REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:35 PM   #7051
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Aside from the complaint on housing, she sounds like she's in heat and need to chuck out some children fast.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:39 AM   #7052
Need my Daily Fix of RS

What kind of job is she going to get in Halifax with her 3 university degrees?
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:28 AM   #7053
I subscribe to Revscene

she seems the type of person who would have a "live, laugh, love" tattoo, and use #wanderlust.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #7054
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhdeh View Post
What kind of job is she going to get in Halifax with her 3 university degrees?
she's pretty general with her 3 degrees and statement of "broad skill set".

they could be bachelors in history, English and arts ... or could be a case of...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #7055
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,260 Times in 1,966 Posts
What an idiot...

If you find you can't live in a city anymore and want to move, that's fine but what's with the overly dramatic rage quit letter?

Here's why she's an idiot
  • She compared living in Vancouver to an abusive relationship
  • She quoted Justin Bieber
  • Has to mention she has 3 University Degrees (so what, you're better than us?) - That must have equaled a fuck ton of debt so you have to ask yourself if it was worth the fancy piece of paper...
  • Seems to have carved a fantastical version of where she's moving to. Not denying it's a different mentality over there but every city has its share of shitheads which she WILL encounter
  • Quotes Justin Bieber to wrap up her inane viewpoint

I don't have the highest opinion of Vancouver myself but I wouldn't demonstrate it in a fashion like this. Get a grip and just move. My view is that this city had a bad heart transplant and is being tended to by alleyway doctors and coat hanger surgeons.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #7056
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
She quoted Justin Bieber
Not once but twice... No wonder she is single.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #7057

i will leave this here:

Is the end near? Data shows Vancouver real estate bubble may be starting to burst | Globalnews.ca

Quote:
Last month there were a total of 2,618 listings for detached homes on the MLS and only 1,555 sales; a sales-to-listings ratio of 59 per cent. It is the lowest percentage of homes sold during the month of June since June 2013, the beginning of Vancouver’s sharp spike in home prices.

The effect was experienced throughout Metro Vancouver with some communities seeing a sharper drop than others. East Vancouver went from an 86 per cent sales-to-listings ratio in June 2015 to only 49 per cent last month.

Vancouver West saw a similar drop from 82 per cent in 2015 to 46 per cent in 2016.

From looking at the Sales to listing ratio above, it looks like the last 3 months of 2016 (April/May/June) is not consistent with the prior 3 years in which the ratio rises in the summer months.

Unfortunately I have no idea if # of listings in 2016 are much higher than previous years or not

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #7058
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Hahahha the end is near!!

Let me know when I can start buying up all the super cheap property
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #7059
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
the price of condo's has being going down and people selling off to move off elsewhere,who wants to pay a 2 grand a month maintenance fee?
plus tons of brand new ones are being build.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #7060
God of Unce

Old 07-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #7061

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Lol I won't hold my breath, as everyone who owns property right now says Vancouver is different, and you can't stop China baby.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #7062
God of Unce

Pwice so lo? Buy buy buy buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Lol I won't hold my breath, as everyone who owns property right now says Vancouver is different, and you can't stop China baby.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #7063
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I give you best price. $34.50.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #7064
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
i have similar charts from a realtor i've been in contact with who provides monthly updates

while the amount of listings have never been higher, and sales may be plateauing, that graph does not show home prices, which are now the highest they've ever been, and June currently is even higher than May was..

it could simply be the inventory is being saturated by people who believe the end is near, or people who see their neighbors selling for absurd prices and want to cash out as well.

imo the true test will be when you start seeing very desirable properties sit on the market for extended periods of time. Right now, the nicest, best lots/homes are still into crazy bidding wars

watch the "burst" be prices level off and an east van home stays at 1.7 for the next 2-5 years lol
Old 07-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #7065
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
watch the "burst" be prices level off and an east van home stays at 1.7 for the next 2-5 years lol
Yep.

I mean just look at all these people waiting around for prices to dip. As soon as prices go down even a little there will be a flood of people who have been waiting for a correction in the market starting to snap up property, and that will curb the drop to a minimum, or maybe even just level it off completely.

All these people waiting for a drop of 50% are insane, it's just not gonna happen.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #7066
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,157 Times in 7,153 Posts
If something DRASTIC happened like refusal of foreign ownership, or seizure of illegally acquired property like what Auz did, we could see some massive drops, but I don't think Canada wants to do that to their artificially inflated economy.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #7067
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
It's normal for price to slow, sometimes decrease a bit to find its new base before going up again or stay sideways until a resolution event that creates new high or cause it to go through the floorboard.

As an asset owner, you want price to find its new base, going up in a straight line is bad business.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #7068

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If something DRASTIC happened like refusal of foreign ownership, or seizure of illegally acquired property like what Auz did, we could see some massive drops, but I don't think Canada wants to do that to their artificially inflated economy.
You gotta think of it this way. If you owned a detached house that fetched $3mil right now, if the market dropped say hypothetically 50%, would you just be like, ok I'll just take $1.5mil and walk away? Maybe, if you couldn't afford the payments anymore and need to take a hit, but I'm pretty sure there will be a huge lineup at your door wanting to buy it. You've seen how much your place is worth at its high, no way in hell you'd give up that much money to sell. I'd rather wait it out again
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #7069
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
You gotta think of it this way. If you owned a detached house that fetched $3mil right now, if the market dropped say hypothetically 50%, would you just be like, ok I'll just take $1.5mil and walk away? Maybe, if you couldn't afford the payments anymore and need to take a hit, but I'm pretty sure there will be a huge lineup at your door wanting to buy it. You've seen how much your place is worth at its high, no way in hell you'd give up that much money to sell. I'd rather wait it out again
It doesn't work like that. The better hypothetical situation is. You bought a $3mil house. It dropped 15% in one year. Do you sell? No. OK it drops another 10% next year. Do you sell? No. It drops another 10% in 3 months. Do you sell? How many people could stomach this situation where they lost a few hundred thousand and wiped out all of their down payment and equity.

In addition, no one wants to buy in a down market. Would you buy a house that has been losing 15% year on year? That's what usually happens just like in a stock market crash. The people who can handle the swings ride it out, the majority gets slaughtered.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2016, 01:17 AM   #7070
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Question: What's the longterm effect of the Chinese buyers? Are they buying houses for their kids- and are those kids going to stay in Van to live, or are they eventually just going to flip it?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:30 AM   #7071
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

vancouver only #7. hong kong is negative
china cities takes top 5

nothing will change in vancouver.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #7072

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
It doesn't work like that. The better hypothetical situation is. You bought a $3mil house. It dropped 15% in one year. Do you sell? No. OK it drops another 10% next year. Do you sell? No. It drops another 10% in 3 months. Do you sell? How many people could stomach this situation where they lost a few hundred thousand and wiped out all of their down payment and equity.

In addition, no one wants to buy in a down market. Would you buy a house that has been losing 15% year on year? That's what usually happens just like in a stock market crash. The people who can handle the swings ride it out, the majority gets slaughtered.
I would honestly buy in a down market (if Vancouver ever reaches that point and if I could afford it) because I believe IF the market ever crashed here that it will go up again in some point. I also believe Vancouver will always be a renters market so I'm sure I can get rental income no problem.

Another point for no one wanting to buy in a down market, when would you expect people who believe the prices are crazy right now get in? Using your situation, if housing dropped 15% next year, I'm sure lots and lots of people would try to get in but we'll hold out. Ok another year and it drops another 10%. Still no one wants in?? When will the people complaining about house prices ever get in??
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2016, 07:44 AM   #7073
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,416 Times in 5,098 Posts
^ so why wait? Go buy something in Aberdeen, UK then... It suits your ideology perfectly.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #7074
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Pretty much all the wealthiest most successful people I know have the exact same thoughts on real estate holdings

"You never lose money until you sell"

It is of course a different case when you're mortgaged out the ass for 1.1 and your house is now only worth 750

But if you can ride the ups and downs, in the end you'll probably be alright and in a relatively similar or better position as when you bought.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #7075
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post

If you have a job and can pay your mortgage what would be the point of selling. If your from China what would you do with that money after selling the house?