REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Saki Help??? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672836-saki-help.html)

murd0c 08-24-2012 04:38 PM

Saki Help???

So a buddy just came over and he brought some bottles of Saki he received for free and he doesn't know anything about them since they are not in english.

Can anyone help if they are any good and if you know what they could be worth? He's not sure if he should drink them or sell them.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5...9608510741.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9...9612200741.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/526...9613580741.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3...9615340741.jpg

MeowMeow 08-24-2012 04:41 PM

Just drink it
Mautai is sold commonly at BC liquor store
Strong as fuck and tastes nasty but goes aite with oily food.

AVS_Racing 08-24-2012 04:42 PM

thats not saki its Chinese liquor

Grandmaster TSE 08-24-2012 04:43 PM

drink it
prepare to get fucked

and those aren't saki, their just china liquors

HondaGuy 08-24-2012 04:47 PM

^^ what they said. Try the moutai...

murd0c 08-24-2012 04:47 PM

Thanks guys, he told me it might me Saki he thanks you as well.

murd0c 08-24-2012 04:48 PM

is the bottle with the dragon any good?

jackmeister 08-24-2012 05:20 PM

thats the shit quality maotai you can buy at liquor stores locally.

the good shit is rare (in canada) and at least double the price

Chronix 08-24-2012 05:36 PM

written as sake btw

AzNightmare 08-24-2012 06:17 PM

Only one way to find out if any of this "random" stuff is any good.....

:drunk:

asian_XL 08-24-2012 06:18 PM

53% LOL

murd0c 08-24-2012 07:48 PM

My god this shit is fucken nasty WTF how can someone drink this shit... OMFG

dbaz 08-24-2012 08:54 PM

try it straight out of the bottle/box or you can mix hot water to it then pour it. hot stuff fucks you up more, have fun

guava 08-24-2012 09:04 PM

the last one is good. all others are crap. considered low class spirits from the north.
from the pictures, the last two are not bad. they are both from state owned breweries.
the last one is good, considering its exclusively served for the military.

El Bastardo 08-24-2012 09:29 PM

Where can I find a bottle of the second one (blue and white)? I know a collector of liquor bottles.

murd0c 08-24-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guava (Post 8012367)
the last one is good. all others are crap. considered low class spirits from the north.
from the pictures, the last two are not bad. they are both from state owned breweries.
the last one is good, considering its exclusively served for the military.

That's good to hear cause that's the bottle he gave me. I prob will never drink it until I have some people over and want them to hurl at 3am

murd0c 08-24-2012 11:25 PM

I've had moonshine before and that shit is WAY worse.... I don't think I will feel good in the morning :(

if it aint in spanish, russian, french, italian or english I won't be drinking it in the future :okay:

Grandmaster TSE 08-24-2012 11:53 PM

asian paint thinner lol

dygital 08-25-2012 01:52 AM

My parents cook with that stuff haha

ae101 08-25-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8012338)
My god this shit is fucken nasty WTF how can someone drink this shit... OMFG

now since the pics dun work over here in china, im guessing its moutai just cuz other members say it is

so welcome to the my end of the world buddy as i drink this stuff a lot since they take it to social events alot

now there are many different kind of white chinese wine & the way to know if its any good is by:

1. in your mouth has to be chewy

2. when u swallow its smooth on the throat

this is stuff is good for the body as u feed energetic the next day (from exprience) but dun over do it as its hard liquor, each time u drink put it in a shot glass (it might be too much since these glass or smaller then a shot glass)

i know the distributor of moutai guandong province & he taught me how to drink this stuff, but still not a big fan as it too burning for me

yray 08-25-2012 06:45 AM

double check if the moutai is real or not, shit might make you go blind if it's fake LOL

Hurricane 08-25-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronix (Post 8012263)
written as sake btw

Truth be told it can be spelled sake, saké or saki, as its basically just a made up word. It's spelled differently in various English speaking places. In fact it should probably be spelled saké which might lead to the correct pronunciation (sa-kay) more often.

If we want to get technical, it's not actually a type of alcohol either.

In Japan, there is no such thing as 'Sake.' Well, there is, it just means alcohol. Beer, wine, vodka, all fall into the 'Sake' category.

What we call Sake here is actually Nihon-shu (Japanese Rice Wine). So if you actually go to a Japanese owned Sushi-ya, try asking for Nihon-shu. Rei-shu (cold sake) if you really want to impress the chef. If they have no idea WTF you are talking about, they are certainly not Japanese.

Sho-chu is the good stuff however. Potato or Wheat (similar to Vodka) and mixed with water is how the salary man in Japan make it to work every day. There is virtually no hangover from that stuff, its pure, strong, and the water keeps you hydrated.

http://image.blingee.com/images16/co...321_270981.gif

As for Chinese cooking wine as a beverage, can't help you there.

fliptuner 08-25-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8012236)
is the bottle with the dragon any good?

Anything with a dragon on it = more Asian lol

I say try them all. If you like it, you just opened a new door.

On the topic of moonshine: I've had all different kinds and my favourite, by far, is homemade, Romainian Palinka, made with plums.

Verdasco 08-25-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8012465)
I've had moonshine before and that shit is WAY worse.... I don't think I will feel good in the morning :(

if it aint in spanish, russian, french, italian or english I won't be drinking it in the future :okay:

lol serious? i remember drinking moonshine in a farm near pentincton when i was like 10 :drunk:

murd0c 08-25-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 8012669)
Anything with a dragon on it = more Asian lol

I say try them all. If you like it, you just opened a new door.

On the topic of moonshine: I've had all different kinds and my favourite, by far, is homemade, Romainian Palinka, made with plums.

No new door was opened cause it tastes like death, I don't even know how to describe it honestly but it's different. The last pic with the clear bottle I never tried I'm just saving that for my next party trick when everyones drunk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8012672)
lol serious? i remember drinking moonshine in a farm near pentincton when i was like 10 :drunk:

Yep I have had some horrible and great moonshine before. The best stuff is made with apple's and cinnamon with after taste being like hot apple pie but better.

about 13yrs ago it was 2am and I was at the pier in White Rock and I told the people I was with I wanted to drink more. This group of 5 Russian guys called me over and handed me a beer bottle and said try this. I took a massive swig if it and boy did that shit hit me hard. He then said to me in his Russian voice thats homemade moon shine from my hometown and that will put some hair on your chest.

Soon after I some how wound up naked and making out with some fat chick with some big ass titties. Talk about a interesting night I will never forget :nyan: