REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #26
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Why not wait outside on garbage day.. is that so hard?
Just be there to make sure he collects your garbage.. if he doesn't go fucking yell at him.

Worst case, you get his license plate no. and you report the fucking turd to his supervisor.
Not everyone works from home or have the day off. We do have to work......
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Lol some of you guys are straight up douches..it's a new system give it a few times before its perfect or get your hands dirty for 2 minutes and dispose of it yourself, sorry the system disnt work for 2 weeks out of the last 20 years...
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ actually i remember when the contracts were transferred from the old contractor to the new one we had this issue...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
some cities still havent enacted this? i know we've had it in richmond for years
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

You must be doing something wrong dude. like not spacing out your cans so the arm on the truck can grab it, or you are putting out the wrong cans on the wrong day. Also i believe that the pickups Are only only once every two weeks, hence the 3 cans take up about the same amount of room in my garage as a fuckin prius...
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
It's interesting though...in the old system, the crows and raccoons were having a field day...these new cans are pretty animal-proof...there gonna be a lot of road kill.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #32
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I kinda work with surrey on the new organics program (not hired by surrey it self) but any questions or concerns let me know, I can try help you out.

Missed pickups, general questions, alternate bin sizes and and what not ill try to answer them for you.
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

Im going to start this off by saying I work for this company. Something you have to understand. We got this contract in March, had to hire 50 new drivers, many of which have no waste experience. A whole seperate division of management, get 50 new trucks etc. Then each route had to be planned and seperated.

The division of management expects each guy to pick up aplroximately 1200 homes in one day. These guys are brand new to the routes, the city has failed to deliver many toters, so in turn the drivers have to empty other toters and empty cans into the empty toter and put them back.

Many residents arent used to the system so they arent putting the toters out with enough space for the truck tk get them.

Its a brand new system be patient, every single driver is working 14+ hours, obviously its frustrating but things arent going to be perfect right off the get go for something like this. Its garbage, itll be there the next day, dont stress it too much, give it a little while and it will go smooth. My company is putting forth great effort. Brough trucks in from other districts aswell as supervisors going out in trucks 14+ hours a day to help. All management with class 3 has even been working weekends.

Its a complicated system with automated toter lifts because you cant just toss the garbage in the side/back of the truck like a conventional garbage truck. But will be better when quirks are worked out. Cheers!
Posted via RS Mobile
S13SRiding is offline   Reply With Quote