REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #6801
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Why would BC hydro need to consent? It's not like you consented to a smart meter or anything.
because using the meter is like using a cable box to connect to shaw

does shaw have to give out your internet info?
Advertisement

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #6802
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Fwiw mainlanders seem oddly interested in 'Murcan trucks. Lots of mainlanders rolling in F150's and the like in Richmond, even the new C-lais in Raptors
and new Diesel F350s

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #6803
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,587 Times in 4,319 Posts
Generally, what's the protocol if you buy in an adult only TH complex and later, become pregnant? Do you have X amount of time to sell?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #6804
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Generally, what's the protocol if you buy in an adult only TH complex and later, become pregnant? Do you have X amount of time to sell?
Adult only TH? Sounds like the time the wife and I went to mexico and stayed at an adults only resort. 24/7 playboy channel on the tele.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #6805
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
What do your bylaws say?

If the bylaws are silent, such situations are probably handled on a case-by-case basis. The strata's property manager should be contacted first.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #6806
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Adult only TH rofl. There's one in our area and it makes me chuckle every time I walk by and see the sign
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #6807
G
Banned (BBM)

Concord Brentwood sold out before opening to public. But that doesn't say much, all you have to do is register on their site and u can get a chance to buy :P

Decided to cancel my order for my unit. Value/size/money = not worth it after a lengthy consideration
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #6808
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

imo Brentwood will have its place. word is Foody Mart is looking to expand there
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #6809
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

do you guys think concord brentwood is worth it? i'm planning to try and get in on the presale for tower 2
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #6810
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
as investment or for Yourselves?,there almost seems like 100's of condos being build.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #6811
G
Banned (BBM)

I was able to get in during VIP first day of presales. Word on the street is the following days had an increase of $30,000-$40,000 added on top from the previous. Tower 2 will be more expensive than tower 1 so I cannot imagine how prices will be there. They are already preparing for tower 2, so you should probably get your suite request in or ask your realtor/whomever on how to sign up for it. I heard people who couldn't get in on tower 1 were contacted/notified that they can be apart of tower 2 without re-registering.

If you want to get it as an investment, there a ton of other properties that are going to be nearby. You don't need luxury for investment/renting purposes.

If you want to live in it, you need to have a plan especially for your future. Completion is year 2020 and they will most likely be building both towers at the same time. This might delay the completion date so you have to plan for a 4-5 year completion. On top of that, not gonna lie, the units are really small so be prepared.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 PM   #6812
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
do you guys think concord brentwood is worth it? i'm planning to try and get in on the presale for tower 2
This has got to be one of the most vague questions ever asked.

Can you afford living there and living a happy life? If the answer is yes, then it is worth it.
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #6813

Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
Why would you buy a unit that you can't see for another 3 years, when you can buy a larger unit in the same neighbourhood today for the same price? There are lots of buildings in Brentwood - Tandem, Perspectives, OMA 1/2, Solo, Watercolours, and a bunch of woodframe units at Brentwood Gate.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #6814

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Condo's as an investment suck, they wont appreciate anything like a detached home. The only exception to this is Downtown Vancouver.

Think about it, if the demand continues for condos around brentwood enough that the values start to rise, developers will just build more towers across the street. There is the land available to do this. Therefore price increases will be marginal for TH and condos.

Whereas compare that to the houses in behind brentwood who will see big spikes in price as the areas around them are slowly densified.

Bottom line: If you just want a condo to live in, by all means buy in brentwood. Otherwise buy a house, or save up a little more to buy a house, your ROI will be way bigger in 10 years.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #6815

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Condo's as an investment suck, they wont appreciate anything like a detached home. The only exception to this is Downtown Vancouver.

Think about it, if the demand continues for condos around brentwood enough that the values start to rise, developers will just build more towers across the street. There is the land available to do this. Therefore price increases will be marginal for TH and condos.

Whereas compare that to the houses in behind brentwood who will see big spikes in price as the areas around them are slowly densified.

Bottom line: If you just want a condo to live in, by all means buy in brentwood. Otherwise buy a house, or save up a little more to buy a house, your ROI will be way bigger in 10 years.
It's really hard to know what the market will be like in 10 years time.

I used to think the same thing as you about Brentwood. Values for 2-bedroom units hovered between 360-400K for many years, then in the last 6 months, the same units are now going for close to 550K. I was an owner in this community for 9 years. I would have never expected the appreciation I got over this time considering the amount of land that is available to be rezoned.

The one thing about Brentwood that was underappreciated for a long time is the location. You don't get easy access to Skytrain and the highway in many locations in Metro Vancouver.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #6816
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Prices for Navio at The Creek. Looking at $1000-1050 sq/ft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 321.JPG (40.9 KB, 0 views)
soymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #6817

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
It's really hard to know what the market will be like in 10 years time.

I used to think the same thing as you about Brentwood. Values for 2-bedroom units hovered between 360-400K for many years, then in the last 6 months, the same units are now going for close to 550K. I was an owner in this community for 9 years. I would have never expected the appreciation I got over this time considering the amount of land that is available to be rezoned.

The one thing about Brentwood that was underappreciated for a long time is the location. You don't get easy access to Skytrain and the highway in many locations in Metro Vancouver.
I agree hard to know. But all the historical data, would point to a detached house in any area which is still undergoing densification will be a much better investment than any condo. And in the event of a slow in the market, houses will hold their value way better than any condo, and bounce back much quicker.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #6818
I am Hook'd on RS

Last edited by IGTBAR; 04-08-2018 at 07:51 AM.
IGTBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #6819
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGTBAR View Post
Here's a question - considering how crazy the market is, would any of you sell a 1 bedroom condo in Burnaby now, and eat the approx $8k cost of early mortgage repayment penalty? Or wait it out?
Depends on what profit you're looking at, obviously.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #6820

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I agree hard to know. But all the historical data, would point to a detached house in any area which is still undergoing densification will be a much better investment than any condo. And in the event of a slow in the market, houses will hold their value way better than any condo, and bounce back much quicker.
easier said than done. for young people condo is the only way to get into the market.

7280 15th Avenue, Burnaby, BC, House For Sale | REW.ca

7280 15th Avenue, Burnaby

listed for 2,888,000
assessed for 1,175,000
almost 150% over assessed
Old 06-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #6821
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
this talk of "why buy a condo as an investment when a house will appreciate X times more"

whats a detached house going for in Brentwood area? 1.2+? lol

little different than a 400k condo
Old 06-27-2016, 12:58 PM   #6822

in my opinion, the people that voted No during the last transit plebiscite are to be blamed for contributing to the unaffordability. IF broadway line get build, vancouver westside prices will fall. If westside price falls, then everywhere else will fall even faster.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #6823
I am Hook'd on RS

Last edited by IGTBAR; 04-08-2018 at 07:51 AM.
IGTBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #6824
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGTBAR View Post
About 80k before realtor and penalty fees.
Is it your primary residence?
If not, it makes the decision easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #6825
G
Banned (BBM)

You better have something lined up to buy after. Its a scarce market right now in the Brentwood Park neighborhood.