REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #51
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
the only thing we'll suffer in is the Olympics.
If Quebec splits, we might lose a portion of Canada's best athletes. Lol
Advertisement
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #52
10psi aint enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Next time you hear him bitch,tell this idiot that if he does not like how vancouver is,he can leave and go back to Montreal where he belongs,nobody is forcing him to stay.

If you really want to piss him off,tell him the offical languages for Vancouver is english & cantonese/mandarin,people here refuse to speak french here cause it's useless.He will go ape shit,I know,I've done it to a few ignorant french canadians already....fun times.
Hahah... Yah I agree with you bud. I didnt mention but the neighbor is a she. When she and her husband moved in, years ago, they thought it was a good idea to party every other weeknd until the wee hours. Once from 9pm-1am saturday/sunday morning in their backyard, loud bass music, bonfire, and booze with lots of friends and when we asked her to quiet down, her response was "I own this property I can do whatever I want!'
Seriously wtf? Have some respect for other ppls privacy and some ppl have to work on sundays. Besides what kinda example are you setting for yourself as a new neighbor on the block?
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #53
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Some ignorant french people expect all english speaking Canadians to speak french to cater to them,yet even though they know how to speak english,they refuse to speak it to anyone that speaks english to them.

I really hope quebec splits,the rest of Canada is better off without these winey crybabies.
Within Montreal, you're not going to get a lot of this, probably more as you move out east and in the rural regions. I haven't encountered too much of this, the worst is that they will just continue speaking in French and I'll attempt with some broken Francais and English mixed in. Being Asian, most end up just speaking to me in English anyhow.

It's been pretty heated over here and we're all waiting to see what happens from the fallout of the elections. I don't think a referendum will occur, only a small percentage, ~25%, would even entertain separating.

A lot of this kind of hatred towards anglophones, are due to the education system and the how insular this province is. Many immigrants and Francophones are forced to send their children to French-only schools. Yet, most of the PQ politician's children attend private schools, ensuring that their own children learn English and have opportunities that, the Quebecois that they so call represent, won't get. This keeps them trapped in a cultural bubble and they get dominated by PQ offspring and the elite, which in turn, interpret the rest of Canada and the world for them.

They also have the worst attendance of post-secondary education of all provinces, yet the lowest tuition costs. It's like they want the province to remain isolated from...knowledge.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #54
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Oh, all the more reason to let them separate.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #55
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Just be glad he even spoke english

Should of kept yelling back in chinese then bust out some english in the end
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote