REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best eats in coquitlam? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673284-best-eats-coquitlam.html)

Engotski 09-03-2012 03:44 AM

Best eats in coquitlam?

Looking for new places to eat around east or west coquitlam. Any small gem restos, whatever kind of food, im down to try anything. Or you can post your fav spot, maybe I havnt been

murd0c 09-03-2012 09:14 AM

My favorite in Coquitlam is Wah Wing, being going there for years and the food is great.

cdizzle 09-03-2012 04:25 PM

Osamu Sushi is expensive, but sushi's pretty good.

Engotski 09-03-2012 04:46 PM

Yah been to those places. Theyre as u guys described.

Any small taiwanese cafes??

Groot 09-03-2012 06:23 PM

Mega Sushi is pretty good imo

fuhkyu 09-03-2012 06:43 PM

lazy den on st johns is pretty good imo. just bbt and small snack food, one of my fav milk teas in vancouver

James Bond 09-04-2012 12:33 AM

Poco Ocean Restaurant. A whole in the wall Chinese restaurant that makes home styled Chinese food. You won't like it if you go to Hon's or any of those bs Chinese-Canadian restaurants. Rumor has it the chef used to be the chef at the governor's house in HK.

Engotski 09-04-2012 06:06 AM

Mega was pretty good, went there for the first time a few days ago. Awesome sushi.

I used to go to lazy den quite often before it was called that, way back in mid 2000s. Havnt been in years tho so probably will check it out.

Will def try poco ocean!

murd0c 09-04-2012 07:07 AM

I've heard really good reviews about Wilbur & Sabastian's Smokehouse & Bistro in Poco

Port Coquitlam sweet spot offers BBQ delights from pulled pork to pastry

Home Page

highres604 09-04-2012 09:00 AM

the best chinese food in all of port coquitlam/coquitlam is Deer garden on Pinetree way.

OTG-ZR2 09-04-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Bond (Post 8020049)
A whole in the wall Chinese restaurant

:haha:

G 09-04-2012 09:17 AM

Matoi sushi and Chada Thai are both pretty good.

Engotski 09-04-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highres604 (Post 8020195)
the best chinese food in all of port coquitlam/coquitlam is Deer garden on Pinetree way.

Ehh its so-so for me

Ooo! Going to hit that smokehouse bistro soon. Always looking for good bbq. Went to college down south (Florida) and can never find bbq up here that compares to southern bbq

Chada thai is good, a little over priced tho but good.

miss_crayon 09-04-2012 01:05 PM

Chada Thai is good for thai food. Sang Thai you can skip..terrible place.

AND the winner....

SUSHI KAMIZATO!!!! Small little Japanese resto run by a Japanese husband and wife. Super fresh everyday and everything is made IN HOUSE (except the soy). Price is a little pricier than most sushi places but you're paying for quality here.

Let him know you heard about them from Maggie and Michael and he'll hook you up.

2850 Shaughnessy Street (Located next to the old Canadian Tire in Poco!)
Suite 2105
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6K5
(604) 474-0022

Engotski 09-04-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8020376)

AND the winner....

SUSHI KAMIZATO!!!! Small little Japanese resto run by a Japanese husband and wife. Super fresh everyday and everything is made IN HOUSE (except the soy). Price is a little pricier than most sushi places but you're paying for quality here.

Let him know you heard about them from Maggie and Michael and he'll hook you up.

Suite 2105
(604) 474-0022

I read about this somewhere. I heard the owner used to be a top chef in dt but left to start his own resto. True??? But yes this place is on my bucket list. Thanks for the hook up! :)

mlworks 09-04-2012 04:08 PM

+1 to Poco Place (veeeery tasty chinese food but a little bit on the expensive side) and also Matoi Sushi.

I would recommend Fuji Sushi too, its on St. Johns, should be opening up real soon.

miss_crayon 09-04-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engotski (Post 8020418)
I read about this somewhere. I heard the owner used to be a top chef in dt but left to start his own resto. True??? But yes this place is on my bucket list. Thanks for the hook up! :)

His friend posted a review of it up RS and since mr crayon lives in poco we decided to check it out one night. He use to work as the head sushi chef at Zen sushi in West Van and then decided to open up his own place. I didn't know him before posting my reviews so it was non-biased. However, since we go there so often (1-2 times a week for the past 2 months) we are friends with him now.

Hope you love it! Everything he serves is grade A quality as he inspects all his ingredients before purchase. He also doesn't serve atlantic salmon due to the intense farming and will only serve wild sockeye. ..I could go on...LOL

08civicsi_coupe 09-04-2012 09:04 PM

try rosas its and italian place in port moody on the lower road that runs parralell to st johns and is the best italian place in vancouver hands down

Engotski 09-04-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08civicsi_coupe (Post 8020785)
try rosas its and italian place in port moody on the lower road that runs parralell to st johns and is the best italian place in vancouver hands down

YUP that place is the bomb...mmmm damn gota go there soon

VR6GTI 09-05-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08civicsi_coupe (Post 8020785)

been many of times, food is pretty good and service is complete shit.

OTG-ZR2 09-05-2012 09:21 AM

Fuji Sushi, when they were at Burquitlam Plaza, was good. Interesting to see if its the same people working there since they moved for the Evergreen line project.

murd0c 09-05-2012 09:41 AM

I'm going to check out the sushi place for lunch today. Will report back lol

murd0c 09-05-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8020376)

AND the winner....

Suite 2105
(604) 474-0022

I just got back and WOW I'm beyond impressed. I honestly don't remember the last time I used real chopsticks outside of my house.

Quality was top notch and even tho it was pricey it's well worth it.

One of my co-workers had the Beef don and they use actual steak and not the shredded beef that 95% of the places use. I had Unagi roll, spicy tuna roll and a kappa roll with Tuna and Unagi nigiri and it was great. They actually make their Unigi correctly witht he buatane torch to get that nice crispyness on the outside.

Gave me a number of free samples as well including this Tuna tataki with a nice sauce to pour over it. Bill for two came to $40.00 but it's worth it no questions asked!!

Not bad for free

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2...2090500217.jpg

miss_crayon 09-05-2012 02:36 PM

^Try their Aburi Saba next time. BEST you will ever have. Also, their beef udon is to DIE for. Beef steak cooked to a perfect medium rare and the udon has a nice al dente texture. MMMM!

Their shiromi is really good too, has a similar taste to halibut but texture is out of this world. I can't even describe it..except...kinda reminds me of a jello texture.

You'll even see our photo on the back wall!!

murd0c 09-05-2012 02:40 PM

Have you tried the Unagi Udon yet? I'm really wondering how that is.