REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #51
I subscribe to Revscene

There comes a point when you know you must be smart and stay down. If a cop is power tripping and is looking for any excuse to start shit, you calm the fuck down and stay down. You never win against a police, out on the streets. You do the winning at the court.

The Ferrari driver is the one to blame, 100%, for being stupid and not recognizing this fact.
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^Exactly.
The same applies to any figure power tripping, whether it's a police officer or a bouncer at a club. At the end of the day, the dude in the Ferrari is FAR FAR FAR better off than the cop in the grand scheme of life -- yes he's a cop and in power and muscular but what's the point? Let douchebag musclemen with shitty positions in society win the little ones -- you know at the end of the day you're well above them anyways so what's the point. Idiot should have gone along and taken the ticket. Nothing would have happened.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #53
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
The officer is a whiny little pussy and knows he put himself in the situation. If you watch the video carefully, the Ferrari did not drive over the officer's foot. The officer placed his foot (voluntarily) under the wheel, and then flipped out when the tire contacted his foot. This was planned by the officer all along.

Now he's claiming disability and taking time off work for a non-injury because he knows that he could be facing disciplinary action if the truth came to light.

Ferrari driver is a douche, and deserves a ticket for failing to stop for a police officer, which is itself a serious offence, but not assault and other charges.
Marco you're one of only a few that has made sense to me in my browsing at RV over the years.
Had this incident not been recorded and seen how the officer pulled off his sneaking fraud, dont you think in some circumstances the driver could have gone to prison, never mind for how long, but even entering one of those zoos one would be prone to anal rape.
And this is well known and even designed by the ruling elites to break people.
So in fact for justice to be carried out, dont you think the assault frauding officer should be anal raped, like an eye for eye justice, and this would teach other cops a lesson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So when I'm backing out at Costco it's OK for me to run anyone over that walks behind my truck. happens.
If they wanted you to, with the intention of throwing you out of the truck, claiming fraud and breaking your piggy bank after.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #54
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

^^I don't know about prison, but the officer should definitely lose his job for poorly handling the situation. The driver's insurance company should sue the officer for damage to the vehicle.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #55
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
both sides handled the situation poorly.. end of story

cop was ego trippin n the guy was acting stupid
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #56
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
What I don't get is if it was the valet who parked your vehicle in the no standing zone, why not just deal with the valet and hotel over the ticket, instead of the cop.

Quote:
Stephanie Pratt stars in an MTV reality show, but her boyfriend stole the show Saturday night, driving over the foot of a cop who tried to ticket his illegally-parked, six-figure Ferrari.

Pratt’s prosperous paramour, Julien Chabbott, 28, of Chelsea, was outraged when he spotted cops about to ticket his $257,000 Ferrari 458 Spider, in a no-standing zone in front of SoHo’s posh Mercer Hotel about 6:15 p.m.

Car enthusiast Damian Morys, 17, of Fresh Meadows, Queens, was admiring the Spider when he saw the confrontation and started filming.

In Morys’ version of “Men Behaving Badly,” Chabbott is seen sliding behind the wheel and attempting to drive away.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Morys said. “He can afford a $300,000 Ferrari; he should have just taken the ticket.”

The cop tried to block the fleeing Ferrari, but Chabbott apparently rolled over the officer’s foot.

The irate gumshoe slammed his hand on the window, shouting, “You run down my f------ foot!”

The cop then yanked Chabbott from the car and slammed him on to the trunk. Chabbott fell to the ground as the cop’s partner held one of his legs in the air and the injured cop slapped cuffs on him.

Police say that before the amateur began filming, Chabbott grabbed the ticket book from the cop and ignored orders to stay on the sidewalk.

Pratt, who stars on MTV’s “The Hills,” is seen on the video watching, then riding away in the car, driven by a friend.

Chabbott was illegally parked and the Spider had no registration or inspection stickers displayed. The car also lacked a front license plate. He was charged with assault, vehicular assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.

The cop was treated for an injured left foot and right hand and released from Bellevue Hospital.

Read more: Stephanie Pratt's boyfriend Julien Chabbott drives over foot of cop who tried to ticket his illegally-parked Ferrari, authorities say - NY Daily News

Last edited by 7seven; 08-07-2012 at 06:37 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #57
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
NVM
Old 08-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #58
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,177 Times in 354 Posts
I personally believe that the cop severely overreacted instead of keeping cool and just cuffing the driver ; I came across this today

Acquaintance Confirms The Ferrari Driver Stomped By Cops Is An Obnoxious Poser
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #59
I don't get it

Ferrari owner got what he deserved. None of this would have happened if he just took the ticket.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #60
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,798 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
What I don't get is if it was the valet who parked your vehicle in the no standing zone, why not just deal with the valet and hotel over the ticket, instead of the cop.
Two possibilities:
1) The ticket was being written for licensing/registration/plate issues, which isn't the hotel's fault
2) He's an idiot

I'm assuming #2
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #61
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,177 Times in 354 Posts
^ Car's missing front plate in video, which is required in New York

http://dmvanswers.com/questions/1625...te-in-New-York

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 08-07-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added link
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #62
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
^^I don't know about prison, but the officer should definitely lose his job for poorly handling the situation. The driver's insurance company should sue the officer for damage to the vehicle.
Lose his job? Kinda far fetched don't you think? No one got hurt but the driver's ego and the Ferrari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #63
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
The Ferrari guy was a douche, the Cop was an asshole.

It's not tough to see that the cop had a "I'mma show this rich boy punk what's up" attitude from the beginning. And he was totally goading the Ferrari guy by standing in front of the car. Zero professionalism in my opinion.

But I don't know what the Ferraridouche was thinking he was going to accomplish by actually moving the car with the cop in front of him. What did he think the outcome of his action was going to be?? If the report is true that he tried to grab the ticket book, then fuck him.

I hope the outcome is that the Ferraridouche gets every ticket written against him, and the obstruction charges. I hope the judge throws out the felony "assault" charge and gives the cop good a verbal lashing for acting like such an asshole.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #64
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
lol @ these keyboard warriors saying the cop should lose his job.

I'd like to see how you'd react if someone blatantly disrespected you on the job (trying to grab the ticketbook from the cops hand, ignoring the cop's requests to standby to be issued the ticket) and then physically assaulted you. If someone ran over my foot I sure as hell would stop them on the spot, throw their door open, and yank them out. Cops don't give a fuck if you're driving a ferrari or a civic, the law is the law. You go against them and piss them off and disrespect them and you expect them to gingerly open your door like they're a chaffeur or valet?

Cop acted well within his power, all you're seeing is a clip of the ordeal. You have no context to base it on.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Lose his job? Kinda far fetched don't you think? No one got hurt but the driver's ego and the Ferrari.
Faking an injury? Excessive force during the arrest? Losing control of the situation? Definitely grounds for him to lose his job. The cop was writing a citation for parking, it was not a moving violation. The driver is under no obligation to stay, which is why the officer tried to physically block him from leaving.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #66

Quote:
Faking an injury? Excessive force during the arrest? Losing control of the situation? Definitely grounds for him to lose his job. The cop was writing a citation for parking, it was not a moving violation. The driver is under no obligation to stay, which is why the officer tried to physically block him from leaving.
To be fair, the cop was also writing tickets for:

- Failing to display inspection/registration stickers
- No front license plate

I have no idea if someone in NY is obligated to stay for these infractions though.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #67
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,798 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post

- No front license plate

I have no idea if someone in NY is obligated to stay for these infractions though.
If it's unclear whether not the vehicle is properly licensed, I would assume that you can't just drive away..
Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #68

Quote:

- No front license plate

Those tickets go to the registered owner of the vehicle, not the driver. That's why the driver didn't have to give his driver's license. The ticket doesn't need to be served on the driver. If the driver didn't have to be at the scene in the first place (he could have walked away), neither does the car.

I really hope the idiot cop or his department gets sued for the damage to the Ferrari and for assaulting the driver.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #69
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
^ And how would the police officer be able to determine who the registered owner of the vehicle is without checking the registration papers? That requires access to the vehicle. A license plate isn't enough without some documentation to show that it actually belongs to the vehicle itself.

Some say he could call it in, but that takes way more time than simply looking at some papers. If he takes the plate down and lets the driver leave, what happens when he later runs the plate and finds it didn't belong to the car (it was stolen). Then what?
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #70
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Those tickets go to the registered owner of the vehicle, not the driver. That's why the driver didn't have to give his driver's license. The ticket doesn't need to be served on the driver. If the driver didn't have to be at the scene in the first place (he could have walked away), neither does the car.

I really hope the idiot cop or his department gets sued for the damage to the Ferrari and for assaulting the driver.
In the state of NY, you must show the registration papers and failure to do so will result in a ticket and you must be present to be served with that ticket. Parking tickets do not need to be served with offender present.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #71
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I don't give a fuck who it is or what car it is, the cop was just doing his job. If the guy had the right to park there he would've tried explaining to the cop and showing him the proper papers instead of being a douche the whole situation could've been avoided. At that point I think any human being would've reacted the same way if the guy tried to run over your foot.
NeoKaze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #72
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
You guys still talking about this??
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #73

SumAznFag sure contributed a lot to this thread.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #74
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Gotta love people like that eh? Try as hard as you can to be fair and get your point across and still nothing. There's no point in reasoning with idiots and fools. Its like trying to argue evolution with a Christian fanatic.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #75
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
SumAznFag sure contributed a lot to this thread.

Quote:
It's not tough to see that the cop had a "I'mma show this rich boy punk what's up" attitude from the beginning. And he was totally goading the Ferrari guy by standing in front of the car. Zero professionalism in my opinion.

But I don't know what the Ferraridouche was thinking he was going to accomplish by actually moving the car with the cop in front of him. What did he think the outcome of his action was going to be?? If the report is true that he tried to grab the ticket book, then fuck him.

I hope the outcome is that the Ferraridouche gets every ticket written against him, and the obstruction charges. I hope the judge throws out the felony "assault" charge and gives the cop good a verbal lashing for acting like such an asshole.
There really is nothing more for me to add to this discussion but hey, if it really put your panties in a knot then here it is.

First off, the officer stood in front of the car because he saw the driver get into the car and start it up. Even after standing in the way, the driver attempts to drive around the officer. This is clearly seen in the video.
I don't know where you get the cop has an attitude. I just don't see it.

As for what you wrote, first you start off with fuck the police, he is wrong attitude.
Then the next line you said fuck the driver if it is true he tried to grab the officer's pad.
Last paragraph you go back to the fuck the police attitude.
I failed your post for the last line. "I hope the judge throws out the felony "assault" charge and gives the cop good a verbal lashing for acting like such an asshole"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Gotta love people like that eh? Try as hard as you can to be fair and get your point across and still nothing. There's no point in reasoning with idiots and fools. Its like trying to argue evolution with a Christian fanatic.
Yeah, it's true. Figured you would have gotten the hint when I failed your post but alas, you still have the "cop over reacted" attitude.

Just for you Energy, so you have a post to fail.

After reading all the articles and watching the video, here is my take on it with a nuetral attitude.

Car is getting a ticket for some reason. Could be parking violation, could be missing front plate, or not having an inspection sticker. It doesn't matter.
The driver is seen getting into his car and starts it up. Officer steps in front/to the side of the car to block it from driving away.
Driver attempts to drive around the office and supposely runs over the foot of the officer.
All hell breaks loose and the driver is pulled out of the car, and in the process the car and a taxi is damaged.

So, if you were illegally parked on Robson after 3 pm and a parking enforcement person is trying to issue you a parking violation, would you wait for them to finish or get in your car and drive away?

If you were speeding down 41st ave and a cop jumps out from the bushes to pull you over for speeding, would you pull over or drive around the officer to get away?

I don't see these 2 scenario's being any different from from what happened to the driver.
He supposedly was told to wait on the sidewalk while the officer writes up a ticket. Could have been a parking ticket just like scenario one.
Driver tries to drive around the officer to leave, no different than scenario 2.

Supposedly the car ran over the officer's foot. Can't tell if that happened or didn't happen in the video, but already everyone who is anti police is already calling the officer a liar and faking the injury.

Did Burrows really bite Bergeron's finger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: