REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Anyone taking hair growth products? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677395-anyone-taking-hair-growth-products.html)

Zoidberg 12-02-2012 01:57 AM

Anyone taking hair growth products?

Has anyone taken anything like rogaine etc. for a extremely minor receding hairline? I'm thinking of taking it but am not sure which dermatologist to go to. Suggestions?

Meowjin 12-02-2012 02:20 AM

hair transplant.

Eatman 12-02-2012 03:01 AM

I'm not sure of the validity to this, but my friend who's a nurse says rogaine has side effects which include man boobs... so beware.

FerrariEnzo 12-02-2012 04:51 AM

why not just shave your head? this way it wont be noticeable and will look better then having half your hair gone.. I really dont like how it looks.. this is what I would most likely do if I start having a receding hairline...

blue_noise 12-02-2012 05:12 AM

But how often do u shave it ?
Posted via RS Mobile

FerrariEnzo 12-02-2012 07:09 AM

no idea... I havent gotten to that point and not really thinking about it... haha it may help progress it just thinking about it...

Gridlock 12-02-2012 07:17 AM

Just be bald man. Cut it off, or shave it or wear a hat but don't start treating every folicle like a precious gift. It's hair. There are so many more important things.

GLOW 12-02-2012 08:17 AM

ya man i know a bunch of guys older and younger that have hair loss. they either go bald or keep it really short and clean and/or wear hats. looks good and no one ever makes a thing out of it. pretty much it's a confidence thing. have confidence like :fuckyea: and no one even notices or cares.

FerrariEnzo 12-02-2012 08:57 AM

DO NOT ever do a combover

Gnomes 12-02-2012 09:23 AM

Only a few things are effective. They are: Hair transplant, rogaine, and proprecia.

Hair transplant is expensive but permanent solution. BUT if you are in middle of losing hair (ie. you didnt lose all hair yet), do not do transplant. Imangine if you transplant your hairline but lose more hair above the transplant spot.

Rogaine - disguisting expensive thing you put in your hair. Need to continuously use it forever because once you stop, you will lose hair.

Proprecia - expensive testosterone inhibiting drug. You can buy the cheaper generic form of it (but need to cut it in quarters). Keep this drug away from women, especially pregnant woman and young girls. It will screw them over. You also need to take proprecia continuously forever.

Gridlock 12-02-2012 09:42 AM

A neighbor of ours told me once, when I saw him take his hat off(finally) and he was landing strip down the middle bald, and I was like, "wow, I didn't know you were bald" and he says, "kid, you know what testosterone is right? well, you use your testosterone to grow your hair, and I'll use mine how I see fit"

Not another word was ever spoken :)

elwell 12-02-2012 09:47 AM

my pops has reclining hair lost, to slow it down dab some honey on the area where you are losing your hair and cover it with a hat for an hour

nns 12-02-2012 10:16 AM

Does hairloss on your head mean hairloss on other parts of your body too?

Soundy 12-02-2012 10:37 AM

I don't need products for hairloss, it falls out just fine on its own.

CharlesInCharge 12-02-2012 11:40 AM

Start with buying a grounding mat (look up earthing on YouTube, Mercola has some videos on it) and eating a 70-90% fruit diet (see Dr.Morse on YouTube)

Earthing mats
Earthing products Vancouver Canada | watermatters

Soundy 12-02-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8096452)
Start with buying a grounding mat (look up earthing on YouTube, Mercola has some videos on it) and eating a 70-90% fruit diet (see Dr.Morse on YouTube)

Earthing mats
Earthing products Vancouver Canada | watermatters

And don't forget to shove crystals in your ears and nose (you may need to redesign your tinfoil hat to accommodate the ear crystals).

mr_chin 12-02-2012 12:19 PM

receding is not as bad as mpb. If you're balding at the top down, just shave it. I have receding and balding at the top and am using minoxidil for about a month now. I can see difference but maybe it placebo and they said it requires 4 month of use to notice difference. Plan b for me is shaving it. Once I do, it's fuck the world and go out and do shameless pick ups. Not that I give a shit about rejection now but it'll be down right not give a shit then.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 12-02-2012 12:27 PM

you could buy one of those laser combs that treats your scalp with heat apparently it works to some degree and its side effect free (compared to the others)

get a hair transplant

take pills (possible side effect is you dont get horny anymore)

rogaine (possible side effect is you lose hair faster, etc)

talk to your doctor

best bet is just to let it go, who cares? if you really cant live without it opt for one of the solutions that aren't filled with side effects

4444 12-02-2012 12:31 PM

age respectfully, men go bald, it's part of life

what's worse, the donald trump look (comb over), the wayne rooney look (hair transplant that doesn't look good at all, i guess add the john guy from john and kate + 8), or the cut short and clean.

certainly not the latter!

quasi 12-02-2012 12:32 PM

I have a receding hairline and I shave my head with clippers (no guard) about 3 times every 2 weeks. What you going to do, shit falls out looks better shaven then partly grown IMO. Invest in a good set of clippers as well, no some cheap pair from Costco or something get Hairdresser grade.

Sometimes I wear a hat but generally speaking a fuck could be given about my hair at this point.

Graeme S 12-02-2012 01:18 PM

I shave my head. It looks good. And I save a decent chunk of money. My head hair grows more slowly than my facial hair, and it's finer. If I want to keep my head completely smooth I'd shave maybe twice a week, but I typically just use clippers on the closest setting. It gets the job done and still looks quite decent.

Though if I've got an interview or a party or some other type of thingie going on, I'll definitely smooth down all the way.

I have two jokes:
When some of my hair decided to leave, I declared war on the rest; "If some of you are going, ALL OF YOU GO!"

"God only made so many beautiful heads. The rest, He covered in hair."

Seems to work.

Hondaracer 12-02-2012 02:06 PM

Proscar does work, and quite well. However it's use has been linked to cancer etc so I decided living without cancer was better than having hair and cancer, stopped taking it about 6 months ago, still looks alright but has noticeably lost hair since I stopped taking it
Posted via RS Mobile

zx7rrrr 12-02-2012 02:40 PM

Fullmore Colored Hair Thickener 7.5 oz, Colored Hair Thickener, Hair Loss Concealer Free Shipping over $50, StyleBell

This stuff is magic. I usually wear a hat .i spray this stuff on if I go out somewhere formal
Posted via RS Mobile

HonestTea 12-02-2012 02:53 PM

http://frame8.loadup.ru/12/b4/764743.3.3.jpg

Presto 12-02-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestTea (Post 8096568)

Don't forget the original episode with Homer and his hair:
http://www.nicehair.org/wp-content/u...pside_down.jpg