REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
no-reply tolerance

do you put up with people who don't reply to your text or chat?

do you let it slide or do you confront them?

mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
no biggie
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
In almost all cases, it doesn't bother me. However, when it's something important or urgent, and I find out they've purposely put off the message, I'll call bitches out.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
If a person fails to reply, it's because you've failed to provoke their interest.

I do not indulge that which does not interest me, I would not expect others to either.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I can't stand people who don't reply to my texts in a timely manner, I mean seriously I don't want a replay a day later if I send you a text today saying "how's your day going?".

I feel it's a respect thing and it's obvious the person doesn't have you very high on there list of priorities so why waste time with them. I understand some people are busy but most people are glued to their phones and trust me everyone has time to send a reply back to your text if they really wanted to.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #6

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
"Fuck 'em"

Ever since I've adopted that attitude towards people like that, I've been much happier.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
I disregard.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
What I don't get is why people don't just call the other person hard line if their message is so important?

Personally I don't text anymore if its for something bigger than just small talk because of how easily something can be read out of context...

Sometimes I get sidetracked when reading a text or something happens that needs my immediate attention and I would forget about peoples texts
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
If they arent worth your time, why should you put up with them?
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #10

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
It pisses me off especially with girls. With my guy friends, I don't care one bit because we see each other quite often and can talk about anything anytime.

I was talking to this chick and we were telling each other about our day. After I read hers, I told her about mine... no more reply then. WTF?

Days later, she messages me, and we had a long conversation. After I made a sarcastic joke about how she is lucky to have me to teach her on some stuff, no more replies.

I mean, we're not just hi and bye friends. We've known each other for quite some time and know quite a bit about each other. Although I don't see any future relationship between us, it's kinda rude how she just cuts off without explaining the next day what happen. It just makes it so awkward the next time I see her again.

I mean, if you don't have a minute or two to commit to a reply, don't check your phone. That's what people tend to do, they check their phone to avoid real life awkward situations, then the message is read, they don't reply, and they message is forgotten.

I never check my phone and not reply to a message unless I know conversation will lead no where and that I only talk to that person once a year or something.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,552 Posts
mr_chin, you are in a place called the friendzone.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i dont like it.. mind you im also pretty bad at it so i cant really complain
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
"Fuck 'em"

Ever since I've adopted that attitude towards people like that, I've been much happier.
Posted via RS Mobile
This.

It used to be something that pissed me off to no end, but I've also taken up on the fuck it attitude. Sometimes I know it might be unintentional as it happens to me as well, but if we're having a steady conversation and all of a sudden it cuts off from your end mid conversation, thats when the fuck it mentality kicks in. If you're not willing to show interest in the conversation, don't mind if I fire it right back at you then. Simple as that.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
It pisses me off especially with girls. With my guy friends, I don't care one bit because we see each other quite often and can talk about anything anytime.

I was talking to this chick and we were telling each other about our day. After I read hers, I told her about mine... no more reply then. WTF?

Days later, she messages me, and we had a long conversation. After I made a sarcastic joke about how she is lucky to have me to teach her on some stuff, no more replies.

I mean, we're not just hi and bye friends. We've known each other for quite some time and know quite a bit about each other. Although I don't see any future relationship between us, it's kinda rude how she just cuts off without explaining the next day what happen. It just makes it so awkward the next time I see her again.

I mean, if you don't have a minute or two to commit to a reply, don't check your phone. That's what people tend to do, they check their phone to avoid real life awkward situations, then the message is read, they don't reply, and they message is forgotten.

I never check my phone and not reply to a message unless I know conversation will lead no where and that I only talk to that person once a year or something.
^This. I understand some situations in not replying is fine. Like they forget or whatever, happens to me as well. So I don't take it too much to heart as there's no point in causing a problem over what could be a misunderstanding (usually is). But when ppl are disrespectful like mr. Chin said it pisses me off so I don't text them again. Ex. Met a girl from class, she gives me her # so I text her.. Wasn't a useless txt either it was an actual question but she never replied, tried again a few days later too see how she was doing cause she was sick but still no reply (you can tell if the msg is read or not). But when I see her in class she talks normally? Idek this is why ive stopped texting all together now cause I hate these situations no point in lowering yourself in front of someone If they don't see you as worth their time.
Posted via RS Mobile
rzrshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

just ignored
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Going to be flat out honest. Before when I was single and mingling with girls I was interested in I would constantly wonder "Why hasnt she messaged me back yet?" or "She just might be busy" and it would make my mind race.

But lets face it in this day in age where we dont need to carry a separate mp3 player for music, a camera for photos, an agenda for planning: WHO REALLY DOESNT LOOK AT THEIR PHONE FOR 12 HRS STRAIGHT.

I found that hard to believe, simply take with a grain of salt that they just aint interested and move on. If she really gave a shat about you or was interested they would make the time to put you into their lives. If they cant give you 30 seconds of their life to type you a message back. Imagine asking them to go out on a date.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #17
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

its how it is they don't reply till they need something from you lulzzz, or they are in a situation where they want to look like they're busy on their phones so they message anyone
iKayChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ That is 100% right. If they don't message back they don't care, until they need something, and then the world will end if u ignore them.

As stated above. "Fuck 'em"
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

i don't bother replying to "Whats up niggah!" type texts.

now if i get an actual question like "what are you doing tonight? theres a party we can hit"

or "hey, i need help with this XXX, can you do something?"

just get to the damn point.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Generally if someone doesn't reply to a text or something, and it's not a big issue, then I don't care. If it's something that needs to be talked about, I call them. I find it funny when I hear people going, "You didn't reply to my text." You have a cell phone for a reason. It's like people forget that a phone call can instantly connect you to a person...
Posted via RS Mobile
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts

describes the whole thread nicely

but seriously i dont give a shit
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
i dont take it too personally, for me its just a heads up that the girls jus not into me. i do it myself, when i just dont care enough to reply, i know im not into that chick.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
I am Hook'd on RS

Whenever I want a quick reply, I use the calling feature, like people did back in the day.
DevC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
to me, not replying a msg is the exact same thing as ignoring someone to their face when they say hi. like pretending they don't even exist. it's rude.

if someone sends me "hey", i don't care what the intent is, or what their objective is.
i will reply "yo".

and it's done. if they have something real to say they'll say it. if they don't then it ends there.

if im curious i'll go further it by going "whatsup?" or "what did you need?"

i will always reply, usually immediately, but if im busy, i'll reply by the end of the day. but i will reply. i won't leave people hanging. it's super rude.

i find it reflects how people perceive you.

not replying amplifies the fact that you are selfish and or you put yourself higher than the other person. whether or not its true or not. that's the image you give off.

I know some people are super clumsy and forgetful, i give those people a lot more leeway, cuz well, they're super clumsy and not organized. what can u do about it? they are ALREADY CLUMSY and DISORGANIZED.

but i don't give other people the same slack. i know they're super organized, and i know they check their phones like 10 times a minute. if they don't reply, i assume they're doing something busy, in a movie, a meeting, or fucking a girl or something fairly important.

if they don't reply after 1-2 days i start to think they're dead or they're just being rude.

at the end of the day, i just go whatever. they have lowered themselves to the level of disrespectful and unreliable.

and i have promoted myself to someone more reliable than they are. i will always be there for whatever reason unless im sleeping lol.

this especially goes for people that READ the message (read/double checked, etc), and DONT ever reply. even when its a direct question. not just "sup"... like "what are you up to tonight/tomorrow etc"

i find some people don't even like picking up. they operate in their own world and just decide whether they want to communicate to others or not. I'm a total extrovert, and from what ive seen, most people that don't reply or dont pick up calls are usually introverts.

they dont mean to be rude, but their world doesnt extend past their own lives. lol. they typically care less about other people, and dont find it to be rude. although they should know, THEY ARE BEING RUDE lol.

they just live their own lives in their own minds, and dont feel the need to satisfy other people's needs, even if its something so small like replying a message.

i guess that's the difference between someone that shows the basic understanding of empathy, vs someone who is a little out of touch with society and other people.

at the end you cant really get mad, cuz those people that don't reply, DONT GET IT. they just dont get it at all. they dont feel the same things you feel. they operate on a different bandwidth or whatever you want to call it. it's like a real effort for them to "get it" and reply. it sounds ultra selfish, but well, what can you do, thats the way they operate.

i really think it boils down to how much imagination and empathy you have.

the more of both you have the more likely you are to reply. because you can imagine the time and effort (no matter how small or big), it took to write a message, and you would want a reply if you were the one that wrote it, therefore you reply.
kinda like "treat one as you would want to be treated yourself" type mentality.

others just... it flies over their head. they deem it as "necessary" or label it as something "little". like i said, it totally boils down to empathy. they don't see how the other side will react, and expect them to react the same way as they do. be all cold about it.

THATS my perspective. that is the reason why i always reply.

my biggest petpeeve is when people ask you a question, whether its simple or a complex question. and you give them the answer they need, and there's no reply. not a thanks, or not even a "k".

it's like... yo man, you do realise, you are using other people for their knowledge, to help you out. you can't just go around asking people shit and not thanking them, using them like tools or monkeys or some shit. people will be more willing to help you out the next time if you are polite and give them the respect they deserve.

introverts, i don't get them sometimes lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #25

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I normally text someone "hey, how are you" or just "Hey" and if they reply I'll start talking about what I wanted to talk about.

Nothing worse then your first message being "Can you help me?" and no response. I'd rather now someone is actually has there phone before I ask anything. Questions are terrible to leave. Fuck texting.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote