REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:35 PM   #2551
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,986 Times in 1,897 Posts
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:33 AM   #2552
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
The division games this weekend as a group may be the best playoff football I've ever seen in my life.

I'm ok with the OT rules, even Josh Allen came out and said he doesn't have an issue with it and if it was the other way around they'd be celebrating.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:55 PM   #2553
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The division games this weekend as a group may be the best playoff football I've ever seen in my life.

I'm ok with the OT rules, even Josh Allen came out and said he doesn't have an issue with it and if it was the other way around they'd be celebrating.
I think it's more that he accepts the rules, not that he "doesn't have an issue" with them. His direct quotes before the "other way around" comment were

"The rules are what they are"
"So, it is what it is at this point"

In the playoffs, the game is won by the coin toss winner 90% of the time, and the game ends on the opening drive 70% of the time. This is not working. Chiefs and Ravens (edit: and Eagles) proposed new overtime rules, but other teams rejected them. Some other teams may have ideas as well now.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2022, 04:16 PM   #2554
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think it's more that he accepts the rules, not that he "doesn't have an issue" with them. His direct quotes before the "other way around" comment were

"The rules are what they are"
"So, it is what it is at this point"

In the playoffs, the game is won by the coin toss winner 90% of the time, and the game ends on the opening drive 70% of the time. This is not working. Chiefs and Ravens proposed new overtime rules, but other teams rejected it. Some other teams may have ideas as well now.
They could make them like College or CFL but I honestly like the rules as is, that said if they changed them it wouldn't bother me at all.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:23 PM   #2555

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
They could make them like College or CFL but I honestly like the rules as is, that said if they changed them it wouldn't bother me at all.
I know people hate this proposal, but I say take out extra points and give the other team a chance to score a TD if the first team scored on the first drive. If they do, either keep going until someone can't match it (which could be dangerously long) or make it sudden death where a FG can win it (which is still not 50/50 but more fair than one team literally not having a chance to score)

That is the Chiefs' proposal (they wanted to just base it on the opening coin toss as well) except taking away extra points is my idea (because leaving them in would give the coin toss loser a big advantage)

Here is the overtime proposed by the Ravens (and Eagles)

Quote:
The winner of the coin toss can choose one of two things. They can choose to start the ball on offense or defense or they can choose where to spot the ball to begin overtime.

For example, a team could choose to receive the ball, but then their opponent could choose to spot the ball at their own 1-yard line, making it necessary for the team on offense to drive the length of the field to score. Conversely, a team could choose to spot the ball on their own 15-yard line and that would force their opponent to make the difficult choice about whether they'd like to be on offense or defense.

This would create a true sudden-death format that would minimize the impact of the overtime coin toss. Why? Because the winning team wouldn't automatically benefit from winning the toss, as if they elect to receive, they could see the ball placed deep in their own territory. And if they elect to spot the ball, they would have to play on defense.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2022, 05:04 PM   #2556
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I think the overtime rules should be changed for the good of the game.

Chiefs win the coin toss at the start of OT. They scored against a top ranked but tired Bills defence.

What if the opposing team is given a chance to win in OT too by scoring in overtime?

Chiefs score a touchdown, and presumably score the extra point.

Then give the ball to the Bills.

If they also score a touchdown, and extra point, the OT gets extended. The team on the next possession that scores a field goal wins the game.

If the Bills do not score a touchdown in OT, then the Chiefs win the game.

Do not let overtime games be decided by sudden death by scoring a touchdown.

-sucks for Bills fans that a great QB in Allen had to stay on sidelines during OT because his team lost the coin toss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000% agree with this. OT rules in football are fucking stupid. I feel for Buffalo, was really rooting for them to finally make the conference finals. Mahomes and that team are crazy, you can't give them any chances, they score at will.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2022, 07:20 PM   #2557

Can't believe I agreed with Skinnypupp and Mikehmg ... . Here is another opinion ... from the winning coach of that OT game. Yes, you gotta look out for the integrity of the game, not just who won on that night. Hats off to Reid!

Even winning Chiefs' coach Reid questions NFL's overtime setup
https://www.tsn.ca/kansas-city-chief...ules-1.1750073

Even the winning coach, in this case Andy Reid, is questioning the NFL's overtime setup.

One day after Reid's Chiefs won the OT coin toss, then marched downfield for Travis Kelce's 8-yard touchdown reception to end an epic divisional round game with Buffalo, Reid recognized how fortunate Kansas City was.

“I had a chance to talk with Sean afterward,” Reid said of Bills coach Sean McDermott, “and that I'm sure is something they're going to look at again, too. And I wouldn't be opposed to it — it's a hard thing. It was great for us last night, but is it great for the game which is the most important thing we should all be looking out for? To make things equal, it probably needs to be able to hit both offenses, both defenses.”
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2022, 11:25 AM   #2558

OK ... here we go for this week, let's see if i can do better.

KC >Cincy
Rams > 49'ers

Gonna just stay with the favourites and not seeing an upset this week.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:36 PM   #2559
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Going with the same.

KC > Cincy
Rams > 49's

NFL would wet their pants with that result as well.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #2560

I'll pick at least one upset and go

Bengals > Chiefs 26-21 Trench battle rather than shootout, and McPhearless will be clutch
Rams > 49ers 28-19 Robbie Gould will be busy
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #2561

^ Bold pick there.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:04 PM   #2562

It's definitely a stupid pick but let's go!
Old 01-28-2022, 08:52 PM   #2563
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

It will be a rematch of SuperBowl LIV (2020)
Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers
Old 01-29-2022, 01:03 PM   #2564

There were rumours but I guess this makes it official. Hard to argue that he deserves the GOAT title.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2022, 01:23 PM   #2565
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
-have been a fan of TB12 for his time with the Pats. Happy retirement, Brady!

Hall of Fame career for a player who was drafted in the sixth round of the NFL draft back in 2000.

Who would have thought that Brady would win seven Superbowls, 6 with New England and one with the Bucs in his career?
Old 01-29-2022, 01:28 PM   #2566

I was one of those who got sick and tired of seeing TB and the Pats going to SB every other year, just wanting other teams to have a chance but there is just no way you can not respect what he has done ... no other QB comes close to 7 SB titles and I don't know how many appearances ... like 12. So hats off to a magnificent career, pretty clean cut, scandal free career (except the low psi inflated football and the spy thing which was more on Belichek) ... and a trophy wife to boot.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:50 PM   #2567

K, looks like there was a communications snafu .. or he's had a change of heart.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:28 PM   #2568

I am already sick of hearing "Will Tom Retire?"

Either he does or he doesn't, let him make the announcement himself when he's ready, and ignore it until then

I fully respect Tom Brady and his accomplishments, but either go or stay!

But nah, it'll be false reports and corrections every day for 6 months

Old 01-29-2022, 06:55 PM   #2569
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

KC vs 49ers. Finals

Rams look tough AF. I'm expecting an upset by the 49ers

Last edited by DavidNguyen; 01-30-2022 at 12:36 PM.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 02:21 PM   #2570

I'm speechless. Shocked!
Old 01-30-2022, 02:22 PM   #2571
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Bengals win! AFC champions are going to the Super Bowl!

What a win! Joe Burrow was clutch in the second half. He extended drives with good throws and running for first downs.

Chiefs offence was like a car that could not start in the second half.

They played awful in the second half.

Mahomey’s two interceptions in the second half killed the Chiefs’ chances to win the game.

Much of the credit for the win goes to the Bengals defence too. They sacked Mahomey quite a few times in the second half of the game.

Unbelievable!

Another exciting game that went to overtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-30-2022 at 03:25 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 03:12 PM   #2572

Gotta give kudos where it is due .. Skinnypupp made the bold call of Cincy upset over KC.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 04:03 PM   #2573

You want to talk about QBs choking... What we saw was an actual choke job by Mahomes, and one of epic proportions... Ever since that play at the end of the half, the whole team was out of it, but especially him. Never thought I'd see that happen, just crazy stuff.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #2574

Aaron Donald took over man.. I was focused on him on every snap, and he was contained in the first half, but in the second half he just started going nuts and nobody could stop him. No sacks, but pressure on every play, and then the forced interception at the end.

GOAT defensive player
Old 01-30-2022, 07:12 PM   #2575

Borrow getting Sacked 10 times next game