REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 12-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Weird electrical/battery problem?

So my mom's Acura CSX (2008) wouldn't start up one day - took a look under the hood, and the positive battery terminal was covered in blue foam. Battery was leaking, I guess - so I jump started it and took it to the dealer. They recommended a battery replacement due to age so we did it. This was on Saturday.

The car was fine the next few days, but this morning my mom told me that she couldn't start the car - it wouldn't turn over at all, and seemed to lose electrical power when she turned the key to the "ON" position. I had already left for school so I couldn't test it myself. When I got home and tried to start the car, it cranked up perfectly on the first twist. Weird!

My guess is that the cold/wet has something to do with it? It wasn't that cold this morning though and the battery is brand new, so there should not have been any problems....

Any other suggestions? I will be swapping cars with Mom tomorrow and keeping my jumper pack in the trunk in case something happens. If it does happen again, I will bring the car to the dealer and have them look at it - obviously, replacing the battery didn't solve the problem.
Advertisement
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Blue stuff on the battery terminals is normal battery corrosion. All you need is a toothbrush, water, and baking soda to offset the acidity.

How to Clean Car Battery Terminals | Cleaning Guides

Check to see if the battery terminals are on tight. IIRC, factory Honda battery post are sometimes a tad smaller than the clamps. So if they are not properly tightened, you may not have a good connection between the car and battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

New battery shouldnt be doing that, make sure its tight and if it continues maybe test your alternator
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Make sure you have good clean connections
BMAKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

could be alternator or dizzy
EastVan is offline   Reply With Quote