REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #1276
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Oh snap.
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #1277
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Props to the Pats for a great game. Even though they cheated to get there and they have probably the most annoying fans in any sport (as evidenced on this page), they played great and benefited from possibly the worst play call in super bowl history.

I thought Edelman was the MVP. Brady played fine, but it was his bad plays that made this game as close as it was.

Stop being butt hurt about the loss, dude. The Patriots were criticized early this season after the loss to the Chiefs and rightly so. People were writing off this team early and saying Brady was over the hill.

Guess what? The team re-grouped during the season and overcame adversity in the playoffs.

New England was losing to the Ravens by 14 points twice in that playoff game only to come back and win. I would say that's a pretty good sign of a team that can do well in the playoffs.

As for the Deflategate investigation, there are no results about whether the Patriots team, coach, or any person associated with this team, did anything with those footballs.

Show me some video of the crime or get a witness to prove this team broke league rules. Prove it.

Otherwise, people should get the fuck off their backs and let this team celebrate a Superbowl!

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-01-2015 at 09:26 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #1278
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
^If you think Brady or anyone else on the Patriots had no idea on the ball pressure, you're living in lala land.

Game was complete shit today. I don't care for either team. But, as an athlete, the fact the Seahawks lost the way they did was ridiculous. No justice at all.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #1279
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Look at the replay again. Butler knocks Lockett away in order to get his hands in the ball. This rookie stepped up big time.

Anyways, it's a moot point. Terrible play call by Seattle's offensive coordinator.
They should have let Lynch run the ball into the end zone. -also still had a timeout remaining.
Regardless of the play call, Russell should have called an audible and went with his man #beastmode.

In my opinion, this is Russell's fault. What an idiot. He should have known better.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #1280
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
any given Sunday, it could of worked and everyone would of said genius call but in this case it didn't work and sucks to be Hawks fans. After seeing the Pats lose two previous Super Bowls I don't think I could of handled another loss in the big game
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #1281
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
^If you think Brady or anyone else on the Patriots had no idea on the ball pressure, you're living in lala land.

Game was complete shit today. I don't care for either team. But, as an athlete, the fact the Seahawks lost the way they did was ridiculous. No justice at all.
It's not about justice. -just a play call on a high risk throw to the end zone for the TD. It's the coach's fault for that decision.

-definitely agree with Emmitt Smith:

‏@EmmittSmith22
That was the worst play call I've seen in the history of football.

Hindsight is 20/20. If New England didn't get first downs in order to get two TDs in the fourth quarter, we would be witnessing a SeaHawks repeat. The game wouldn't have come down to the 1st and goal from the 1 yard line.

It didn't happen. What surprised me is that Seattle defenders couldn't stop the Patriots in the fourth quarter. Edelmann, Gronk, and Amendola were able to get extra yards on defenders after catching passes. The league's best defence could not stop the Patriots' TD drives in the late stages of the game.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-01-2015 at 09:46 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #1282
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
I think they mentioned that Lynch was something like 1 of 5, running the ball in from inside 2yds. Maybe that was the defensive coordinator's reason for passing. I mean they still could've run it with a different player but that may have played a role in not giving Lynch the ball, specifically.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #1283
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #1284
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Even my wife, who knows nothing about football, asked me why they didn't just run the ball in.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:56 PM   #1285
The RS Freebie guru

Why even bother playing the real game anymore?

Just simulate it with Madden 15.

?Madden? Super Bowl Simulation Eerily Correct, Predicted 28-24 Patriots Win | Super Bowl | NESN.com

Quote:
In fact, “Madden 15″ correctly predicted that the New England Patriots would beat the Seattle Seahawks by a score of 28-24.

But that’s not where the creepiness ends. The game also predicted that the Patriots would rally from a 24-14 deficit in the third quarter (check), that wide receiver Julian Edelman would score the go-ahead touchdown (check) and that quarterback Tom Brady would be named Super Bowl MVP (check).
Old 02-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #1286

A passing play itself wasn't bad... They had 3 downs but only what 10 seconds and 1 timeout? It made sense to try a passing play. The specific play they called is what's bad about it. A slant right into the middle like that... Just stupid.

Also neither Seahawks player performed that play like they were trying to win the super bowl either. Was it Lockette? He was just muscled off the ball, despite being way bigger than the back who intercepted.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #1287
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
A passing play itself wasn't bad... They had 3 downs but only what 10 seconds and 1 timeout? It made sense to try a passing play. The specific play they called is what's bad about it. A slant right into the middle like that... Just stupid.

Also neither Seahawks player performed that play like they were trying to win the super bowl either. Was it Lockette? He was just muscled off the ball, despite being way bigger than the back who intercepted.
They had 21 seconds left. Not 10, and yes 1 timeout.

You don't pass when you have 3 downs left, and you are within inches. Offensive coordinator is an idiot.

I saw lynch line up as a WR in real time, and I knew right away this wasn't good, but I still thought that he would cross underneath and they would run it. When he ran forward I knew it was stupid, when the interception came, the bar I was at at WSU just went completely silent.

As for lynch not being effective, that's bullshit, even in that game where lynch was getting shot down a bunch, he almost never lost yards. even in the 1st quarter where Wilsons passing yardage was -2, lynch had rushed for like 40 yards.

As for the blame and hate on Wilson himself, as much as I had wished he hadn't run the play, you have to understand that this kid is not a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, I know for a fact those guys would have recognized the idiocy and called an audible and run the ball. This is only wilson's 3rd fucking year, he's still a kid, we hold him to higher standards because of his record, and the fact that he won last year. We hold him to higher standards because he is so god damn talented, but the truth is he's still a kid, and he still doesn't have the free reign a player like Manning has.

Believe me though Wilson will be back, this kid is a fucking force, to prove that, Seattle was already picked as best odds for winning the SB in 2016, at 5-1.

It's going to be a long offseason, and we unfortunately will be seeing a really different team fielded next year with all the contracts needing to be established this year, unfortunately for seattle they have been living in a dream world with Wilson making rookie money, and playing as an all-star QB. You better believe that he is not going to be settling for 850k after what he has done the last 3 years.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #1288
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,037 Times in 2,075 Posts
Stupidest playcall in Super Bowl history. I still can't believe it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #1289
The RS Freebie guru

There's plenty of blame to go around for the Seahawks, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it was an incredible interception.

Look at where Butler is just before the ball was tossed:

How in the hell did he get there for the interception?!

[vine]OtEnQBwOP9t[/vine]

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/russ...malcolm-butler
Old 02-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #1290

The more I th ink about it, the more I think it wasn't that bad of a play call. It was an aggressive one, maybe more than it needed to be. But these are the Seahawks we're talking about. Also Lynch hasn't been that great this season for 1 yard TDs anyway.

It was something that most teams wouldn't have done (how many would have gone for a TD with 6 seconds left?) but more importantly it was a combination of a great defensive play along with a not such a great pass (and the Patriots knew exactly what the play was going to be).

In hindsight, it looks like such a terrible call by the coaches, but if Russ had thrown it low, it would have been a TD and we'd be talking about how aggressive Pete Carroll is, and how that play won them the super bowl.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #1291

Quote:
The more I th ink about it, the more I think it wasn't that bad of a play call.
No. you are over thinking it. It was a terrible play call.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
No, I'm just being rational and not just jumping on the bandwagon. I think it was more a combination of a bad offensive play and a good defensive play, than a bad play call.

Even the best QBs in the world (like Tom Brady) made bad plays that game, perhaps on good calls. This was one at the most inopportune time.

If they handed it to Lynch 3 times and got stuffed 3 times, maybe those wouldn't have been bad calls, but they wouldn't have worked either. This was a higher risk, higher reward play call, they just didn't deliver.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #1293
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
It was only a terrible call because it didn't work
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #1294
Waxin’ Punks

No. It WAS terrible because it was only 2nd down. You run it on 2nd and 1 ESPECIALLY with Lynch on your team.

No other way to view it. It was a terrible call.

Even if it did work, and it was close to working, people would have still said it was too risky and not the right call for the situation IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
It was only a terrible call because it didn't work
No, it was a terrible call because it opened them up to a lot more risk than necessary, at a time where they could have stood just a good of chance at scoring while protecting themselves from exactly what happened.

If lynch got stuffed on 2nd and then they threw it, then w/e, but to not even give the guy a shot at breaking through is stupid. It was his play who got them the first down they needed and began the whole rally that ended up with them at the 1 yard line. It was dumb.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
No. It WAS terrible because it was only 2nd down. You run it on 2nd and 1 ESPECIALLY with Lynch on your team.

No other way to view it. It was a terrible call.

Even if it did work, and it was close to working, people would have still said it was too risky and not the right call for the situation IMO.
Lynch is 1-4 TDs this year from the 1 yard line, and they blew a timeout. This gave them the best chance to win the game, but it was intercepted. Had it been caught, there is no way in hell anyone would even dream of calling it a bad play. They would be calling it a bold, aggressive play, because that's what it was.

Had the play at the end of the half not worked, people would be calling that a bad play. But again, it was a risky play that paid off.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #1297
Waxin’ Punks

The whole thing here is that it was 2nd down. They essentially had a free opportunity for Lynch to run it. He gets stopped, fine, take the risk and throw it on 3rd. No good reason he shouldn't have been given the opportunity on 2nd down.

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 08:59 AM   #1298
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
If that play worked, I think most people's reaction would've been:

-WTF?
-Are they........passi...???
-YESSS!!!! TD!!!!
-OMG I can't believe they threw it on 2nd/goal, so risky

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #1299

Even if you use your statistics to determine that lynch only had a 25% chance of scoring.

That 25% chance of scoring was 1 FREE opportunity. It cost them absolutely nothing to at least try and run the ball for one play, if that didn't work, then they would be probably 15 seconds left or whatever, and no more timeouts, then it becomes a choice of throwing, or try one more time for a rush. Nobody would be complaining by that point.

EDIT: Punkwax just keeps beating me to the punch. He is dead on.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #1300

Pats had their run defense out, it would have been a good time to throw. It was just a bad offensive play by the Seahawks and a great defensive play by the Patriots.

Throwing in that situation was risky, I guess that's what makes it "wrong". If that's what you think, then fine...
This post thanked by: