REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
This is not always the case. My transfer from an AC to LH flight (both star alliance) was a gong show. Had to bus in from the tarmac, go for a long hike, and re-clear security before I could make it to my LH gate.
Notice I did say terminal, which is why you should take a look at each airline's specific terminal map if you are worried about transfers. He's flying UA on both flights.
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqin View Post
It's not necessarily the distance you have to walk/run to make it to where ever your next boarding station is, I understand that some airports are smaller and the terminals are all clustered. The problem is the unexpected delay, 45 minutes is giving yourself a minimal margin of transfer time to get onto your connecting flight.

It's better to be safe than sorry since missing a flight can be very stressful.
I agree and quite honestly, if someone is that worried about a transfer, let your booking agent know and once on flight, let the attendant know as well. They'll get you on your way as fast as possible. The only issue is weather delays and without knowing when OP is flying I cannot predict those. However, if he is flying in the middle of October and onward, there are sometimes delays due to rainstorms and fog at Frankfurt and Munich.

FWIW, FRA is not a small airport as it's one of the major hubs. In terms of size, it's only smaller than Heathrow and Charles du Gauille, but it handles the most flights.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #28
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I looked at your itinerary and it appears you're on the same airline heading to your destination and same thing heading home. Did you check if your connecting flight is on the same plane? A lot of times the plane makes a layover but if you are traveling to your final destination it continues on. It just drops off and picks up new passengers along the way. Some airlines will wait for a connecting flight since it's the same airline and not connecting to a different company.
anti_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #29
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
Offtopic....but say you're booking a trip that requires a layover at a city. Assume you're booking the whole trip with the same Airline. Will they always 100% provide you with overnight accommodations? Or will you have to sleep at the airport for 16~24 hr layovers?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,626 Posts
They usually provide accommodations. Not free though, cost included in flight.