REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #26
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
well justified or not, i'd have to say he deserved it. If you are stupid enough to charge at cops with an 11 inch knife, you're pretty much asking for it. In such a high traffic area, if he was capable of pulling out a knife, who knew what he would do next, take a hostage maybe. I don't care how the media is going to turn this one, but if you're acting like a fool then be ready to take the consequences. If I was a cop and had a crazed man charge me and my co-workers with a knife, I'd shoot him too. Our lives > what the media thinks
You're obviously twisting what happened and have no moral value for human life or arent smart enough to see an alternative route to save that poor soul.
First of all he was not chasing anyone, he was scared or out of his mind, this day in his adulthood, running through the streets and the cops positioned themselves to be confronted by him... the video doesnt lie.
Second the SPCA use nets when predatory animals are running wild, why such alternative setups arent used to subdue situations like this is because the cops are programed to kill people that act crazy and also the public, like yourself, have been media conditioned not to be outraged when this happens.

edit - short, far away, video of shooting
Advertisement

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 08-12-2012 at 01:36 AM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #27
The sound of inevitability

Another monkey dead, there should be medals handed out.

Although to be fair, I don't think they deserve any awards because they let the pole smoking fatherless mother fucking waste of space and shit scum of humanity, the ones yelling "worldstar", live. I would round them up and kill them too.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #28
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
You're obviously twisting what happened and have no moral value for human life or arent smart enough to see an alternative route to save that poor soul.
First of all he was not chasing anyone, he was scared or out of his mind, this day in his adulthood, running through the streets and the cops positioned themselves to be confronted by him... the video doesnt lie.
Second the SPCA use nets when predatory animals are running wild, why such alternative setups arent used to subdue situations like this is because the cops are programed to kill people that act crazy and also the public, like yourself, have been media conditioned not to be outraged when this happens.

LiveLeak.com - NYPD Shoots Man With Knife Near Times Square
Right... so what kind of normal citizen needs to carry a large knife around with them? How do people even get themselves into these situations?

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:32 AM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

Could be a hundred reasons, maybe its legal drugs called pharmaceuticals, which are given out like candy, that is playing with his mind process. Could be he was living in one of the endless destined ghettos that the CIA distributes crack and heroin in which he has tried out of depression and now is looney from.

The7even your raciest (even if your black) monkey speech sounds like you're being hard pressed by the man, so much so that you think its okay to kill mentally unstable people so that you can get a better edge in the rat race... less Americans, more jobs and food right.

edit - News clip with witness

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 08-12-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #30
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
they also use specific bullet....police bullets are made to kill...bullets the army use are meant to only injure...so the enemy can be captured.
police bullets are not made to kill.
they're made to not penetrate flesh, therefore can't penetrate armor. the bullets mushroom out to make sure they don't penetrate through the body and hit somebody else, and that the full force of the bullet is exerted into your body, most probably knocking you down. depending on where you're hit, the shock wave from the bullet can rip through your organs and up your neck into your brain.

military bullets are made to penetrate personnel armor and kill.
they travel way faster, are sharp, penetrate armor, then tumble sideways becoming unstable at high speeds, and shattering in your body, like a mini grenade, trying to rupture as many vital organs and fuck your central nervous system up, and the largest part of the bullet exits the back of your body. you will most likely die relatively fast, or bleed to death.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
^^^ interesting
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

LiveLeak.com - NYPD Shoots Man With Knife Near Times Square
I don't think you read my post, I'm not twisting anything. I never said he chased anyone, he charged at police with a knife when cornered. Nor did I say his intentions were to take a hostage, but since he was scared or "out of his mind" as you stated, there could be a possibility he'd take someone hostage out of fear or craze. Not saying he would, but it's possible. I also would not consider him a "poor soul". Do illegal drugs in public in broad daylight, okay whatever, he could be a good person with judgement issues. Carrying a concealed weapon and pulling it on police, I doubt he was Jesus in his past life.

I already think north american law is lenient enough. Anymore so and it would not be a very safe place to live because criminals would just do whatever they want knowing they'd just get a slap on the wrist and be out on the street again to do as they wish. I feel way safer walking down a dark street at midnight with 10k in my bag here in shanghai than I ever did walking empty handed back to my parked car in Yaletown on a busy saturday night.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #33
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
see no problem there if he actually lunged at the cops with the knife. think about these cops as being more than cops but mothers, fathers, etc. The guy's clearly asking for trouble and it's lucky he didn't hurt any cops or bystanders in that situation.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #34
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
I feel way safer walking down a dark street at midnight with 10k in my bag here in shanghai than I ever did walking empty handed back to my parked car in Yaletown on a busy saturday night.
boy you crazy
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
they're made to not penetrate flesh, therefore can't penetrate armor. the bullets mushroom out to make sure they don't penetrate through the body and hit somebody else, and that the full force of the bullet is exerted into your body, most probably knocking you down. depending on where you're hit, the shock wave from the bullet can rip through your organs and up your neck into your brain.

they travel way faster, are sharp, penetrate armor, then tumble sideways becoming unstable at high speeds, and shattering in your body, like a mini grenade, trying to rupture as many vital organs and fuck your central nervous system up, and the largest part of the bullet exits the back of your body. you will most likely die relatively fast, or bleed to death.
Hmmmm....Interesting. I learned the opposite when I took ballistics training.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #36
SardaukarMod

Quote:
The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[3] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention.
Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police ammunition, due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation. In many jurisdictions, even ones such as the United Kingdom, where expanding ammunition is generally prohibited, it is illegal to hunt certain types of game with ammunition that does not expand.[4][5] Some target ranges forbid full metal jacket ammunition, due to its greater tendency to damage metal targets and backstops.[6]
Hollow-point bullet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

Dafuq did I just read?

Based on this post I'm going to guess you don't even have your RPAL let alone any experience with different classes of firearms and ammunition. BRB sharpening my bullets so they travel faster and make a bigger brain impacting shockwave.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
is this making headline only because it happened in a touristy/busy area?

very easy to judge and say "trigger happy" from that shaky ass footage when numerous of cops had their guns drawn
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
I never said he chased anyone, he charged at police with a knife when cornered.
Look at it this way, a criminal is riding a knife mounted bike on the street, rather then knock him over with a cop cruiser, you intentionally stand in front of him, shoot him dead and cry self defense. This is murder.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #40
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Dafuq did I just read?

Based on this post I'm going to guess you don't even have your RPAL let alone any experience with different classes of firearms and ammunition. BRB sharpening my bullets so they travel faster and make a bigger brain impacting shockwave.
Ulic is in the army...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #41
Head Moderator

Quote:
Look at it this way, a criminal is riding a knife mounted bike on the street, rather then knock him over with a cop cruiser, you intentionally stand in front of him, shoot him dead and cry self defense. This is murder.
The police previously tried to subdue him with nonlethal means. Most police forces, especially the NYPD, are trained to aim for centre mass. Sure, it's easy to say "just aim for the knees!" but, trust me, it's a hell of a lot harder than it seems, especially when that suspect is running towards you with intention to harm.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #42

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
The police previously tried to subdue him with nonlethal means. Most police forces, especially the NYPD, are trained to aim for centre mass. Sure, it's easy to say "just aim for the knees!" but, trust me, it's a hell of a lot harder than it seems, especially when that suspect is running towards you with intention to harm.
Like the previous quote said, Annie Oakley does not exist... neither do any of Clint Eastwood's characters. You shoot for the knee and miss, there's no telling where that bullet will go once it hits the sidewalk, or a light pole, or a park bench, or whatever it hits next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
especially when that suspect is running towards you with intention to harm.
They confined his free movement on purpose to shoot him many times dead, thats the plain simple truth.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #44

Quote:
If I was a cop and had a crazed man charge me and my co-workers with a knife, I'd shoot him too.
Well that's the other part of it: you'd do that to protect your co-workers... and so would every other cop there. You have a even half-dozen cops around, they see the guy lunge at one of their comrades... they're not going to just sit back and wait for someone else to fire first. Each one only needs to squeeze off a couple rounds, and the guy is swiss cheese. 10 or 11 shots is minimal if you consider this.
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #45
Head Moderator

Quote:
They confined his free movement on purpose to shoot him many times dead, thats the plain simple truth.
No, they confined his movements in order to make sure he had nowhere else to go because witness reports state that he was taking random swings at people. The purpose of doing so is to show that the suspect has nowhere else to go and should surrender.

Murder would have been the police officer getting out of his car and shooting him without any warnings or attempting to use nonlethal force. The suspect stood up to several rounds of pepper spray, and the officers gave him ample time to surrender. The fact that they allowed this guy to wander several streets before they took the shot amplifies this fact.

Tell me, if you were the officer in charge, what would YOU have done differently?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
I subscribe to Revscene

I would have officers be a block ahead of this possible movements and only a small number tailing him, in civilian uniform (undercover) if possible.
(I wouldnt care if the cities traffic would have to come to a stop for a while, a human life is worth more then the surrounding people skipping lunch or arriving to their appointments on time)
If talking doesnt work I would then order bean bag or plastic bullet guns to be deployed on him, eventually bruising him so much from a distance that he'd tire out and give up from pain.

The damage those bullets do, they can even knock a man out (or kill) if shot to the head.
http://www.mindfully.org/Health/2002...b25may02F2.jpg

Quote:
The purpose of doing so is to show that the suspect has nowhere else to go and should surrender.
A basic strategy to rid mentally handycap (since you dont challenge a knife to a gun fight) people from the country, nice.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 08-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #47

Quote:
Tell me, if you were the officer in charge, what would YOU have done differently?
Chase him up a tree?

EDIT: http://www.revscene.net/forums/486417-bear-lovers.html
Quote:

Last edited by Soundy; 08-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #48
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts

I'm against excessive force by police but this isn't excessive.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #50
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:

Had to be done
supremematt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: