REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:14 AM   #18151
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
looks like the owner took advantage of the hedges to build that fence. Most likely the land on the west have been allocated by the City for road dedication, or there is some sort of statutory right of way for underground utilities.

I guess the neighbours or bylaw officers don't about the overgrown hedge or illegal structure (fence).

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/250...4d-123.0542748
Wow cool, I didn't know you can go back and see the history of street view.

Here's the pic of what the old property looked like back in 2009

https://goo.gl/maps/nYXCs3MmLdedoeBR6
Advertisement

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 08:52 AM   #18152
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Even the multi-family market is awfully eye-watering these days. I'm not sure where the ceiling is going to be for strata.

A strata-titled, duplex-style townhouse in the Tri-Cities, MLS R2561206, sold for $1.46M.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #18153
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
The realtors don't know shit. if the title states there is road dedication for the City, you need to first talk with the City and figure out if the approving officer will actually grant the release of the covenant. Then you have to pay to have the survey done, followed by all the paperwork and notary involved to have the land released back to your name at the LTO.

All in all, you're looking at 25k + in cost and a ton of waiting.
Ha yea I'm sure it also wasn't as simple as hey pay this $10k for us to even consider. Doesn't matter though in the years my parents owned it we had no interest in buying it back and at the time of sale recently there was also zero incentive to do so as well. Next owners problem if they want to go through with it.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:55 AM   #18154
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Ha yea I'm sure it also wasn't as simple as hey pay this $10k for us to even consider. Doesn't matter though in the years my parents owned it we had no interest in buying it back and at the time of sale recently there was also zero incentive to do so as well. Next owners problem if they want to go through with it.
Just do what china does, like with the "south china sea" and claim it as yours

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #18155
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
This is going to be an interesting watch:

https://ruthanddavid.com/vancouver/e...reet-R2564787/

I love this house and always wondered what it looks like inside and turns out it’s beautiful lol..I believe the owner is also the builder. This place is 2 blocks from mine so I walk by all the time. Immaculate landscaping year round etc.
what do you guys think about this $3M passive house using solar energy. Great mountain views and directly across a park.

https://www.rew.ca/properties/317669...ancouver%2C+BC
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #18156
Need to Seek Professional Help

expensive!! for 3M i'd rather get a 50 ft house and what's the actual benefit for having solar power in Vancouver when it rains most of the time?
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #18157
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Are solar panels even viable in Vancouver where it's cloudy/raining for 75% of the year?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #18158
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
The one Hondaracer posted is much better, and I don’t like the exterior design of the one you posted.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:05 AM   #18159

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
That's a pretty fugly passive house.

Like wtf is that?! The whole build is full of low-end/quality material. Ironic how it is a passive house but the entire fence is wrapped around in concrete.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #18160
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,327 Times in 5,643 Posts
Yea like look at the one I posted and what you get for the same price

Passive houses are a joke man ducking CoV..you spend so much to build a house like that you’ve gotta ask rediculous prices because of all the energy efficiency built in etc.

Like for 3 mill you get a ducking baseboard heater mounted on a bulk head? Lol
Old 04-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #18161
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:

Like wtf is that?! The whole build is full of low-end/quality material. Ironic how it is a passive house but the entire fence is wrapped around in concrete.
That must be the bathroom in the laneway...

My guess is the builder wanted to build something unique and sell it for top dollar. Whereas the one on Cambridge, you can see it was built with attention to detail and definitely looks like something a builder would build to live in him/herself!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 11:34 AM   #18162
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

that's the laneway house bathroom...most laneway houses i think are built with baseboard heating
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #18163

Im not pointing at the use of a baseboard, but the shear randomness when it comes to materiality. For 3 million dollars, this is just bottom barrel quality.

Laneway or not, that's a pretty shitty location for a baseboard heater
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #18164
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
helps to warm up the toliet seat without spending more money for a bidet
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #18165
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

My guess is the builder wanted to build something unique and sell it for top dollar. Whereas the one on Cambridge, you can see it was built with attention to detail and definitely looks like something a builder would build to live in him/herself!
This is actually my mom's neighbors house and as far as I know it's owned by a dentist and not a builder.
stylez2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:36 PM   #18166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

My guess is that the Dentist wanted to be trendy and stand out from the neighbourhood with his passive house. Then probably got shocked by how much it actually costs to hire a professional builder with passive house experience and decides to go with a el cheapo Asian 'custom' builder.

The interior finishing is a clear sign it is a chinese or e.i designer/builder.

Last edited by bcedhk; 04-14-2021 at 02:56 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 02:07 PM   #18167
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
what do you guys think about this $3M passive house using solar energy. Great mountain views and directly across a park.

https://www.rew.ca/properties/317669...ancouver%2C+BC
That house kinda sucks but I do like passive houses in general and was hoping my budget would allow for one (Narrator: It did not). They cost just a bit more to build but you do get to build a slightly bigger house (I think it was about 200sf more of useable space on a standard lot). They're more comfortable b/c of the additional insulation and a lot quieter. A friend of mine had one built in North Van and is quite happy with it. Some compromises do exist - you can't run a regular dryer or a regular exhaust fan and in most cases you can't have a gas range (since you're not exhausting to the outside).

I'm big fan of this one on E.37th: E.37th Passive House ? Lanefab Design/Build
Old 04-14-2021, 02:10 PM   #18168
Rs has made me the man i am today!

The dentist's father in law built that house, as far as I know he's not a certified passive builder.
If you want to see what a typical Chinese builder/hacker that builds so call custom and "passive" homes, this one is a great example.
The house is probably occupied for not more than 2 years and if the father in law built it for you and you're selling it so soon I can't imagine the reasons behind it.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #18169

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/v...ord-bc-3631760

Quote:
Although the province's newest millionaire says she hasn't done much more besides enjoying going for walks and keeping busy around the house, Chen has plans to use her winnings to purchase a new home.
Someone let this lady know that a million dollars isn't gonna get a her a nice home no more. Maybe in Abbotsford though (where she lives).
Old 04-14-2021, 02:43 PM   #18170

I'm just being a hater, but....

It's so odd to have 2 L-section couches almost side by side. At first I thought it was a mirrored image lol... does the dentist offer his place for bangbros to film on the side?

This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 02:47 PM   #18171
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
lol, looks like a Leon's Furniture showroom.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 04:41 PM   #18172
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/v...ord-bc-3631760

Someone let this lady know that a million dollars isn't gonna get a her a nice home no more. Maybe in Abbotsford though (where she lives).
Not everyone is buying houses you rich boi, 1mil gets you a ballin condo, also known as a home

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #18173

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
looks like the owner took advantage of the hedges to build that fence. Most likely the land on the west have been allocated by the City for road dedication, or there is some sort of statutory right of way for underground utilities.

I guess the neighbours or bylaw officers don't about the overgrown hedge or illegal structure (fence).

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/250...4d-123.0542748
Enclosing it off like that. The house is one phone call complaint away from asking them to remove the hedges and fence.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:54 PM   #18174
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,327 Times in 5,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Enclosing it off like that. The house is one phone call complaint away from asking them to remove the hedges and fence.
Almost every corner house around here has done somthing similar. Some people have built garden plots that touch the sidewalk.

I doubt anyone is gonna force them to remove perfectly manicured hedges
Old 04-14-2021, 05:04 PM   #18175
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
jelly of corner house laneways
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote