REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #1901
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
I remember you posting in 2013 with your high and mighty attitude that in the new year you were off to some powerful city with a well established economy. That you would leave the city of Vancouver, based mainly of menial service sector positions. Simply because you posses the magical power of... "mobility"

Yet, here we are, Feb 2014. Almost 2 months into the new year, and you are still in Vancouver. Still preaching about how you can easily pick up and leave to a better economy because of your "mobility."

So what the fuck are you waiting for? Someone to hold your hand?

Unless you have already left. Then why are you still posting in a Vancouver real estate thread, expressing your opinions... like you still live in Vancouver.
And it was the same guy talking about buying a BMW i8 to flip? What's the story with this guy?
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #1902
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

V1031118, 6534 UNION ST, Burnaby, British Columbia $ V5B1W8

At $541/sqft, I would've at expected the owners at least clean up the kitchen before taking pictures for RE listing. Yuck.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #1903
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
^

My cousin just took possession of her house last week, they started some reno's before moving in. I guess there was a hole in one of the walls upstairs, he was renovating the bathroom below and when he ripped apart the ceiling it was raining used needles and condoms..........apparently the guy who owned it before them had a couple whore drug addicted daughters and used the hole in the wall like a garbage chute. Now that is fucking nasty!!

I should probably add both her and her husband moved here because the job opportunities were so much better then where they came from since this shitty Vancouver economy seems to be one of the main points of this thread. To be fair it did take one of them a long time to find a job but when they did it was much better then what they had elsewhere.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #1904

Thanked 3,045 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post

At $541/sqft, I would've at expected the owners at least clean up the kitchen before taking pictures for RE listing. Yuck.
I just don't understand how people expect to sell for max $$$ when they take shitty pictures of messy areas.

When I put my place up for sale, I cleaned everything up before taking good pictures that represented what was for sale. It was a pain to live there, tidying up constantly in case of a showing, so it was a relief once I sold it. Then I could live normally up until packing/moving day.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #1905

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I just don't understand how people expect to sell for max $$$ when they take shitty pictures of messy areas.

When I put my place up for sale, I cleaned everything up before taking good pictures that represented what was for sale. It was a pain to live there, tidying up constantly in case of a showing, so it was a relief once I sold it. Then I could live normally up until packing/moving day.
Same, I put half my stuff in storage to stage the house when I sold it and it didn't take long. I would do the same if I ever move out of the house I live in now.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #1906
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
RE agents will call this "staging"

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #1907
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
Quick stupid question RE: RRSP Withdrawal for First-Time Home Buyers.

When you are re-paying to the RRSP the amount withdrawn for first-time home buyers, are those repayments still tax-deductible/deferred from each years' income taxes?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 02-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #1908
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Quick stupid question RE: RRSP Withdrawal for First-Time Home Buyers.

When you are re-paying to the RRSP the amount withdrawn for first-time home buyers, are those repayments still tax-deductible/deferred from each years' income taxes?
That wouldn't make sense right? Since when you intiially contributed, you gained the credit to reduce your taxable income. It looks like all you do is simply contribute the min 1/15th amount back into the rrsp (for that year) and for income tax purposes, you designate the amount "as repayment under HBP"
Here's what I got from the site,

Quote:
"An amount designated as a repayment cannot be claimed as a deduction on your income tax and benefit return."
When and how much is your repayment

Quote:
"To designate your repayment, complete lines 245 and 246 of Schedule 7, RRSP and PRPP Unused Contributions, Transfers, and HBP or LLP Activities and file it with your income tax and benefit return. You have to do this even if you would not otherwise have to file an income tax and benefit return for the year."
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #1909
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
right yeah, makes sense just never thought of it.
Posted via RS Mobile
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #1910
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

LOL here is some stories.

I went to see this unit around Lougheed mall area. 27th floor 600sq selling about 20% below market price. I arrange an appoitment at 12pm. Arrive there and waited with the agent in the lobby till around 12:15pm because the unit is rent out. The agent already told the teneate about the appoitment yet the tenate is still up stairs. I was about to leave when the tenate came to the lobby with a dog and a hamster.......

Anyways went into the suite. The small is worse than the bum in DTES! There are 4 bags of garbage laying in the kitchen, the stove and the area around it have grease all over like it haven't been clean for years. There is stain everywhere on the hard wood floor with pee smell (I am assuming is form the dog peeing.....). There are clothes everywhere, and the I don't think the toliet was ever wash or clean (It smell worse than the washroom in some of the Chinese restaurant). The curtains is ripped apart.... and worse of all there are used tapoms on the kitchen table. I can tell you that this is not a place for normal people to live. Yet here we have 2 international students living there (sorry to say from they are form China). Even the agent feels bad. Pretty much if I purchase the unit I have to spend at least 30k to clean it up (need new hard wood floor, repaint the place, new applience and professional cleaners to get rib of the smell).

2nd place again International student tenate (again form China). This place is better at least there is no dog smell. Again garbage everywhere, the stove looks like shit (there are chinks of black stuff stick to it). She also have a dog and it chew a lot of walls off you could see there are stains on the hard wood floor OH Did I mention I saw a ton of dead flies laying around everywhere....... Yuck. But hey at least she let us have tour of the apartment on time.

3rd unit. owner lived in it himself. Super nice and clean, unit is keep in good condition everything looks new.

Moral of the story some tenate just don't care. If I ever rent my apartment out no international students from China. Sorry if I am bias but from what I seen and experience they don't really tend to keep their living space tidy.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 02-11-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #1911
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Moral of the story some tenate just don't care. If I ever rent my apartment out no international students from China. Sorry if I am bias but from what I seen and experience they don't really tend to keep their living space tidy.
This is just a general observation, but I think a lot of these China students never lived away from home and do not know what it means to clean up after themselves. They have no ties to Canada and lack the understanding of consequences or don't care.
Increasingly, they are coming here and getting pets. Dogs or cats. And after their 4 - 5 years of schooling is done, they give these pets to the neighborhood animal rescues.
Some students even go as far as moving out without giving proper notice. So what if they lose their damage deposit. To them it is nothing compared to actually cleaning up the place or repairing any damages.
Where I live, the demographics have changed from mostly Korean students to mostly China students. We see them parking illegally in visitor's parking every day as if that one spot was their personal parking spot or double parked in fire lanes for extended periods of time.

But of course, we always tend to remember the bad things over everything else so maybe it is a small number of bad apples that ruin it for everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #1912
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
Quote:

A few years back this would have been a straight tear down.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #1913
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:

I went to see this unit around Lougheed mall area. 27th floor 600sq selling about 20% below market price. I arrange an appoitment at 12pm. Arrive there and waited with the agent in the lobby till around 12:15pm because the unit is rent out. The agent already told the teneate about the appoitment yet the tenate is still up stairs. I was about to leave when the tenate came to the lobby with a dog and a hamster.......

Anyways went into the suite. The small is worse than the bum in DTES! There are 4 bags of garbage laying in the kitchen, the stove and the area around it have grease all over like it haven't been clean for years. There is stain everywhere on the hard wood floor with pee smell (I am assuming is form the dog peeing.....). There are clothes everywhere, and the I don't think the toliet was ever wash or clean (It smell worse than the washroom in some of the Chinese restaurant). The curtains is ripped apart.... and worse of all there are used tapoms on the kitchen table. I can tell you that this is not a place for normal people to live. Yet here we have 2 international students living there (sorry to say from they are form China). Even the agent feels bad. Pretty much if I purchase the unit I have to spend at least 30k to clean it up (need new hard wood floor, repaint the place, new applience and professional cleaners to get rib of the smell).

2nd place again International student tenate (again form China). This place is better at least there is no dog smell. Again garbage everywhere, the stove looks like shit (there are chinks of black stuff stick to it). She also have a dog and it chew a lot of walls off you could see there are stains on the hard wood floor OH Did I mention I saw a ton of dead flies laying around everywhere....... Yuck. But hey at least she let us have tour of the apartment on time.

3rd unit. owner lived in it himself. Super nice and clean, unit is keep in good condition everything looks new.

Silhouette ?
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #1914

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:

They are late to the party. No one would spend $1mil on that shack and live in it. That lot is only 5,650 sq ft. No one in their right mind would pay $1mil for a lot that size either. Biggest house you can build on it is 3,390 sq ft... At an average of $150/sq ft it would cost someone $508,500 to build a new home, making the total investment around $1.5mil. And when it comes time to sell they would be lucky to see $1.3mil for it.

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #1915
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,438 Posts
Quote:

I don't kink it would cost anything close to 30K to fix. I had a rental unit with a bunch of Indians. I believe 6 at one point and they left it in terrible condition. Cost less than 5k to fix including a new carpet and a referb stove.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #1916

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
B.C. property market hazy after 'millionaire visa' scrapped - British Columbia - CBC News

Thoughts?
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #1917

The beginning of the end for high-end market is my guess. Who is going to absorb all that $3+ million mansions in Vancouver West/West Vancouver now?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #1918
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Digging into this further - it seems that Quebec has a separate investor program and today's decision does not affect the program. Essentially, foreigners lends Quebec money and moves to another province (say BC or ON) later on. All the while other provinces take the brunt of the cost of servicing these "investors" while Quebec reaps the profit of interest free loan to boost business.

Millionaire immigrants invest in Quebec ? and then move on - Politics - CBC News
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypediss View Post
Digging into this further - it seems that Quebec has a separate investor program and today's decision has not effect on the program at all. Essentially, foreigners lends Quebec money and moves to another province (say BC or ON) later on.

Millionaire immigrants invest in Quebec ? and then move on - Politics - CBC News
except the Feds are cracking down on this practice as well. you might not get citizenship if you don't stay in your province of destination. i've personally heard stories where people didn't get their citizenship because they were supposed to be in Quebec but stayed in BC the whole time.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #1920
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Quote:
except the Feds are cracking down on this practice as well. you might not get citizenship if you don't stay in your province of destination. i've personally heard stories where people didn't get their citizenship because they were supposed to be in Quebec but stayed in BC the whole time.
i could only hope..
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #1921
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
Quote:
I would be rather skeptical of the legality in doing that. The freedom of movement is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Canadian Charter of Rights. If the immigrants were to take the government to court over this, I doubt the court would side with the government.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #1922

Is Vancouver ready for 52,000 more wealthy new immigrants? (UPDATE!) | Vancouver Sun

I guess we got the answer to that question rather quick. LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #1923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I would be rather skeptical of the legality in doing that. The freedom of movement is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Canadian Charter of Rights. If the immigrants were to take the government to court over this, I doubt the court would side with the government.
Yea i hear you on the legality of this. and frankly i haven't done enough dd on this. but the quebec investor immigrants signed on the dotted line that they promise they will stay in quebec when the landed here. some people didn't even make any effort try to stay in quebec at all. their plane ticket's final destinaation was Vancouver not Montreal.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #1924
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
how would they check though? They could easily say they are traveling to other parts of the country, visiting friends, relatives........
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #1925

Quote:
how would they check though? They could easily say they are traveling to other parts of the country, visiting friends, relatives........
utility/hydro bills come to mind.