REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #26
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

This is sad. I wish there are things the city can do to prevent wildlife from jumping onto public roads. I was so scared driving up to Cranbrook on the highway when I knew Moose will jump out of no where.
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

It could be a black and tan Shiba Inu. The dogs are known escape artists, and they do grow to about 20 pounds. Smaller than a husky...

Even though the dog doesnt have tags, it might have slipped through the collar. Like huskies, their necks are the same size/width as their heads so they do slip off pretty easily. It might have had a microchip though?

RIP.

Pic of a sleeping shiba:
Mrtemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
shitty situation man, i know how it feels. im not much of a dog person, but whenever i see cat roadkill i instantly get choked up, and get really angry and society for owning cars.

in the fall, there was a HUGE problem it seemed with raccoons on 1 road in richmond. multiple times i had to slam on my brakes and throw on the hazards to let those little critters get out of the way safely. although on canadian thanksgiving i had to actually get out and help them.

there was two bigger ones ,and a baby cub. but one of the big ones got hit and died instantly. and they wouldn't leave the bodies side. so i stopped, got out of my car and moved the body safely into some bushes. thankfully the cubs followed, and hopefully stayed in the brush.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #29
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtemp View Post
It could be a black and tan Shiba Inu. The dogs are known escape artists, and they do grow to about 20 pounds. Smaller than a husky...

Even though the dog doesnt have tags, it might have slipped through the collar. Like huskies, their necks are the same size/width as their heads so they do slip off pretty easily. It might have had a microchip though?

RIP.

Pic of a sleeping shiba:
i myself call a shiba x bichon as family member. so i know what they are like. sad, but this is costing me close to $1000 in repair. my timing belt skipped. yipee
Posted via RS Mobile
dovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #30
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Not a Shiba Inu. Definitely looks like a coyote. They're somewhat common. Saw one outside of the BCIT Aerospace campus in Richmond about a week ago...just hanging out in the bushes near the river.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #31
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Did he died?
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

yeah he did died
tseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #33
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
Did he died?
No, he's sleeping
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #34
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

that's a coyote
blagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #35
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Coyote for sure. The proportions, colouring and shape is right. We get a few through the neighborhood now and again. And just as many "missing cat/toy do" ads as we do coyotes.

Which means you know we have coyotes.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Coyote for sure. The proportions, colouring and shape is right. We get a few through the neighborhood now and again. And just as many "missing cat/toy do" ads as we do coyotes.

Which means you know we have coyotes.
oh yeah, this one was fat. prolly just going back to it's den from nice dinner..

Way tooo much headache. wish i had a way to avoid it. Dealing with ICBC and proving them of the mechanical damage is just pain in the ass (found out my timing skipped 2 teeth). OHHHHHh the joy of unresponsive estimator.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #37
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovo View Post
oh yeah, this one was fat. prolly just going back to it's den from nice dinner..

Way tooo much headache. wish i had a way to avoid it. Dealing with ICBC and proving them of the mechanical damage is just pain in the ass (found out my timing skipped 2 teeth). OHHHHHh the joy of unresponsive estimator.
How does hitting an animal cause the timing belt in your motor to skip 2 teeth and how do you prove hitting an animal caused your timing to skip 2 teeth?

If you can't answer question #1, good luck trying to prove question #2 to ICBC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
How does hitting an animal cause the timing belt in your motor to skip 2 teeth and how do you prove hitting an animal caused your timing to skip 2 teeth?

If you can't answer question #1, good luck trying to prove question #2 to ICBC.
being a boxer engine. the timing cover sit way low. when i ran over the thing, it hit the cover and probably caused the engine to hard stall for a moment. and left hand side crank prolly spun cuz tensioner gave out. hard impact like that can cause the tensioner to give out. and the fact is it happened after i ran over it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #39

Just an update..

ICBC denied claim for engine damage. Because the timing belt job was done by my friend. Unlucky for me, timing skipped and previous timing belt job was a DYI. shitty.