REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

Surrey's new garbage program

Hello, so my issue is that the city of Surrey has a new garbage program in which everyone has to split up their organics into a seperate garbage bin from the recycling, etc...

The truck driver has missed my address for two weeks now ever since the program started up October 1st. I have called the garbage department of the city many times during the last 2 weeks and the wait times are just over 1hr. I left several pick up requests on the website along with emails. The reps say they notified the driver, and still NO pick up this week.

Who else can I call to get the attention? My garbage is overflowing and there are stupid kids that walk by and knock over my bins few times a night in which my father has to pick back up. Thanks
Advertisement
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

just throw your garbage into a dumpster tats opened

if your that desperate throw it into someone else's garbage bin LOL desperate times leads to desperate acts
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

that's irresponsible for my family and home and that will not solve anything for weeks on end, I am not gonna do that every week when its the garbage driver's job to get to every household on time and effectively.
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Maybe go to City Hall and talk to someone in person?
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

wait for the garbage truck in the morning and tell him to get his shit done properly
Gesus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
It's garbage and a fucken joke, who has room to hold 3 big ass garbage cans and their place. I rent from my dad and I don't even get one now
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
not to mention during summer it can casue a health concern........
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
throw it right in the middle of king george man, the city will be there real quick to pick it up
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
I don't live in Surrey, but I think it's a fantastic idea.

Let's be real folks, garbage is an issue, a serious one, and it'll only get worse going forward. We've had a good run of being lazy fucks throwing everything in the same landfill, now it's time to move forward environmentally. It's a pain in the ass for sure, but it allows the city to have to divert less garbage to our overflowing landfills
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

well if its full, you will need to get rid of your current garbage, so throw it into someone elses garbage. What do you mean tats being irresponsible? thats being responsible

Being irresponsible is lettin the crows or the kids spread all the garbage on the floor and disgusting your neighbours

Go ask your neighbours if you could use their garbage bin (Being responsible) for a few weeks till everything gets shorted out.

Wait for the garbage collector to show up and ask him why hes been not picking up your garbage. Reach into an agreement. Its either he didnt see your garbage bin or... you and him got into an argument at the bar or something and he turns out to be your local garbage collector. And this is his way gettin back at you ... LOL
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

isn't the surrey garbage being handled by IPI or Emterra? How about calling them? Also, i would just take what garbage you can bring and throw it in an open dumpster...its not irresponsible because it still ends up in the landfill
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #12

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
This has been going on overseas for a very long time.

In Korea, if you eat at a fast food joint, there are 4 different garbage bins you have to sort your garbage into.

Except for McDonalds, they hire students to do it in the back.

It's a hassle, and may get time to get used to, but in the long run I agree with this as well.

As for OP, I guess it's just them working out the kinks...patience is key
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #13

Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,253 Posts
leave it at city hall with "attn:garbage dept, forgot to pick up trash for 2 weeks in a row"

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
I gave my garbage man a six pack of beer, everything I wanted gone went after that.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos View Post
Who else can I call to get the attention? My garbage is overflowing and there are stupid kids that walk by and knock over my bins few times a night in which my father has to pick back up. Thanks

dude, help out your family and pick it back up yourself. Your dad isn't the only one who can do it!

I would call city hall again, and raise a stink (ba dump tsss). Stay on the phone until they dispatch someone to pick it up. Get a little mad if you have to.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
leave it at city hall with "attn:garbage dept, forgot to pick up trash for 2 weeks in a row"
Agreed!
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
10psi aint enough...

Yep... Apparently its a new food scrap recycle program (for some neighborhood), been happening to my area in Vancouver for a year now.
You will get a calender sent to you explaining the program and showing when each container gets collected.

Garbage collection is every 2 weeks, and each week the city collects blue recycle bins and organics must be separated into green bin (which is also the yard trimming container).

It becomes a hassle as garbage (black bin) has to wait every 2 weeks for collection.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,326 Times in 5,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't live in Surrey, but I think it's a fantastic idea.

Let's be real folks, garbage is an issue, a serious one, and it'll only get worse going forward. We've had a good run of being lazy fucks throwing everything in the same landfill, now it's time to move forward environmentally. It's a pain in the ass for sure, but it allows the city to have to divert less garbage to our overflowing landfills
the bottom line is this setup works, and it arguably makes your disposal even easier when you use the organics bucket for the kitchen etc

then your just random garbage slowly fills up which is probably most of the worst shit so they can separate it definitively for disposal
Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
This has been going on overseas for a very long time.

In Korea, if you eat at a fast food joint, there are 4 different garbage bins you have to sort your garbage into.

Except for McDonalds, they hire students to do it in the back.

It's a hassle, and may get time to get used to, but in the long run I agree with this as well.

As for OP, I guess it's just them working out the kinks...patience is key
we have this here happening too now, like in PC mall and other malls...confusing as hell lol, i wish they'd have more writing and less drawings...the drawings just confuse me more
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #20

Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,253 Posts
^I just wrap everything in a subway bag, tie it up and throw it in the trash bin burn that shit

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #21

^i stare at the labels, try to determine where the fuck my plate goes and where my food goes...after almost being on the verge of throwing it all in the same bin, the ethiopian PC mall lady takes my shit, throws it out for me properly and gives me a "you fucktard" look
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Personally bring the garbage to city hall and ask them to pick your shit up next time round. Leave with no further explanation. If they still won't pick up your garbage, be creative with it.
slnna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #23

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Why not wait outside on garbage day.. is that so hard?
Just be there to make sure he collects your garbage.. if he doesn't go fucking yell at him.

Worst case, you get his license plate no. and you report the fucking turd to his supervisor.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #24
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Yep... Apparently its a new food scrap recycle program (for some neighborhood), been happening to my area in Vancouver for a year now.
You will get a calender sent to you explaining the program and showing when each container gets collected.

Garbage collection is every 2 weeks, and each week the city collects blue recycle bins and organics must be separated into green bin (which is also the yard trimming container).

It becomes a hassle as garbage (black bin) has to wait every 2 weeks for collection.
Posted via RS Mobile
Victoria is getting this setup next February.

I dunno, since meat scraps are supposed to go into organics bucket won't that smell REALLY bad and attract animals? Especially if a stat holiday skips a collection, pushing it to 2 weeks before it's picked up?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Victoria is getting this setup next February.

I dunno, since meat scraps are supposed to go into organics bucket won't that smell REALLY bad and attract animals? Especially if a stat holiday skips a collection, pushing it to 2 weeks before it's picked up?
Burnaby's had this for a few years, but the foodscraps go in the yard waste bin, grass is a pretty good insulator of the smell in the warmer months. Most months its cool enough that its not a problem that I put out the bin for collection every other week.

You can also throw in paper products soaked in organic waste, so I also put in shredded paper from the office. A little baking soda will also absorb any odor.
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote