REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:52 AM   #9301
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Got a question for all of you that currently or have lived in condos in the past.

My gf owns a condo that has assigned parking stalls (like most condos) with visitor spots that are clearly marked on the ground. We came home tonight and its been the third time (different cars each time) that some asshole parked in her stall. Obviously, there's no way of tracking the owner of that car except sitting there until they come back. We've left notes but that still doesn't solve the issue of losing her spot for the day/night. It's a giant pain in the ass when you come home later in the evening to find someone in your spot that is clearly not meant for visitor parking. There aren't even any visitor stalls on her floor of the parkade.

She has complained to her strata council about it, but their response is that there is nothing they can do and we're SOL. They said they can only fine/tow an illegally parked car if it's registered to a suite within the building. (i.e. I live in unit #203 and my license plate is registered to stall #33 but I parked in #41.) What they're saying is that any unregistered car (visitor or renting tenant) can park anywhere they choose to because the strata council can't tow them.

What avenues do we have if we run into another situation like this? Are they correct in what they said, or are they just completely incompetent?
Advertisement
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:25 AM   #9302
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
^

Are the visitors area not separated from the private one?!

If that's the case, I'd get permission from strata council and install a parking stall lock and be done with it. I mean, it's annoying, but I guess it's better than coming home at night and be left without parking.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #9303
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Just gonna put it out there, whoever wants mortgage advice you can PM me. I do alot of them
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:59 AM   #9304
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Is the parkade just open or is it other people with access to the parkade?

In our old building every sign in our lobby etc said "any parking violations such as parking in unauthorized spots etc should be reported to Burnaby towing"

Not sure if they would just come and tow someone because how do you prove it's your spot unless you have some paper work.

Kinda shitty since it's 3 different cars and not the same vehicle each time, would have made things easier
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #9305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Got a question for all of you that currently or have lived in condos in the past.

My gf owns a condo that has assigned parking stalls (like most condos) with visitor spots that are clearly marked on the ground. We came home tonight and its been the third time (different cars each time) that some asshole parked in her stall. Obviously, there's no way of tracking the owner of that car except sitting there until they come back. We've left notes but that still doesn't solve the issue of losing her spot for the day/night. It's a giant pain in the ass when you come home later in the evening to find someone in your spot that is clearly not meant for visitor parking. There aren't even any visitor stalls on her floor of the parkade.

She has complained to her strata council about it, but their response is that there is nothing they can do and we're SOL. They said they can only fine/tow an illegally parked car if it's registered to a suite within the building. (i.e. I live in unit #203 and my license plate is registered to stall #33 but I parked in #41.) What they're saying is that any unregistered car (visitor or renting tenant) can park anywhere they choose to because the strata council can't tow them.

What avenues do we have if we run into another situation like this? Are they correct in what they said, or are they just completely incompetent?
What? Someone is parked on your property, you are not allowed to call tow truck?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #9306
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

If the strata won't tow them or let you have them towed that's horseshit. I'd store my nail ridden 2x4 somewhere safe like under there back tires and if they happen to run over it when they leave that sucks to be them.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #9307
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
I'd key the fuck out of their car. Maybe they'll learn a lesson not to park there.

Quote:

mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #9308
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
If the strata won't tow them or let you have them towed that's horseshit. I'd store my nail ridden 2x4 somewhere safe like under there back tires and if they happen to run over it when they leave that sucks to be them.
Or let all the air out of their tires.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #9309
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

In my condo, I can call the tow truck anytime someone parks in my stall.
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #9310
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
^

Are the visitors area not separated from the private one?!

If that's the case, I'd get permission from strata council and install a parking stall lock and be done with it. I mean, it's annoying, but I guess it's better than coming home at night and be left without parking.
The first gated area of the parkade is for the retail space. There's another gate that opens up, which leads to the visitor and resident parking. There are 4 visitor parking spots and the rest are all resident owned spots. The visitor parking spots are clearly labeled on the ground, whereas the resident spots have #s.

The strata council has said they do not have the power to tow a car that isn't registered to any of the units. I just want to know if that's actually true, or if they're just being lazy assholes about it.

We can't really key the car because there are security cameras everywhere and if they report it to strata or something then they'll just look up the stall number and find out that it's my gf's stall. We just want to know if we have legal recourse to call a tow truck to move the car without us getting into any legal issues
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #9311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Or let all the air out of their tires.
Yeah that's like vandalism, if they run over my 2x4 that's on them.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 02-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #9312
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

The strata won't be able to request the tow but you should be able to. Or be like Mr bean and see if you can push it out of the way
Old 02-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #9313

Quote:
The first gated area of the parkade is for the retail space. There's another gate that opens up, which leads to the visitor and resident parking. There are 4 visitor parking spots and the rest are all resident owned spots. The visitor parking spots are clearly labeled on the ground, whereas the resident spots have #s.

The strata council has said they do not have the power to tow a car that isn't registered to any of the units. I just want to know if that's actually true, or if they're just being lazy assholes about it.

We can't really key the car because there are security cameras everywhere and if they report it to strata or something then they'll just look up the stall number and find out that it's my gf's stall. We just want to know if we have legal recourse to call a tow truck to move the car without us getting into any legal issues

I'm guessing retail shoppers accidentally trickled in to residential parking lot.
Is waiting for gate to close, and not letting car behind in before gate close, strickly enforced?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #9314
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Are there not any tow signs around in terms of who is responsible for the buildings towing?
Old 02-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #9315
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Ask to see the bylaws. Strata is generally responsible for the care of the building which include the parkade. Them telling you they cannot tow non-tenant's unauthorized vehicles is most likely bullshit.

Put up some ghetto sign/blockade on the space in the meantime.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #9316
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
leave a bucket there lol
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #9317
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:

Unregister your car / change your license plate
Now you can park at any spot in the parkade!
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #9318
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
2 pc Standard Auto Dollies | Princess Auto
sdubfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #9319
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Leave a note saying you saw someone hit their car. Say you'll be their witness. Then have them call you back and there you go. License plate number, name, phone number.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #9320
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
So someone is parking in your designated spot?

If that's the case, the strata DOES have full rights to tow the car after a given period of time. For my building, the strata posts a note in the lobby/elevators and says the car has 72hours to be moved or else it will be towed & stored at the tow yard at the vehicle owners expense.

Again, 72hours is bullshit, but it's better than nothing?

I know my grandmas building tows the minute the car is verified that it does not belong to the spot. (Grandmas building has a number of license plates registered to each spot. Ie. A family has 2 spots yet 4 cars, all 4 cars are registered to the 2 spots, if a non-registered car is parked there, it gets towed IMMEDIATELY.)
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #9321
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
can't strata just sub out to 1 tow truck company? i'm sure they'll love towing violators and making easy money.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #9322

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Your girlfriend doesn't own the parking space, but she is legally entitled to the exclusive use of it. The strata by laws should give the council the full power of enforcement over common areas including parkades that are for the exclusive use of residents and their visitors.

Your girlfriend should get a written response from the property manager outlining the reasons under the current strata's bylaws why vehicles not assigned to the parking space can't be towed. In the meantime, the suggestions of using a bucket or some other obstruction to prevent people from using the space are good ones and perfectly reasonable and compliant with the strata's by laws.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #9323

I've slept on this, I think the best option would be to find out which spots belong to the Strata members and park in those spots when hers is occupied and sometimes even when it's not just to prove a point. I guarantee if they aren't towing now they will be after the next meeting.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #9324
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Strata is likely too lazy to deal with the possible fallout of having someone towed.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #9325
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Fallout? Are signs not good enough?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote