REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #101
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
twitchyzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 20,218
Thanked 8,099 Times in 3,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'll take 4 months of hot humid weather and 8 months of cool, dry weather over 9 months of cold dark dreary wet weather and 3 months of okay weather.

And the air is plenty fresh where I live

To each their own.
fresh air in HK

instead of hyperbole you unknowingly used oxymoron
Advertisement
__________________
zenki S2000
chuki JT Escudo
kouki Roadster RF

BST feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #102
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,356
Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I tend to dip back into a noticeable depression when the weather is shitty for long periods of time, sucks.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #103
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,155
Thanked 1,242 Times in 285 Posts
I can't be the only one doing this

ForeverYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #104
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,721
Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Sounds just peachy....


View Screen Capture
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #105
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 45,934
Thanked 20,493 Times in 6,506 Posts
humidity on its own is irrelevant. what matters is the relativity to temperature. and at 23 degrees, 70% isn't considered bad at all. Actually it's pretty much like May in vancouver. Besides that doesn't tell teh full story - the real forecast from the HK observatory is 23-24 at night with 70%, and 27-28 with 50% humidity.

I'm sure anyone who is in hk right now can back me up on this. The weather has been nice and cool lately, and it only gets better from here. I had a chuckle when my wife mentioned she wished she had worn a jacket out, just after I read your post

Anyway my only point was that just about every place in the world has its good weather and bad. for me, it's bad here between mid June and mid september. and even then it's still really sunny so it doesn't affect your mood. In vancouver it's bad from mid september to late April, and on top of that it's really dark and wet for most of that time.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #106
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,917
Thanked 1,187 Times in 545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
humidity on its own is irrelevant. what matters is the relativity to temperature. and at 23 degrees, 70% isn't considered bad at all. Actually it's pretty much like May in vancouver. Besides that doesn't tell teh full story - the real forecast from the HK observatory is 23-24 at night with 70%, and 27-28 with 50% humidity.

I'm sure anyone who is in hk right now can back me up on this. The weather has been nice and cool lately, and it only gets better from here. I had a chuckle when my wife mentioned she wished she had worn a jacket out, just after I read your post

Anyway my only point was that just about every place in the world has its good weather and bad. for me, it's bad here between mid June and mid september. and even then it's still really sunny so it doesn't affect your mood. In vancouver it's bad from mid september to late April, and on top of that it's really dark and wet for most of that time.
Posted via RS Mobile
I was in HK late October couple of years ago, fantastic weather. Shorts/Tee and you are set. Not humid and no excessive sweating
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #107
 
dbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansai/Van
Posts: 2,458
Thanked 933 Times in 450 Posts
Yup, in the low 20s humidity does almost jack all. Fucking horrible in the high 30s and 40s though
__________________
meow meow meow meow meow. CATS!!!
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #108
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Acura604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,469
Thanked 2,679 Times in 660 Posts
here's some 2011 footage... get ready for some more fun! recognize the BIMMER from HoS?

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #109
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,002
Thanked 5,110 Times in 1,107 Posts
^lol, where is this. Somewhere along Boundary?

Fuck, all this commotion over an inch of snow and slush. Yes, I know it's fresh powder.

So many ruined transmissions lol

lol the last guy reversing must have shit his pants hahah
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #110
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,721
Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
In vancouver it's bad from mid september to late April,
This year was sunny and gorgeous right up until about a week ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #111
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 30,453
Thanked 9,999 Times in 3,579 Posts
The new summer in BC is July to September, in those times it's hard to beat
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #112
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 722
Thanked 599 Times in 165 Posts
I've lived in alberta and saskatchewen for most of my life, but honestly this city is the hardest to drive in once it snows. I know A lot of people make fun of us vancouverites for this fact, but the terrain and the unprepared nature of everyone has a lot to do with it. In the prairies everyone knows it's going to snow so they immediately put on the winter tires or take out the trucks. They also live on flat land, non of this 30 degree angle hills with a red light at the top of it or any of that bs.

Once the snow hits here, it melts, then becomes ice. or it never falls at all. Or it snows and snows and snows... This city is incredibly unpredictable with the weather and most of the drivers still have yet to experience true hardcore winter mode driving. These are all major factors into our terrible winter road conditions. also it helps to have a standard transmission. 2nd gear and light on the gas so the wheels don't spin. get traction and keep it under 2500rpm. I lasted 3 winters in alberta with all seasons living in the country with this simple method. We had 3 foot high snow drifts on my road almost daily yet my POS Neon barreled through them with ease with balding cheapo tires.

I'm kind of anticipating a full blown winter now. I wanna see this city in lockdown!
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #113
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 45,934
Thanked 20,493 Times in 6,506 Posts
The view from my balcony right now:



26 degrees, 60% humidity, API under 25

If I had to describe this weather, it would be.... "just peachy"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #114
 
dbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansai/Van
Posts: 2,458
Thanked 933 Times in 450 Posts
28, 50% humidity. also peachy
__________________
meow meow meow meow meow. CATS!!!
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #115
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North vancouver
Posts: 8,461
Thanked 23,386 Times in 4,865 Posts
Snowing in whistler all day. Sounds peachy enough for me.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #116
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Qmx323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,431
Thanked 2,152 Times in 695 Posts
Im gonna tape pillows to my bumpers when it starts snowing
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #117
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 739
Thanked 795 Times in 195 Posts
Did anyone else catch that freak dump of hail this morning? Happened around 8am and didn't last very long. Clark and Broadway area.

jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #118
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The 6ix
Posts: 9,381
Thanked 5,261 Times in 1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
I'm kind of anticipating a full blown winter now. I wanna see this city in lockdown!
This.
__________________
Posted from NE 1-J W Inglis Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
To quote the most misunderstood individual and figurehead on Revscene:

"I am a changed person."

- TOS'd
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #119
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
GabAlmighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 5,324
Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
here's some 2011 footage... get ready for some more fun! recognize the BIMMER from HoS?
Hehe, Dodge at 1:35 powned everything.
__________________
'16 Ram 1500
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #120
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
quasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Cloverdale
Posts: 10,803
Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,045 Posts
Weather is showing sun Tues-Friday I'll be riding my motorcycle to work until there is ice or snow on the ground.
__________________



“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #121
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
mac25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 391
Thanked 130 Times in 57 Posts
that's ok. the cold air adds 5% more hp and the rain adds 2%more down force, lol.
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #122
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
EvoFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 866
Thanked 292 Times in 145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
I've lived in alberta and saskatchewen for most of my life, but honestly this city is the hardest to drive in once it snows. I know A lot of people make fun of us vancouverites for this fact, but the terrain and the unprepared nature of everyone has a lot to do with it. In the prairies everyone knows it's going to snow so they immediately put on the winter tires or take out the trucks. They also live on flat land, non of this 30 degree angle hills with a red light at the top of it or any of that bs.

Once the snow hits here, it melts, then becomes ice. or it never falls at all. Or it snows and snows and snows... This city is incredibly unpredictable with the weather and most of the drivers still have yet to experience true hardcore winter mode driving. These are all major factors into our terrible winter road conditions. also it helps to have a standard transmission. 2nd gear and light on the gas so the wheels don't spin. get traction and keep it under 2500rpm. I lasted 3 winters in alberta with all seasons living in the country with this simple method. We had 3 foot high snow drifts on my road almost daily yet my POS Neon barreled through them with ease with balding cheapo tires.

I'm kind of anticipating a full blown winter now. I wanna see this city in lockdown!
I don't think that helps in my case. Small turbos for the lose
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #123
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Great68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria
Posts: 8,930
Thanked 3,011 Times in 1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I don't think that helps in my case. Small turbos for the lose
Traction control on the MS3 is pretty good.

Put on some good snow tires, and you'll be surprised at how good your car will do in the snow. Having a Limited Slip diff helps big time too.

I've had my car through 3 winters now, no problems.
__________________
1968 Mustang Coupe
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
1997 GMC Sonoma ZR2
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #124
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
EvoFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 866
Thanked 292 Times in 145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Traction control on the MS3 is pretty good.

Put on some good snow tires, and you'll be surprised at how good your car will do in the snow. Having a Limited Slip diff helps big time too.

I've had my car through 3 winters now, no problems.
I'll know soon enough. I have new winter tires on some Gen2 wheels, just contemplating when to put them on.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #125
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,271
Thanked 5,094 Times in 1,353 Posts
Is it just me, or is BMW's DTC system amazing in the snow? I've gone slip and sliding a couple times for fun, and with the DTC on it's literally impossible to lose control of the car under 60km/h even in heavy snow, even with RWD and low-profile all-seasons and tossing the steering wheel from side to side.
Akinari is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net