REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
gonna do CL transactions in banks now...cctv + rent-a-cop

Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #52
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
You got the first part right: a knife cannot be carried for self defense, so you must have a work or hobby purpose for carrying it.

However, if someone confronted you with mace (an incapacitating device) and you responded with a knife, I believe courts would rule you are using excessive force to defend yourself.

Does anyone meet up for CL sales outside police stations? Is it legal to conduct private business outside a police station?
meh, if your meeting up in a parking lot id just keep my knife in my pocket and if buddy tried anything just say you grabbed it from your car after whatever he tried to pull

with that said i dont typically carry a knife, nor do i sell expensive items on CL
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #53
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

the next Craigslist transaction the way things are going...

Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
What happened to going with a friend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post

...... i wonder how many clips you can put in your sock.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
when i do CL deals i meet in a public place all the time & most of the time i would carry a golf club or hockey stick with me (or something along the lines), so that 1. its gonna be a easy spot 2. if things do go south i can protect myself in someway so that i dun hurt

as said nothing is worth more then my life, but if i can try to prevent it from getting taken away i would

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #56
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
when i do CL deals i meet in a public place all the time & most of the time i would carry a golf club or hockey stick with me (or something along the lines), so that 1. its gonna be a easy spot 2. if things do go south i can protect myself in someway so that i dun hurt

as said nothing is worth more then my life, but if i can try to prevent it from getting taken away i would
That seems pretty extreme.. I never had to bring a weapon to a craigslist deal. Just scope out the person your selling to before you meet up with him/her.
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #57
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

A lot of people who get robbed are doing something stupid, and/or not paying attention to where they are or what they're doing. At a mall filled with people, it's not stupid, but, if you think you need to bring a Knife or Bat or anything, maybe rethink who you're selling to, instead of walking into a potential "you injured/dead, them injured/dead" scenario.

Too many dumbfucks walking around thinking they're the shit, and 9 times out of 10, they haven't got a clue as to what to actually do when presented with a dangerous situation, ala, getting jacked at the quickie mart.

Seriously, friend of mine, listening to tunes on his brand new 4s and see's 5 "toughguy wannabe's" being retards, jumping around etc, and sauntering towards him at dusk, and instead of hiding his iphone which was in his hand, and crossing the street when he saw them, he walks right between them and keeps walking, doesnt even look around, and BAM!!! 3 of them grab him, thow him to the ground, kick him 12 times steal his wallet, his iphone, his keys and his backpack which had his ipad in it, and he ends up in the hospital.

People are generally pretty stupid about shit, I got no sympathy (and had zero for my friend) if you're not paying some basic attention or ignore common sense. You're selling something high value? Have a friend or two with you, if you need to bring a pit bull, don't sell the damned thing on craigslist. Jesus. Use Common Sense. Seriously.
xerograv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
I wouldnt even sell things to people on RS not to mention Craigslist nomsaying
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #59
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
I can't wait to rob you.
You'd be shot before you would even make it to the bottom of the driveway..

Come at me bro
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #60

it may sound a little extreme but its not really carrying a weapon as its just for show purpose (as another RSer brings his pit bull)

i believe that if u have nothing to hide then u would not have to worry about others bringing things for self protection (unless u have a phobia againest something the other guy brings)

now i believe that just cuz a guy looks honest does not mean dude might not be sketchy, but im just saying if the dude takes my stuff or my money & book it then i can file a report at the rcmp office

or if the dude puts me in a position where im force to give up my stuff or money then i will, but if the dude attacks me & then grab my stuff then at least i have something to protect myself with

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #61

Call me crazy but I try to look up their, cell, email or the name on facebook to see what kind of person Im dealing with when I get that odd feeling.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #62
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
I wouldnt even sell things to people on RS not to mention Craigslist nomsaying
I have done a few transactions with fellow RS members which include buying and selling.My experience with them have been pretty good and pleasant.I would rather deal with them than someone on CL anyday.

The only sketchy experience I have had dealing with a RS member was the time I was selling a pair of subwoofers to a member on here.I wanted to meet in the parking lot at Futuershop in Metrotown but he insisted I meet him in the alley of Cactus Club on Kingsway,I was a little concerned and I decided to take my usual precautions.When I got to the location,he came right out of Cactus Club wearing a uniform,went over to me and asked where the stuff was.I opened the car door,he saw the dog,I grabbed the subs and he inspected them,counted the cash and handed it over to me.

It would have been less suspicious if the guy just told me he worked at CC,but whatever,he was cool to deal with.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #63
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I'm high enough profile and so many people know me that I never have problems dealing with people on RS or VCC. I've never conducted a CL transaction but I doubt I would ever have any problems. In fact I bet people would be more scared of me being the one they have to worry about (judging me by the way I look) than I would ever be worried about them.
That being said I usually check backgrounds on people (from RS or VCC) and I won't usually sell to low post accounts or people nobody knows.

Berz out.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
That seems pretty extreme.. I never had to bring a weapon to a craigslist deal. Just scope out the person your selling to before you meet up with him/her.
In this day and age you can't judge what someone is going to do based on what they look like.

I have done a few deals with people from CL that looked like they were going to straight up rob me,but instead ended up being straight up people.I have also dealt with hot girls that don't keep their word and try to convince me to just give it to them.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post

The only sketchy experience I have had dealing with a RS member was the time I was selling a pair of subwoofers to a member on here.I wanted to meet in the parking lot at Futuershop in Metrotown but he insisted I meet him in the alley of Cactus Club on Kingsway,I was a little concerned and I decided to take my usual precautions.When I got to the location,he came right out of Cactus Club wearing a uniform,went over to me and asked where the stuff was.I opened the car door,he saw the dog,I grabbed the subs and he inspected them,counted the cash and handed it over to me.

It would have been less suspicious if the guy just told me he worked at CC,but whatever,he was cool to deal with.
Ill never forget the one sketched out transaction I had once from RS. The user was some scum bag asian guy skinny wore full track suit with a peach fuzz moustache. He went by Golden_Boy and A|X. I was selling a Sony Ericsson S700. He met me at Metrotown near Sport Chek and he looked at my phone insisted he took my SIM out and put in his, he wanted to prove it was unlocked. So I let him. Then he proceeded to make a bunch of phone calls saying yeah its good etc. Whoever he talked to sounded shady as hell.

He goes oh yeah "my buddy" is coming from the skytrain to see the phone hes coming from Surrey He said lets wait at skytrain. During the mean time i noticed he had my phone in the pouch of his hoodie. I go hey wheres my phone Ill hold it in the mean time. This "buddy" took too fucking long. I took my phone back and said fuck this. I looked at my phone before we parted and noticed my phone was scratched as fuckkk and the infrared piece was taken out. What was I to do...whats done was done making a fuss now wouldnt make my phone perfect again..
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #66

Quote:
In this day and age you can't judge what someone is going to do based on what they look like.

I have done a few deals with people from CL that looked like they were going to straight up rob me,but instead ended up being straight up people.I have also dealt with hot girls that don't keep their word and try to convince me to just give it to them.
well if they cant pay for it in cash then u could have gotten them to pay for it in favors

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #67
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

should meet up in the waiting area of a bank where there's an armed security at front door; anything goes wrong, just yell out RUBBERY and duck fast ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyobaru View Post
Ill never forget the one sketched out transaction I had once from RS. The user was some scum bag asian guy skinny wore full track suit with a peach fuzz moustache. He went by Golden_Boy and A|X. I was selling a Sony Ericsson S700. He met me at Metrotown near Sport Chek and he looked at my phone insisted he took my SIM out and put in his, he wanted to prove it was unlocked. So I let him. Then he proceeded to make a bunch of phone calls saying yeah its good etc. Whoever he talked to sounded shady as hell.

He goes oh yeah "my buddy" is coming from the skytrain to see the phone hes coming from Surrey He said lets wait at skytrain. During the mean time i noticed he had my phone in the pouch of his hoodie. I go hey wheres my phone Ill hold it in the mean time. This "buddy" took too fucking long. I took my phone back and said fuck this. I looked at my phone before we parted and noticed my phone was scratched as fuckkk and the infrared piece was taken out. What was I to do...whats done was done making a fuss now wouldnt make my phone perfect again..
Sounds like the dickhead did the old bait & switch on you.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
well if they cant pay for it in cash then u could have gotten them to pay for it in favors
Oh believe me,there has been a few times where I was very tempted to ask.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #70
Better safe than Surrey

Depending on what I'm selling I'll either meet at a mall or higher end things I'll have them come to my place. I have sometimes looked people up on facebook if I feel they are trying to pull a fast one.

I've been that sketchy guy before, only because I was helping to recover stolen goods. Which is not something I recommend to do by your self.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #71

Quote:
Oh believe me,there has been a few times where I was very tempted to ask.
u should ask, as that totally will tell if shes sketchy or not

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 08-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #72
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
should meet up in the waiting area of a bank where there's an armed security at front door; anything goes wrong, just yell out RUBBERY and duck fast ...
There ain't no armed security at the front of banks... all there is usually are old guys wearing a bright vest.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #73
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
^ Yup, and they look like they couldn't even chase down a wheelchair most of the time.

That being said, how about bringing your own pepperspray instead of going so far as to conceal a knife or gun?
You can even hold it in your hand since it's not considered a "weapon" so any potential problems would be averted, the robber would think twice before trying to grab your shit. The worst that could happen would be BOTH of you would be maced in the face and rolling around on the floor lol ...

And to the guy that said you would stab the guy that pepper sprayed you ... Have you been maced directly in the face before?... it fucking HURTS and BURNS like hell!! I don't think you would have the time or composure to chase the guy that blasted you and stab him... you wouldn't even be able to see anything at all!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #74
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
you're not allowed to carry pepper spray as self defence.

you are only legally allowed to carry pepper spray/mace if your INTENTION of use is against animals (dogs/bears). so you'd have a tough time explaining why you're carrying it in the mall, it would be considered a weapon.

also lol @ people saying they'll carry something conspicuous like a golf club..
if i was the buyer (a legit one) i'd be scared of YOU and probably would back off.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #75
DUHHH HELLLLLLLLLO

Scrolled thru the pages briefly, not sure if anyone mentioned this but normally when I meet up to sell or buy things it would first have to be a in a big public area with lots of people.

Next I would bring 2 friends and have one beside me when making transaction.
The other one in the crowd over seeing the transaction from a far but close enough to catch them if they book it. (preferably near the exit the potential thief will take)

For Sale
BMW Multimedia cord for iDrive
GDchoi's Closet Cleanout
GDChoi is offline   Reply With Quote