and tried to drive off..?
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #42
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:

I don't know NY but it looks like the Ferrari driver was being quite disrespectful and the officer was quite insistent that he stay until he was finished. How hard would it have been to wait a few minutes? This whole incident could have been prevented (especially since it looks like the officer has an ego as well). Now he has to show up in court on assault charges (really? who wouldn't have seen that coming. You have a cop whether rightfully or wrongfully putting his body in the way of the vehicle and you still want to push forward? Why run the risk of vehicular assault? Recall, assault does not even have to touch a person, they just have to feel threatened. Battery is when there is actual unlawful contact). File a complaint if the officer's behavior was wrong.

It also looks like the officer punched the window at the exact time the wheel went over his foot. Perhaps that is an over-reaction, maybe it isn't. What would you do? While I don't think he was entirely careful when he opened the door (that probably wasn't on his mind at this point), I don't think he SLAMS it as you make it out to be. The door, however, does swing violently a couple times when he's attempting to pull the guy out of the car, which looks to be unintended, but is also likely when the damage occurred. I think it comes down to whether he had a right to pull the guy out of the car or give the guy the opportunity to get out of his car.

edit: I'll have to qualify my statement more, but as soon as the Ferrari assaulted the officer, he was entitled to pull him out. In any other 'extreme' scenario that's what would have happened.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 08-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #43
#savethemanuals

And it's the unintentional, reactionary parts that are at issue. But like I said, the whole thing could have happened differently if the cop controlled himself instead of lashing out.

Imagine if cops reacted that way in the riots last year when people were taunting them and throwing objects at them. But they didn't and those cops have my respect for being able to stay calm and by being the better man. It's not the exact same situation but its close enough.

What I would do is not important because I am not a police officer. It's somewhat understandable if one guy punches another guy and the other guy punches the first person back. They are just ordinary people acting like uncivilized cavemen - they are not police officers.

And hey at least you reply with a well reasoned out post instead of hiding behind fails.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #44
#savethemanuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
I think it comes down to whether he had a right to pull the guy out of the car or give the guy the opportunity to get out of his car.
Yup it's this exactly.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #45
Need to Seek Professional Help

Given that the cop was already in the process of writing the citation and probably had the license plate, couldn't he have mailed it instead of having a confrontation like this?

Seems like both are in the wrong. Ferrari driver shouldn't give two shits about some parking ticket, and the cop shouldn't have escalated the situation in that manner.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0lishuz View Post
Given that the cop was already in the process of writing the citation and probably had the license plate, couldn't he have mailed it instead of having a confrontation like this?

Seems like both are in the wrong. Ferrari driver shouldn't give two shits about some parking ticket, and the cop shouldn't have escalated the situation in that manner.
Yes, see my post on the first page.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #47
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

The officer is a whiny little pussy and knows he put himself in the situation. If you watch the video carefully, the Ferrari did not drive over the officer's foot. The officer placed his foot (voluntarily) under the wheel, and then flipped out when the tire contacted his foot. This was planned by the officer all along.

Now he's claiming disability and taking time off work for a non-injury because he knows that he could be facing disciplinary action if the truth came to light.

Ferrari driver is a douche, and deserves a ticket for failing to stop for a police officer, which is itself a serious offence, but not assault and other charges.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #48
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Jesus fucking christ, the amount of derp in this thread is astonishing.

The officer clearly stood in front of the Ferrari before it even started moving, yet the driver decided to start driving into the officer anyway, foot or no foot, he drove into the officer.

No matter how much your pussy ass hates the police, that is assault with a deadly weapon, there is no room for negotiation.

The driver got what was coming to him, a reality check.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
The driver should have locked his door.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #50
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
You guys are kidding right? the cop got caught putting his foot under the tire purposely and claiming assault.
This video means I can film the same thing and stand by your mothers car as she pulls out of parking, put my foot underneath, which doesnt hurt, then slam her on the ground for assault?

nice
So when I'm backing out at Costco it's OK for me to run anyone over that walks behind my truck. You have to be a complete idiot to leave when a cops trying to give you a ticket. Try that here and see what happens.
This post FAILED by: