REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Black Friday / Cyber Monday Thread 2012 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676791-black-friday-cyber-monday-thread-2012-a.html)

svelt 11-19-2012 11:15 AM

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Thread 2012

Didn't see one of these - Mods feel free to delete/move if there is an existing one.

So is it still worth it to head down to the States on Friday or over the weekend to pick up some stuff? I'm moving to a new place and am hoping to score a TV and a quality sound system and maybe pick up some clothing on the way. How cheap does it get? Anyone else heading down over the weekend?

twitchyzero 11-19-2012 11:23 AM

be my guest :badpokerface:

People will start lining up a day before opening so if you were hoping to snatch some door crashers...I say it's definitely not worth it

Presto 11-19-2012 11:30 AM

Black Friday @ Brick and Mortar Retail?
:fuckthatshit:

I'll be at home, where pants are optional and beer is cheap, scoping the deals online.

mqin 11-19-2012 11:37 AM

It's not actually as bad as the videos posted above... I'd say it's pretty worth while, my friends and I went down last year and snagged a brand new 50' Sony flat screen TV from wal-mart for just around $500 USD. although we were only in Tulailap so I can't speak for the rest of the malls/outlets out there.

But overall to get the best deals you'd probably have to go down on Thursday evening, because some shops will start their black Friday sales at 10 PM Thursday night, with additional discounts for the first several hours. And correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that wal-mart doesn't start it's black Friday sale until it's officially hit 12 AM, so just stick by what you want to buy and wait till it's time to check out I guess.

If you feel that is going to be too tiring for you, try and snag a deal on a cheap hotel from priceline or something. It was 50bux for a night and gave us a place to crash and rest before making the trip back up to Vancouver. Might be too late now but I'm not too sure since I wasn't planning on going back this year.

edit: If you want the deals, your best bet is to be there just as the sale starts.

twitchyzero 11-19-2012 11:39 AM

last i heard wal-mart isn't doing anything big this year because of the strike

Manic! 11-19-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqin (Post 8085111)
It's not actually as bad as the videos posted above... I'd say it's pretty worth while, my friends and I went down last year and snagged a brand new 50' Sony flat screen TV from wal-mart for just around $500 USD.

Should have waited a year and got it for $299.:lawl:

mqin 11-19-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8085116)
last i heard wal-mart isn't doing anything big this year because of the strike

oh that sucks :S.... i loved their deals! hahah

and to op: I guess just do your research and see if there is anything that u'd be willing to make the trip for, because that's what my friends and I did. Which ended up going pretty well.

skiiipi 11-19-2012 11:49 AM

I went the last 4 years
Usually to portland.
Salem to be exact (little past portland to not compete w/ all the Washington resident that crosses state lines for tax savings)

We start lining up usually Thursday morning, and hit best buy first, then go to the outlet, and then the mall.

Usually the best savings for me are the small xmas presents.
I usually spend $500+ at toyrus buying all the gifts for my friend's kids.
The outlet usually have some pretty good deals too.
I don't bother for the BIG door crashers, like the $299 samsung TV lastyear, which people started to line up on monday for.
But last year I got PS3 for $199.99, 3 Bluray players for $50 each (toshiba), Sonicare Toothbrush for $20, Shark Steamvac $20
A bunch of blurays for $5 each.

Too bad I can't go this year due to work obligations
Posted via RS Mobile

gilly 11-19-2012 12:50 PM

online.

sam0m0 11-19-2012 01:14 PM

reading article other day, thought walmart was starting the sale 8 PM Thursday, to avoid the friday strike.

Also some prices for various stores here.

All the Black Friday Deals: 2012

GLOW 11-19-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0m0 (Post 8085202)
reading article other day, thought walmart was starting the sale 8 PM Thursday, to avoid the friday strike.

Also some prices for various stores here.

All the Black Friday Deals: 2012

came in there thinking wow almost a page in and not 1 link to any sales :ahwow:

CorneringArtist 11-19-2012 01:45 PM

Im waiting on Cyber Monday for wheels :fullofwin:
Posted via RS Mobile

LSF22 11-19-2012 01:55 PM

Global did a mini report on black friday today.... people took vacay days off and are already starting to line up outside best buy....

GLOW 11-19-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8085233)
Im waiting on Cyber Monday for wheels :fullofwin:
Posted via RS Mobile

i'm picturing your avatar as you say that :lawl:

BaoTurbo 11-19-2012 02:35 PM

So if I have to work I don't know how I even going to get to look at Black Friday sales :pokerface:. Well this sucks

BigTrollFace 11-19-2012 04:09 PM

Benz_05TSX 11-19-2012 04:24 PM

Would love to see a list of all the deals available. Need to plan this stuff y0-!

areyounoob 11-19-2012 09:50 PM

I'm currently in the market for a laptop, but the only problem that I see with electronics on Black Friday/Cyber Monday is that they tend to be older machines or seem to cheap out on one of the features. Or maybe I just suck at looking at flyers..

Manic! 11-19-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8085127)
I went the last 4 years
Usually to portland.
Salem to be exact (little past portland to not compete w/ all the Washington resident that crosses state lines for tax savings)

We start lining up usually Thursday morning, and hit best buy first, then go to the outlet, and then the mall.

Usually the best savings for me are the small xmas presents.
I usually spend $500+ at toyrus buying all the gifts for my friend's kids.
The outlet usually have some pretty good deals too.
I don't bother for the BIG door crashers, like the $299 samsung TV lastyear, which people started to line up on monday for.
But last year I got PS3 for $199.99, 3 Bluray players for $50 each (toshiba), Sonicare Toothbrush for $20, Shark Steamvac $20
A bunch of blurays for $5 each.

Too bad I can't go this year due to work obligations
Posted via RS Mobile

http://viphotobooth.smugmug.com/Othe...x/0/L/P1-L.jpg

November last year local Costco. Bought 2. Then went to BB and bought to more with the 10% price beat.

Bought a Blue ray player from Walmart for $39.99.

Black Friday and Boxingday lineups are not worth it. almost froze my balls off at A/B for a tape deck and a 56k modem. The stuff on sale is stuff they usually don't carry or is old stuff they are getting rid of. Also 3 to 6 months after the sales you will find similarly priced stuff at a regular sale.

HondaGuy 11-19-2012 10:24 PM

Interested in a new led flatscreen possibly 42 or 46', will need by sometime next year. Either get it this weekend or wait for xmas? Not sure...

Hmmm... Thinking of pming bigtrollface but... Not sure about username hmmmm lol...
Posted via RS Mobile

Akinari 11-19-2012 11:05 PM

Going to build a new budget desktop with a few relatively new parts from my existing desktop. Will be waiting on NCIX this Friday...

daval 11-20-2012 12:19 AM

i am looking for a laptop for normal usage (no gaming, no video editing). I had my eye on a Samsung ultrabook before, but now it sold out at future shop. And i forgot what model was that.

It has hdmi, ssd, thin and light, maybe 13" or 15", around $600 at Lansdowne future shop. Do you guys happen to know what model is that?

knight604 11-20-2012 03:12 AM

I'm looking for ram and maybe a gaming laptop for SO.

I want a new mattress too.

AutozamAZ-3 11-23-2012 12:12 AM

Any know of any upcoming deals for supplements?
Posted via RS Mobile

Hondaracer 11-23-2012 06:20 AM

Anyone know If wholesale sports in Langley is having their sale again?
Posted via RS Mobile