REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:47 PM   #5876
My homepage has been set to RS

Yah. Vancouver, for new builds you are looking at at least $750 or more per sq ft. depending on the area. For older buildings (10-20 years old), you can find some stock that is about $500 per sq. ft.
Advertisement
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:54 PM   #5877
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts
There are a number of 1br's in Fraserview in the $500/sqft range. Of the 3 units I've seen though, they all needed some work, and the building itself is definitely starting to show its age.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #5878
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Concrete all the way for me. Make it hard and thick.
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
at $450-500/sqft, those are nowhere near being the "same" as Vancouver prices buddy lol

by that i mean if you double that $/sqft, then you'll be the Vancouver range
been out of RE hunt last little bit but horry shit, it's bonkers right now if that's the case.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #5879
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

so would it be wiser to get a condo in new west/burnaby/coquitlam rather than vancouver? or do you think there will be a rise in condo prices in vancouver worth investing?
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:18 PM   #5880
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
By investing do you mean, buying, renting out or flipping for more money in the future?
Or do you mean what most people say when they talk about investing in real estate which is buy high, live in it, pay tons of taxes and maintenance and tell everyone your theoretical increase in net worth while actually making no tangible gains because whatever place you live in next went up just as much or more?
Get your crystal ball out, because its about as good as anyone else's in this thread.
My opinion is that its so fucking far past inflated it can't possibly climb without having a correction soon in some financial form, but I've been wrong about that before, and I will be again. Eventually I'll be right about it though.....this time is more likely than ever before.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #5881
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
so would it be wiser to get a condo in new west/burnaby/coquitlam rather than vancouver? or do you think there will be a rise in condo prices in vancouver worth investing?
What are your objectives? Do you want to get in because you hope to upgrade to a larger home at some point in the future? Or do you want to make a quick buck by living in it for a year and then flipping it?

The old rule is if you have at least 20% down and plan to live in it for at least 5 years, you can weather any short-term declines in the market.

From a resale perspective, location is crucial. If you want to buy in the suburbs, make sure it's within a 5-10 minute walk from a Skytrain station.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #5882
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
My opinion is that its so fucking far past inflated it can't possibly climb without having a correction soon in some financial form, but I've been wrong about that before, and I will be again. Eventually I'll be right about it though.....this time is more likely than ever before.
You might be right but honestly (and to your point) I'd heard the same thing said 10 years ago... by people who cashed out and now can't afford to get back into a similar property. Things obviously weren't as crazy then as they are now, but people still had the same mindset that the market would surely come down. They pulled the trigger to sit on or reinvest their cash and now wish they hadn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #5883
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
u guys do know, if you're just trying to invest/flip stuff, there's easier, more liquid markets than real estate... lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 11:25 PM   #5884
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Things are just getting absurd. Last year this house wouldn't even fetch $600,000 now they're trying to sell for $925,000.

11264 90 Avenue, Delta, BC, House For Sale | REW.ca
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #5885
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

my main objective is to live in it and when i get married and have kids, then upgrade to a townhome. i'm not really interested in flipping. i just want to have my own place.

however though, i'm also thinking of possibly renting it out for a bit until i'm actually thinking about marriage, then moving in afterwards.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #5886
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
my main objective is to live in it and when i get married and have kids, then upgrade to a townhome. i'm not really interested in flipping. i just want to have my own place.

however though, i'm also thinking of possibly renting it out for a bit until i'm actually thinking about marriage, then moving in afterwards.
If you're a first-time home owner, you won't qualify for the purchase property tax exemption if you buy a unit and rent it out right away. You have to live in the unit for at least 1 year to qualify. You'll be out a few thousand bucks.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #5887
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
if you're looking at a condo, i would suggest a 2br if budget can meet it, or at least 1br + den (where this den can fit a single bed). if you have kid(s) you'll have flexibility to stay in it if the upgrade to TH doesn't pan out. not saying you can't raise a family with a 1br, but i've seen enough open houses of a family in a 1br and i'd say it's not comfortable, and i'm the type of person that doesn't require a whole lot of space.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #5888
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

as long as vancouver's property prices remain cheaper than china, there will never be shortage of buyers.
I'm not even talking about external market forces such as weak canadian loonie, or low interest rates etc.
Just comparing Vancouver's price to any major Chinese city's price, Vancouver is still affordable by a big margin.
An average apartment in china is worth 2-3 million CAD, an average detached dwelling in china starts approximately 6 to 8 million canadian and far from the city centre.
spend 8 million with less than desirable environment and constantly worried. vancouver seems like a bargain.
so all they need to do is sell just one of their apartment in China and they can jump right into a nice single family house in Vancouver. what a nice deal. cant fault them for making smart choices.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #5889
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
^
wow I think that is the first post from Gululu that I have thanked...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #5890
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Wow didnt know chinese RE are that expensive. Because they have too many buyers?

Yea you are witnessing a free market where there is little regulation. As soon as regulations are in place (this is not a guarantee, ones need to study the behavior/goal of the regulatory body), then price can come down. Bullish until then.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #5891
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Wow didnt know chinese RE are that expensive. Because they have too many buyers?

Yea you are witnessing a free market where there is little regulation. As soon as regulations are in place (this is not a guarantee, ones need to study the behavior/goal of the regulatory body), then price can come down. Bullish until then.
China is pretty expensive but I think it's even worse in HK:

Same friend bought in Canada but works/rents in HK:

1br 420ft presale in false creek = 330k bought, worth ~380k now?
1br 450ft new building in wanchai = 8m HKD new,, worth ~10m HKD now (1.7m CAD)

In China its pretty easy to find 800 - 1000 sq.ft places for half of HK prices, though the gap is closing fast especially in Shenzhen
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #5892
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
if you're looking at a condo, i would suggest a 2br if budget can meet it, or at least 1br + den (where this den can fit a single bed). if you have kid(s) you'll have flexibility to stay in it if the upgrade to TH doesn't pan out. not saying you can't raise a family with a 1br, but i've seen enough open houses of a family in a 1br and i'd say it's not comfortable, and i'm the type of person that doesn't require a whole lot of space.
+1
On top of that, anything with a den or an extra bedroom sells within a week nowadays.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #5893
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
An average apartment in china is worth 2-3 million CAD, an average detached dwelling in china starts approximately 6 to 8 million canadian and far from the city centre.
spend 8 million with less than desirable environment
This is the biggest bullshit I've read all fucking year. I hope you understand what the word average means.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2016, 06:11 AM   #5894
I don't get it

Hey things could be worse.
https://www.rt.com/business/340471-c...lia-territory/
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #5895
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Just curious, are people putting condition/subject-free offers on condos as well or just townhouses/houses?
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #5896
I bringith the lowerballerith

bought a condo 270k, not even completed and already worth 320k lololol
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #5897
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Condition free for condos too
Old 04-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #5898
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKC ONE View Post
This is the biggest bullshit I've read all fucking year. I hope you understand what the word average means.
Ex gf brother purchase an apartment in Beijing in area 6 (Beijing in divided into different area or circles being in area/circle 1 is like the DT of Beijing). Basically is really far away form DT Beijing (takes 2 to 2.5hours to get there by subway and their subway is fast lol).

Area is oklish not the greatest and the apartment is 2nd hand only up to 6th floor about 10 years old. 2bedroom seems to be around 800sq ft cost about 380k RMB. I would say is on the cheaper side of things.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #5899
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
I got a modest condo in early Feb. I was planning to do the RRSP contribution and the home buyer's withdrawal right after. It would of netted me a nice chunk of money on my taxes. I ended up finding a place I really liked and skipped out on the RRSP contribution which I was a little choked about...until I realized my place went up 12% in value come tax time in April.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #5900
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
curious, where do you get a condo for 270k?
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote