REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
With any needles around, if your going vigilante, be really careful because the last thing you want is getting whatever they've got.

I'd actually agree with the M80 idea. Fuck mace, go get a box of bearscares, a big roll of wick, and next time they're there, light afew and toss them about 4-5' away from them. They'll definitely get the point REALLY quick.
Advertisement
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #27
R&R
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
With any needles around, if your going vigilante, be really careful because the last thing you want is getting whatever they've got.

I'd actually agree with the M80 idea. Fuck mace, go get a box of bearscares, a big roll of wick, and next time they're there, light afew and toss them about 4-5' away from them. They'll definitely get the point REALLY quick.
I can lend you my m80 launcher so you can hit them from a distance LOL
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
if dirty needles are being left behind its definitely a concern.

try writing the mayor with your concerns. also try contacting media outlets and expressing your concern over the lack of support from law enforcement personnel.

lastly, you may need to beef up the access control in the area somehow to keep those folks out. higher fences, locked gates, etc etc
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&R View Post
I can lend you my POTATO launcher so you can hit them from a distance LOL

fixed
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #30
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
1) Buy a ton of crack rocks -- I'm talking 2-300
2) Make a line of crack rocks on the ground leading from the area where they shoot up to under a giant box
3) Prop a box up with a stick, with a rope tied to the stick
4) Wait until they follow the trail of crack rocks underneath the box and BAM! Pull the string

Done. You've caught yourself some junkies.

This approach worked with a few pesky bunny wabbits i had running around my yard. This shouldn't be too different
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Kinda reminds me of my neighbors in my apartment complex.. Estranged couple, a rather abusive boyfriend and they have shouting matches so loud you can hear them from outside the building. Every other night they light up a joint and it stinks up the whole lobby/hallway area where you get into your suite.. There's a rather young family that lives in the same building as me so they complain, but it keeps happening. My complex manager's warned them a couple times about the stuff they're doing and they're on the verge of being kicked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
This. Be sure to record it
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #32
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

the mosquito alarm thing seems cool, i don't know if the other resident will go for it.
blue_noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #33
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
make a rock out of rat poison and leave in it a little baggy in the door well, hopefully they shoot it

Also you dont have to directly bear mase them, but if not many ppl use the spot where they hang out just buy some bear mace and mace the shit out of the area, that shit lingers forever and the last thing u want is to stick around there
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_noise View Post
the mosquito alarm thing seems cool, i don't know if the other resident will go for it.
i think as long as they're inside it should affect them. only people within close proximity should be affected (i.e. those people in the stairwell)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #35

or maybe just bear mace them and not call the police.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_noise View Post
or maybe just bear mace them and not call the police.
again. assault with a weapon. meaning you get in trouble not the crack heads on your stair case.

find some other way dude.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #37

how about get a hose and spray them lol
Old 12-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #38
Survivor MOD

that would probably be fine actually....

cold water from the hose at night time... might actually cause them to freeze to death

not sure what sort of legal ramifications it would have but i dont think any judge would charge you with assault (dont quote me on that).

it'd be hilarious if there were sprinklers on a timer in that area and they turned on at the hours that the crack heads are there.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #39

they come at least once a week mostly after people go to sleep. so basically i can't do much about them except call the police. the police is never around when you need them
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #40
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
mosquito alarms only works on young people or people with very good hearing. Here the sound here. Mosquito Ringtones - Download the Mosquito Ring Tone Free

I would install some real bright flood lights and put some signs up and tell the tenants to call the manager and the cops when ever they see something happening.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #41
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
pot of boiling oil
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #42
I am Hook'd on RS

can i ask what makes this stairway area so attractive to these addicts? i know it's a hard question to answer but my angle is if you find out what's attracting them to come here and shoot em up, then you just need to take out that factor/element to make them go away.

any clues/ideas as to why they come here in the first place?
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #43
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
IMO.

T4 - It's not uncommon for a person to be charged with assault for spraying another person with a garden hose.

1. Bear Mace - assault with a weapon.

2. Water House - assault.

3. Water House (likely event, victims die of hypothermia) - manslaughter.

If you don't want them chilling out there, install a gate and remove access.

The call will never be a high priority for police, because no one is in immediate danger.

The police will never make a serious effort to prevent the people from using the area, because all that would achieve is displacing the problem to another stair well to no real effect.

Homelessness is a reality of life in large population centers, accept it, or move to the country.

To be quite honest, your concern over dirty needless is warranted, but your desire to bear mace a group of people doing you no immediate harm affords you less respect than the addicts, in my eyes. A better solution would be taking a stroll through the area in the morning to ensure no needles have been left behind, and disposing of them in a sharps container.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #44
Survivor MOD

"hose"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
IMO.

T4 - It's not uncommon for a person to be charged with assault for spraying another person with a garden hose.

1. Bear Mace - assault with a weapon.

2. Water House - assault.

3. Water House (likely event, victims die of hypothermia) - manslaughter.

If you don't want them chilling out there, install a gate and remove access.

The call will never be a high priority for police, because no one is in immediate danger.

The police will never make a serious effort to prevent the people from using the area, because all that would achieve is displacing the problem to another stair well to no real effect.

Homelessness is a reality of life in large population centers, accept it, or move to the country.

To be quite honest, your concern over dirty needless is warranted, but your desire to bear mace a group of people doing you no immediate harm affords you less respect than the addicts, in my eyes. A better solution would be taking a stroll through the area in the morning to ensure no needles have been left behind, and disposing of them in a sharps container.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #45
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
call 911 and say you are hearing people trying to break in??? they will be there quick!!!!!
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_mapetite View Post
can i ask what makes this stairway area so attractive to these addicts? i know it's a hard question to answer but my angle is if you find out what's attracting them to come here and shoot em up, then you just need to take out that factor/element to make them go away.

any clues/ideas as to why they come here in the first place?
Well I live near Edmund station. The stair case provides shelter for them. The drug dealer uses the area to deal. I can't really put a gate to the stair because they just jump over it. I told my coworker about it. My boss said just go during night and paintball the addict. It's getting ridiculous that Everytime I open the door to the stairway I have to listen for people on the other side. I think next time if I hear people I am just gonna call 911. So they wouldn't flee.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #47
I am Hook'd on RS

have you told the police when you spoke to them that drug dealers use the area to deal? i've looked at the picture you posted and removing shelter doesn't seem like an option, can't you put a gate that's high enough so they can't jump over it?

otherwise like someone mentioned, go to the media. try sending your story to cbc investigates
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #48
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Blast some Justin Bieber

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #49
HELP ME PLS!!!

1. Motion sensors with bright ass lights. No one likes getting high like it was bright as day.
2. Setup loud speakers with white noise, or some high pitched annoying sound. Like Dan mentioned... the Biebs.

3. Kidnap two of the junkies, store them in your basement for a couple days. Cut off the fingers of one and make the other one watch. Let them loose to spread word that you're not to be fucked with.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #50
I don't get it

steal their drugs.

this is what i did to some punks who used the back corner of my townhouse complex to smoke weed. walked upto them, grabbed the 3 kids by their shrts, took pics of all their faces, and then took their drugs. told them if i ever saw them again, i would take their drugs again and kick their ass. they havent been back in 2 mons
Cassijon is offline   Reply With Quote