REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #1401
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
maybe you should educate yourself on the topic before responding. This has nothing to do with deflating footballs now......it is now about evidence tampering and obstructing justice. Brady could have easily cleared his name if he just provided the texts from the balls boys and himself. Instead he decided to destroy his phone before his interview with the league. Brady claimed it is common practice for him to dstroy his phones every 4-5 months, but the he still has 2 other phones that were not destroyed.....it is Brady's arrogance that's got him in this mess......
Glad you completely missed the whole point of my post
Advertisement
Shayan4440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #1402
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayan4440 View Post
Glad you completely missed the whole point of my post
You had no point
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #1403
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You had no point
Good to know -.-
Shayan4440 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2015, 07:47 AM   #1404
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Russell Wilson gets a huge raise. Well deserved contract for the Seahawks QB.

He's gonna be the second highest paid QB in the NFL behind Aaron Rodgers:

Quarterback Russell Wilson agrees to extension with Seattle Seahawks

Quarterback Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $87.6 million, sources confirmed to ESPN on Friday.

The terms were first reported by Sports Illustrated.

The deal puts Wilson on par with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who is the NFL's highest-paid player with a deal worth an average of $22 million annually.

Wilson, 26, was scheduled to make $1.54 million this season, the fourth and final year of his rookie contract. If he had not agreed to the new contract, Wilson faced being tagged as the franchise player next February.

Wilson commented on the deal Friday morning on Twitter

Russell Wilson
✔ ‎@DangeRussWilson
Blessed to be w/ this organization for 4 more years! Can't wait to get on field w/ the fellas! @Seahawks #ChampionshipMindset
Old 07-31-2015, 07:50 AM   #1405
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayan4440 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this whole thing is stupid? Regardless of what happened, this whole incident just reflects poorly on the league from an optics point-of-view. Even if Brady and the Patriots staff had a part in the deflating of those footballs, the Patriots still won by a margin of 38 points so why is it even a big issue? If it was a tight game, it would be understandable, but at this point, no one is a winner.
so enlighten us with your point? you obviously don't know how to communicate in a clear fashion.....
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:54 AM   #1406
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Any Jets fans? Geno Smith out for 10 weeks after getting his jaw broken in a locker room argument.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eks-broken-jaw

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The altercation in the New York Jets locker room that ended with quarterback Geno Smith suffering a broken jaw began as a dispute over $600, sources told ESPN.

Smith, who will miss at least six to 10 weeks with two fractures in his jaw, accepted a $600 plane ticket from IK Enemkpali to appear at the reserve linebacker's football camp in Pflugerville, Texas, on July 11, according to sources. Problems arose when Smith did not show to the camp, which took place days after someone close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami, sources said.

After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase the plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he had not as of Tuesday morning. Enkempali confronted Smith on Tuesday about the money, and the confrontation ended in a punch and a broken jaw.

A source familiar with the situation told ESPN's Josina Anderson that at the start of camp, Smith approached Enemkpali, sensing tension between the two. The source said Smith confronted Enemkpali, tried to diffuse the situation and offered to pay Enemkpali the $600.

The source told Anderson "Geno initially intended to attend the event out of goodwill," adding, "Geno did not borrow $600 from [Enemkpali]. He volunteered to attend the event. Geno offered to pay the kid back from what was spent, to help him out."

Enemkpali, a sixth-round pick in 2014, was released immediately by the team, with coach Todd Bowles saying it's up to Smith if he wants to formally press charges. The coach also said he spoke to the team and then made the decision to let go of Enemkpali.

"It had nothing to do with football. It was something very childish," Bowles said in an opening statement. "He got cold-cocked, sucker-punched, whatever you want to call it, in the jaw. He has a broken jaw, fractured jaw.

"The team knows it's something we don't tolerate, something we can't stand. You don't walk up to a man and punch him in the face."

"You can call him every name in the book and point in his face and do whatever you want," Bowles said later, "but when you punch a man in the face, that's some serious stuff."

Enemkpali released a statement Tuesday afternoon saying he was sorry for his actions.

"I apologize to the Jets organization, coaches, teammates and fans," Enemkpali said. "Geno and I let our frustration get the best of us, but I should have just walked away from the situation. I deeply regret and apologize for my actions. It was never my intention to harm anyone. I appreciate the opportunity I had with the Jets."
Replacing Geno

"Once [Enemkpali] calmed down, he was very remorseful," Bowles said. "From Geno's standpoint, anytime someone punches you in the face unwarranted, you're going to be pissed off -- and he was pissed off."

Bowles, who was informed of the situation by a trainer, said Smith did not throw a counter-punch and that several players stepped in to break up the altercation.

Bowles said he was also upset with Smith regarding the incident with Enemkpali.

"It takes two to tango -- one to throw a punch, but two to tango," Bowles explained.

Cornerback Darrelle Revis agreed with that sentiment, saying, "I hold both of them responsible, just the way it played out."

Smith, who was the presumptive opening day starter, will have surgery, according to Bowles. There's no guarantee that Smith will regain the starting job when his recovery ends, Bowles said.

Veteran backup Ryan Fitzpatrick is "our starter" now, Bowles said.

"My only goal is to heal quickly and get back to playing with my teammates so I can be the best QB possible for the NY Jets," Smith said in a statement.

He also took to Instagram, vowing to return.

A clearly annoyed Bowles said Enemkpali punched Smith over a trivial matter.

"It was something very childish, something sixth-graders could've talked about," Bowles said. "It had no reason to happen. If they want to tell you what happened, they can tell you what happened. I told them I wouldn't say anything about it."

"This isn't a UFC match," Jets guard Willie Colon said. "We're football players, not fighters."

This is not Enemkpali's first brush with off-the-field violence. At 19, while at a bar when he was at college at Louisiana Tech, a fight broke out and he punched an off-duty cop who was working security at the bar. On that night, Enemkpali had to be subdued first with pepper spray and then with a stun gun.

He was arrested and charged with battery on a police officer and disturbing the peace/drunk, according to court records. The charge was amended to simple battery, and he received a suspended jail sentence and was placed on 13 months' probation. He also was ordered to perform 32 hours of community service and to complete an anger-management course.

Bowles indicated that the Jets might add another quarterback. The current No. 2 is Bryce Petty, a rookie who has been struggling in camp.

Free-agent quarterback Tyler Thigpen will work out for the Jets on Friday, a source told Schefter. The New York Daily News reports that the Jets have also reached out to free-agent quarterback Rex Grossman, who last played in 2013 with the Washington Redskins.

Smith, entering his third season, was having an impressive camp. He didn't throw his first interceptions until Monday.

Free-agent quarterback Michael Vick, who spent last season with the Jets, reached out to Smith via Twitter.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #1407
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I couldn't stop laughing when I heard about Geno, maybe its because I can't stand Geno or the Jets. This might be good for the Jets, Geno is horrible, Fitzpatrick would be a better starter for them lol
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #1408

Geno is horrible but has shown flashes of brilliance

In any case, getting suckered by a teammate over a $600 debt is pretty much the most hilarious thing I've heard from pro sports in years
Old 08-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #1409
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Reports now saying it really wasn't a sucker punch, Geno and Ik where face to face jawing at each other with Geno sticking his finger in Ik's face

Ex-NFL safety Ryan Clark says he knows exactly why IK Enemkpali punched Jets' Geno Smith | NJ.com

Quote:
"It became about the fact that Geno wasn't necessarily apologetic, and being in a way remorseful about the money, when saying he was going to pay IK back. You know, he didn't, and he was rather smug about it. So these guys got into it earlier in camp about this money. My report says Geno put his finger in [Enemkpali's] face and told the guy, 'Well, you're not going to do anything about it.'

"This wasn't the first time they had an issue over this same situation, and nothing came from it the first time. You know, the first time they got into an argument, you know, words were said, disrespect thrown both ways, both guys separate and walk away. So when you have that situation happen one time, I'm sure a lot of people weren't expecting it to get where it's gone."
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #1410
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

geno cancelled the flight due to a death and he had to attend a funeral.

so let the $600 slide. by asking for it you're also bringing up that death every time. over some chump change. geno could probably handled it better but really man? i'd tell IK to fuck off too.

that small dick tough guy thing. you waved a finger in my face?!?! apparently that's open grounds to assault you. and lose my 600k job. it's a sucker punch if you and a co worker are talking shit/arguing and one of you suddenly punches the other. that's the definition of a sucker punch.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #1411
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Geno 911!
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:06 AM   #1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
geno cancelled the flight due to a death and he had to attend a funeral.

so let the $600 slide. by asking for it you're also bringing up that death every time. over some chump change. geno could probably handled it better but really man? i'd tell IK to fuck off too.

that small dick tough guy thing. you waved a finger in my face?!?! apparently that's open grounds to assault you. and lose my 600k job. it's a sucker punch if you and a co worker are talking shit/arguing and one of you suddenly punches the other. that's the definition of a sucker punch.
7Even already said what I was going to post, I agree with him. Sometimes when you poke a bear a bear will bite you. Geno basically thought he was untouchable and because of that was playing the tough guy role, tough guy got knocked the fuck out.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #1413

It looks like not so sexy Rexy and the Bills picked up IK Enemkpali so it will be business as usual for him after the league rules on any discipline.

The Bills play the Jets Nov.12th, maybe he'll get a chance to land a cleaner hit under his chin.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #1414
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Such a Rex thing to do. Guy is hilarious.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #1415
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Smart move by Rex
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Goodell is going to lose his job because of this and Brady prob won't even get a game now since it's going to the courts.
Murdoc, looks like you were right so far. I'm surprised how fast the process moved considering other challenges in the past. Almost every suspension Goodell makes gets overturned in the courts, that can't be good for business right or wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/sp...flategate.html

In a major setback for the N.F.L., New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady prevailed in his battle to have his four-game suspension overturned on Thursday, as a federal judge reversed a ruling by Commissioner Roger Goodell to bench one of the league’s biggest stars in a dispute over underinflated balls he used in a January championship game.

Judge Richard M. Berman of Federal District Court in Manhattan did not rule on whether Brady tampered with the footballs in a bid for competitive advantage. Instead, he focused on the narrower question of whether the collective bargaining agreement between the N.F.L. and the players union gave Goodell the authority to carry out the suspension. Judge Berman ruled that it did not.

Berman said Brady could not be suspended for “general awareness” of others’ conduct, as an N.F.L. investigative report determined.
Continue reading the main story
Document: Judge’s 40-Page Ruling in Dismissing Tom Brady Suspension

“The court finds that Brady had no notice that he could receive a four-game suspension for general awareness of ball deflation by others or participation in any scheme to deflate footballs, and noncooperation with the ensuing investigation,’’ Berman wrote.

“No N.F.L. policy or precedent notifies players that they may be disciplined (much less suspended) for general awareness of misconduct by others,’’ he added.
Continue reading the main story
Breaking News Alerts

Even if the league believed Brady had obstructed the investigation, by having a cellphone destroyed before it could be fully examined, the judge sided with Brady’s argument that “there is no evidence of a record of past suspensions based purely on obstructing a league investigation.”

He found the N.F.L. did not give Brady adequate notice of the potential penalty for the misconduct he was accused of and it had been denied sufficient access to the N.F.L.’s investigative files.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #1417
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
I'm just pissed off I didn't pick up Brady in my main Fantasy team fuck.

My other two I have him dammit
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #1418
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

pats have an insanely easy schedule this year.

dallas, eagles, broncos are their "hard" opponents. and they won't lose more then 1 against those 3 and could easily sweep those 3 teams. technically the colts too, but they don't count because pats will just run for 200 yds and 4 scores, again. for the 4th time against the colts.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #1419

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
I hope its a superbowl rematch with the seahawks
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #1420

I'm gonna wear my Patriots Superbowl 49 championship t-shirt to work next week just to troll all the Seahawks fans that I work with.

A rematch with the Seahawks in Superbowl 50 would be epic!
Old 09-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #1421

This tweet from Iain McIntyre is so true about life in general, not just the NFL:

Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun · 1h1 hour ago
So, in Deflategate, attorneys make millions, the famous go free and a poor equipment guy is out of a job. See, the system works.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #1422
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Fucking Drafted for two pools tonight.

One of them went extremely well (aside from me missing one round due to some technical glitches and the stupid computer picking Hopkins for me).

The other pool went to shit, 12 people and was mid pack, ended up in a weird position, and started just taking QB's.

Ended up getting Aaron Rodgers, peyton manning and Tom brady, first couple matchups are going to be rough, but should be able to trade a couple QB's for good players later on, and then the team should be pretty good.

Overally pretty excited about this season.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:30 AM   #1423

Fuck yeah, it's like Christmas morning when I was 8.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:24 AM   #1424

SOOOOOOO stoked. Thursday game was a nice little preview, with the Steelers failing and the Patriots cheating. Can't wait until tomorrow!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #1425
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
Tomorrow? Seahawks in 30 mins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote