REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #26
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
I'm not interested in your pro-bestiality opinion in that other thread either, but I didn't take the time to derail and comment on it. I'd ask that you show me the same courtesy.
No where in that thread did I say I was pro bestiality. One who is rude to others during debate has no grounds to ask for courtesy. You attack every time you feel threatened, not a good trait for a respectful discussion.
Advertisement
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
In regards for those who are pro GMO..

Take an organic fruit vs the same but GMO'd have someone shuffle it and give it to you, then take a bite of each and see which one tastes better..

And another thing I've noticed about GMO foods is that I need to eat more to be more energetic, meanwhile I can eat way less organic and energy is through the roof

..and I'd rather eat real meat than one being pumped with hormones and fed sawdust

Experiment yourself and see for yourself
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #28
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
No where in that thread did I say I was pro bestiality. One who is rude to others during debate has no grounds to ask for courtesy. You attack every time you feel threatened, not a good trait for a respectful discussion.
If you have an issue with the way someone with the name 'Bastard' in his username conducts himself on the internet, I suggest you

1) Toughen up. You have to deal with all personality types in the real world and if you have this strong a reaction to someone on the internet, you're sadly under-prepared for what the real world is going to throw at you. Seriously? You stopped reading after me telling someone else that I thought the source of their opinion was invalid? Wow.......

2) Ignore what I have to say if you disagree with it, as I (and many, many others) do on this forum. I'm not insecure enough to have to call everyone out who I disagree with. Not everyone needs to know what I think about everything all of the time (nor would they want to)

3) Start a thread in Fight Club. Vancouver Off-Topic isn't the place for this kind of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
Take an organic fruit vs the same but GMO'd have someone shuffle it and give it to you, then take a bite of each and see which one tastes better..
I agree, but I'd rather see people in desperate need of food have adequate amounts of bland tasting GM food instead of none at all. Besides, I'm given to understand that GM crops are engineered to provide nutrients that people in certain areas of the world may not be able to get on their own. That, in itself, is a heavy benefit to providing GM crops to people.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Edited - no longer relevant

Last edited by Redlines_Daily; 09-25-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
In regards for those who are pro GMO..

Experiment yourself and see for yourself

Quote:
And another thing I've noticed about GMO foods is that I need to eat more to be more energetic, meanwhile I can eat way less organic and energy is through the roof
It's all in your head. (like the lady who ate the banana in the video above)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #31
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Penn & Teller: Bullshit - Organic Taste Test - YouTube

It's all in your head. (like the lady who ate the banana in the video above)
ok sure, buying gmo vs my grandparent's farm..

hmmmmmmmmm

i'm pretty sure there is a big difference, you can do what you like
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
If you have an issue with the way someone with the name 'Bastard' in his username conducts himself on the internet, I suggest you

I agree, but I'd rather see people in desperate need of food have adequate amounts of bland tasting GM food instead of none at all. Besides, I'm given to understand that GM crops are engineered to provide nutrients that people in certain areas of the world may not be able to get on their own. That, in itself, is a heavy benefit to providing GM crops to people.
True, but Mon Santo only does that for extra profit

"Control the food system and you control the world"

I can share the secrets, but i don't like to rant or give much attention to these things anymore, sometimes it's some fun participating in these discussions
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #34
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
ok sure, buying gmo vs my grandparent's farm..

hmmmmmmmmm

i'm pretty sure there is a big difference, you can do what you like
Yup I can, and so will you. But I won't go around telling other people that one is better than the other
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #35

i would

i suppose you haven't watched food inc?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
No tumors here, since there's nothing in my food to cause them.

As I stated previously (and you have ignored), where is the research showing the breakdown of all compounds in GMO's that lists the differences between them and non-GMO foods? If GMO's cause cancer then which compound is responsible? In all the time that has elapsed from the previous thread you haven't been able to come up with anything?

As usual, you have no science or hard evidence to back your claims. Just a bunch of pseudo-science passed off as fact.
Posted via RS Mobile
You're telling me you would eat this GMO food that is causing mice tumors because no one can prove what "compounds" are the culprits.

Natural selection fails you with such ignorance.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
^ No, I'll eat it because testing done so far hasn't found any levels of dangerous compounds. Which is why I keep asking you to show me studies to refute those tests, and you haven't been able to.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #38
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I gotta farm and garden back home in Europe at our family properties, a vegetable garden where my grandma grows all types of fresh veggies, and I got a bunch of fruit trees on the property, apple trees, cherry, plum, pear.... We used to have cows, horses, goats, rabbits.... but now they just keep chickens since they're low maintenance.... so I'm there yearly visiting family eating the best food in the world, fresh eggs, meat, fruit veggies, etc....
But I shed a tear every time I'm back home here, and I have to eat food I bought locally from a store, organic or not just knowing it's been "through the system"

There's a reason that North Americans are the unhealthiest humans on the planet, it's pretty simple. I'm at least glad to be Canadian where we got some lines we won't cross, as opposed to America where you're literally at the mercy of giant corporations.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
No, I'll eat it because testing done so far hasn't found any levels of dangerous compounds. Which is why I keep asking you to show me studies to refute those tests, and you haven't been able to.
Posted via RS Mobile

Despite the fact that I'll probably go to my grave believing that Monsanto is an example of what corporate greed can become, I do believe that the research that they utilized to create their own strains were tested and vetted to be safe. GM crops have a good foundation, but I wouldn't trust something from Monsanto.

Oh, and for the record. No more thread derails. Redlines_Daily and I talked it out like gentlemen. Also, I mis-understood his stance on bestiality. For that, I apologize.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #40
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I thought this article was interesting:

"U.S. farmers are using more hazardous pesticides to fight weeds and insects due largely to heavy adoption of genetically modified crop technologies that are sparking a rise of "superweeds" and hard-to-kill insects, according to a newly released study."

Pesticide use ramping up as GMO crop technology backfires: study | Reuters

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote