REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #51
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Need to bench 1 of the following this week for the semi-final match-up in my fantasy league:
Danario Alexander Vs. Carolina
Randall Cobb @ Chicago
David Wilson @ Atlanta

Right now, I'm leaning towards benching Cobb, though I feel like I can't go wrong with any of these guys. What you guys think?
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
As for this weekend, apparently the Ravens fired their offensive coordinator... now I am kind of a noob to this sport, but I wonder what that will mean? Flacco has been anything but impressive (except for some accurate long bomb throws) and they haven't been using Ray Rice nearly enough IMO. Although their real problem is their defense, it will be interesting to see if the offense improves with this change, and if Rice gets to carry more now.
Through the first quarter, we've seen nothing new out of the Ravens under new OC Jim Caldwell. No hurry-up, no Ray Rice emphasis, no first downs. Ugly.

Meanwhile...Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
seahawks are legit contenders... wilson too smart and lynch is just a beast! Seahawks defense are one of the best too playing trap.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #54

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
-can't wait until the Patriots and 49ers game tonight. New England is tough to beat in December at Gillette Stadium. 20 straight wins at Foxborough in the month of December.

-possible Superbowl preview game.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #55

49ers vs patriots superbowl?

Should think about 49ers vs seahawks next week for the division title first
Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #56
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
49ers vs patriots superbowl?

Should think about 49ers vs seahawks next week for the division title first
seahawks suck. The fluked out on green bay and NE. They are riding Easy schedule . they dont deserve to be in the playoffs
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #57
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
this game is fuckin hilarious
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #58

49ers killin the hottest team in the league
Old 12-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
49ers killin the hottest team in the league
-still a close game, 38-31. This QB Kaepernick is surprisingly good. -strong arm, can run. Brady and the offense are making a run at a comeback. Come on Patriots!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #60
Mod.

sigh too bad brady couldn't pull it off. terrible game for him with all the turnovers. gonna be a great playoffs this year
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #61
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Does this thread give a yay or nay to the falcons?
I personally think they can go far, especially after watching them against the Giants.
theevilslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #62
Mod.

i like the falcons lol
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #63

Nope..falcons are bigtime playoff chokers. The won most of their games by a touchdown. Matt ryan suuucks..he doesnt have that "killer instinct" that elite quarterbacks have. They have a weak division too
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #64

Baltimore sucks, Atlanta sucks.

teams to watch in the playoffs will be New England, 49ers, Denver and Seahawks who might be the cinderella team
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Baltimore sucks, Atlanta sucks.

teams to watch in the playoffs will be New England, 49ers, Denver and Seahawks who might be the cinderella team
Houston and green bay too. giants will probably sneak into the playoffs
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #66
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
That MNF Jets/Titans game was ugly but still fun to watch
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #67

Post game thoughts from the Jets/Titans game:

Coaching change: Is Rex Ryan fired from the coaching job with the Jets? I question his decision to keep starting Sanchez. The Sanchise has not been consisten all season. The Monday Night showed that Sanchez is a horrible QB. Five turnovers???

Tim Tebow's future: What's gonna happen to Tebow for next season? Will he be traded? Will he be the new no. 1 quarterback for the Jets? The Montreal Alouettes own Tebow's CFL rights. Could Tim be playing in the CFL?
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #68

It's tough because they only bring him in for goofball gimmick plays, so you don't really know if he can be a starter or not. Since they are out of the playoffs they should see how he does for whatever games remain (no idea how long the schedule is)

One thing is for sure, Sanchez is no good

BTW can someone explain why I knew who Tebow was before I started watching NFL? He was referred to a lot last year it seems, something about being an annoying religious person or something... Wiki tells me nothing
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #69

Quote:
It's tough because they only bring him in for goofball gimmick plays, so you don't really know if he can be a starter or not. Since they are out of the playoffs they should see how he does for whatever games remain (no idea how long the schedule is)

One thing is for sure, Sanchez is no good

BTW can someone explain why I knew who Tebow was before I started watching NFL? He was referred to a lot last year it seems, something about being an annoying religious person or something... Wiki tells me nothing
He was huge last year - He's really a RB playing at the QB position...He can't pass for shit, but he somehow kept winning games last year and, on numerous occasions, he'd win games on the final drive of the game. That was "Tebow Time." The team was 1-4 without him as the starter...When they switched to him, they eventually became AFC champs and even won their first playoff game against the Steelers - Again, this is a QB that can't pass for shit...
Yes, he is also religious. You'd often find him doing "The Tebow" - an act where he kneels down and prays...Became a huge thing last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Post game thoughts from the Jets/Titans game:

Coaching change: Is Rex Ryan fired from the coaching job with the Jets? I question his decision to keep starting Sanchez. The Sanchise has not been consisten all season. The Monday Night showed that Sanchez is a horrible QB. Five turnovers???

Tim Tebow's future: What's gonna happen to Tebow for next season? Will he be traded? Will he be the new no. 1 quarterback for the Jets? The Montreal Alouettes own Tebow's CFL rights. Could Tim be playing in the CFL?
If Rex Ryan is fired, then so is the Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, who has given Sanchez such a huge contract...Sanchez will remain in NY next season as nobody will trade for him and his stupid contract. He's owed $8.25 million in guaranteed money next season. Nobody will take him - Cutting him would be more likely, and that would bring on a $17.1 million cap hit....not gonna happen - they're stuck with him.

As for Tebow, he will likely request a trade and the Jets are reportedly planning to part ways with him after the season anyway. If they can't deal away Tebow, their 3rd-string QB that they've pretty much held hostage all season, they'll grant him his release.

"All you can ask for, all you want is a chance -- a chance to go out and play the game you love and help this team win football games," he said. "That's all I wanted. I tried to make the most of every opportunity I had. I would've loved to have had more."

Last edited by bballguy; 12-20-2012 at 09:56 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #70

Yeah man I thought he looked really big for a QB. I think other teams just have him figured out now.. the guy is never going to pass. The worst part of that game was when Sanchez actually had a nice drive going, then they completely interrupted it with Tebow who went out in 3.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #71

Quote:
Yeah man I thought he looked really big for a QB. I think other teams just have him figured out now.. the guy is never going to pass. The worst part of that game was when Sanchez actually had a nice drive going, then they completely interrupted it with Tebow who went out in 3.
Well, I don't think you can write him off so quickly either though....You have to play a different style of football when you are going with him and that requires a whole new system - something the Jets never bothered to work on.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #72
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hey I wouldn't mind having Tebow play for the BC Lions.. Heh
theevilslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #73

I don't see Tebow being successful at all in the CFL....CFL is a pass-heavy game compared to the NFL - with only 3 downs, I don't think he'd stand much of a chance....Moreover, their's no money in the CFL - he'd probably make more in the NFL being on the practice roster...
Old 12-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #74
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Say what you will about Tebow's skill as a passing QB and his super religious beliefs, but the guy has heart and leadership qualities and just finds ways to win despite lacking the traditional skills as a QB, BCS Champion, Heisman winner, all those 4th quarter comebacks last year, that OT win in the playoffs vs the Steelers, etc.. He even bulked up by adding 10-12lbs of muscle in the offseason to 250lbs when Sparano and Rex sold him on being a Jet and told him they would install special packages for him if he bulked up.

His future in the NFL as a starting QB is likely limited though, I can see maybe 1 or 2 teams willing take a gamble on him as a starter. If Tebow were willing to switch positions, I'd think he would make a really good fullback or TE
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #75

this game is crazy !! ! !@! @! @! ! @!@