REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
stopped reading after the 1st sentence that ended with '2040'
Advertisement
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
"Allocate $70 million in 2014"...... which will all be eaten up by the Evergreen Line, or maybe the new Patullo Bridge, or some other crazy idea Translink has for "the future."

We need a mayor.. who has a brain. Instead of a fucking tree growing inside his head.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
You know what gets me is that someone here should just run for office. If you don't like it, get off your damn computer chairs and campaign for the Non-Partisan Alliance or another civic party. The NPA got slammed in the last election and I'm sure they could use the bright and articulate minds of RS' finest.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #29
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
anyone here with a poli-sci degree?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Until I see something mind blowing happen with how transit is in this City, I don't think I will ever not drive. I took the bus the other day for the first time in well over 14 years and it sucked just as much as when I had to take it due to due to not being old enough to drive yet. It took seemingly forever for the bus to come and this was in the afternoon on a weekend on a major route, it stank badly, and it was slow as fuck.

I don't buy the whole we are not forcing people out of cars BS either because you are doing exactly that. Please please continue to drive but we will just start blocking certain streets, taking away parking spots, raising the price to park, among other things to piss you off enough to not want to drive. For me, they want to make going downtown in a car a hassle I will just simply choose to go to Richmond or other places more. It really hasn't bothered me much.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I'm sure they could use the bright and articulate minds of RS' finest.
Posted via RS Mobile
RS' Finest...

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #32
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts

Transit
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #33
Princess Dewey

Tanslink has been pretty good and reliable for me, the only thing i would argue is that prices keep climbing higher and higher, if they wanted more people to use their systems they should make it more affordable because $151 for a 3 zone pass a month is too much my car insurance costs less.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
What I don't like is the inconsistency. If you want people out of their cars(which I think is a dubious goal) then why are we building a 10 lane highway to Vancouver?

We don't need congestion charges, city border charges or other crazy surtaxes on cars...we need to hit a capacity. You can take your car all you want...and yes public transport is expensive, but I can have you out of the dt core in 30 minutes on a train, or 3 hours in your car. Choose.

I'm not arguing which one is better or worse, I'm just arguing that if you are going to have: 1) a goal and 2) an investment then those 2 things should really line up.

This is what I get from ALL of these little press pieces of late, "your car is evil, and the hippie province of BC and the hippie gov't of Vancouver wants you to leave that evil smog machine at home and ride your bike. Or walk! Or take skytrain...but here's a brand new bridge and 10 lane or whatever highway for that evil car. Oh! And we're broke."

No consistency. Because we all know whats going to happen. The new bridge is going to hit a new capacity. How long? I'm guessing 10 years, but experts are saying 20. And then the cycle is going to start all over again.

And they've already started hacking at the bus service that was going over the new bridge, which I remember was a real selling point to this entire thing.

So you can bike lane the fuck out of every road you can get your hands on, tear down the viaducts and do whatever else you want on one side, but on the other side of the city, they are building a very car friendly highway attached to a supremely car friendly fat ass bridge and in the middle of that, the fine folks of east van will be fucked when those two dynamics meet in front of their house.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #35
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #36
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Uber
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote