REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   people shooting drugs on my townhouse complex. what to do? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677682-people-shooting-drugs-my-townhouse-complex-what-do.html)

blue_noise 12-08-2012 12:48 PM

people shooting drugs on my townhouse complex. what to do?

hello people of revscene. there these drug addicts who always use one of the stairway on our property as a place to shoot drugs. we caught them so many times in the last 2 year. the police never been able to catch them or arrive on time. we caught them under security camera. is there anything to do about them. we made threats and called the police. nothing seems to work. they are on private property, is it legal for me to bear mace them and then call the police. any input appreciated.

H.Specter 12-08-2012 12:53 PM

Day 1: I have tried every browser at my disposal and it blows my mind because the pics just refuse to load.

Day 2: I have concluded that I must have received some sort of virus through my email. I have canceled all email accounts and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Pics still not loading.

Day 3: I'm running out of options here. There must be some glitch in the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Operating System. Thanks Bill Gates. Switching to MAC OS X maybe this will prove effective.

Day 4: MAC OS X installation complete. I'm drawing a blank here. Pics still won't load. After ruling out software errors, I am convinced that there must be some lingering mechanical failure in my system. I have placed an order to newegg for rush delivery of a new Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. Will give this another shot tomorrow.

Day 5: Harddrive has arrived and has been installed. To no avail, the pictures will not load. I have not shaved or showered in a week. My clothes stink. I have lost my job...all because these confounded pictures will not load. I'm done with the whole electronics thing. I will be moving into an Amish community and this will be my last update on this issue. Good luck and good riddance.

knight604 12-08-2012 12:57 PM

Not sure if Harvey Specter is in right thread or not.

Guess you arent the best closer in town.

:troll:

blue_noise 12-08-2012 01:00 PM

stop hijacking my thread

vafanculo 12-08-2012 01:37 PM

1. Beat the living shit out of them
2. Threaten them to never come back again
3. Call the cops and say they attacked you
4. 4 won't be needed. That should fix your problem
Posted via RS Mobile

Drow 12-08-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Specter (Post 8102009)
Day 1: I have tried every browser at my disposal and it blows my mind because the pics just refuse to load.

Day 2: I have concluded that I must have received some sort of virus through my email. I have canceled all email accounts and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Pics still not loading.

Day 3: I'm running out of options here. There must be some glitch in the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Operating System. Thanks Bill Gates. Switching to MAC OS X maybe this will prove effective.

Day 4: MAC OS X installation complete. I'm drawing a blank here. Pics still won't load. After ruling out software errors, I am convinced that there must be some lingering mechanical failure in my system. I have placed an order to newegg for rush delivery of a new Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. Will give this another shot tomorrow.

Day 5: Harddrive has arrived and has been installed. To no avail, the pictures will not load. I have not shaved or showered in a week. My clothes stink. I have lost my job...all because these confounded pictures will not load. I'm done with the whole electronics thing. I will be moving into an Amish community and this will be my last update on this issue. Good luck and good riddance.

ur trying too hard

ToneCapone 12-08-2012 02:54 PM

@H.Specter: As Mr. Hardman... Didn't I relocate you to the 46th floor? :dead:

I wish our city had a removal service like Ghostbusters but for junkies. lol

The police wont do anything with the security footage? They should be able to ban them from the area..

DiiCii 12-08-2012 08:39 PM

my friend let his pitbull loose on a crack head that was snooping around his backyard last night.. just hope the addict wasn't diseased:heckno:

but if they've been returning frequently for the last 2 years, why not do something more effective about it? if i were you, i would've maced them long ago LOL

hal0g0dv2 12-08-2012 08:47 PM

mustard gas

dlo 12-08-2012 08:49 PM

offer em free blow but its actuallys rat poison :ilied:

T4RAWR 12-08-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_noise (Post 8102003)
hello people of revscene. there these drug addicts who always use one of the stairway on our property as a place to shoot drugs. we caught them so many times in the last 2 year. the police never been able to catch them or arrive on time. we caught them under security camera. is there anything to do about them. we made threats and called the police. nothing seems to work. they are on private property, is it legal for me to bear mace them and then call the police. any input appreciated.

ok.

before i can help answer this; a few questions.

are you the building manager or property owner?

what sort of access control is in place for the stairway on your property?

use of bear mace against anything other than an animal would most likely land you an assault charge as well as possession of a prohibited weapon. usually when you purchase bear mace legally you are required to sign a waiver saying you will not use bear mace against people as such use would carry consequences (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadi...al_Law/Weapons). if you bear mace the drug addicts and call the police the only person being taken away will be you.

inv4zn 12-08-2012 11:36 PM

Did you call 911 or the non-emergency line?

This happened to me once, I was driving into my underground lot and saw 2 junkies cooking. Called non-emergency around midnight, and cop showed up around 2am :facepalm:

Are you the building manager or just a resident?

blue_noise 12-09-2012 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=T4RAWR;8102410]ok.

before i can help answer this; a few questions.

are you the building manager or property owner?

what sort of access control is in place for the stairway on your property?

I m the property owner. There is really very little control. Only security camera, no lock gate. Few sign of private property. The door to the parkade is locked. So they just cook right outside the door. Blocking the stairway. They are really despicable. If you tell them to leave they will even try to start argument with you. I called 911 at least 5 times in the last year.
Posted via RS Mobile

finbar 12-09-2012 08:32 AM

Ask them if they have discovered the word of our lord.
Go for the old testament stuff, work up a good lather, rant a bit too.
A vid of the action would be nice.

This worked great on the unappetizing hooker that hopped into my car and refused to leave.

T4RAWR 12-09-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_noise (Post 8102560)
I m the property owner. There is really very little control. Only security camera, no lock gate. Few sign of private property. The door to the parkade is locked. So they just cook right outside the door. Blocking the stairway. They are really despicable. If you tell them to leave they will even try to start argument with you. I called 911 at least 5 times in the last year.
Posted via RS Mobile

could you take a picture of the stairway and the area they're shooting up?

right now it seems like access control systems would be the best bet. also, i would be concerned about dirty needles being left around the area.

inv4zn 12-09-2012 09:56 AM

Install some heaters or very bright lights or something there that won't affect people walking through but will make it very unpleasant for people to stay there.

If possible, as T4RAWR mentioned, just block off access to the area. I'm sure if you explain to the tenants there are junkies leaving used needles around they'd agree in a heartbeat.

Drow 12-09-2012 10:58 AM

if law enforcement isnt helping youre gonna have to take the matter in your own hands. hire some thugs to keep em out

GLOW 12-09-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8102596)
Install some heaters or very bright lights or something there that won't affect people walking through but will make it very unpleasant for people to stay there.

i'm thinking if that route is taken better them them vandal-proofed.

Greenstoner 12-09-2012 01:27 PM

they said "be friends with the enemies"

you make friends and shoot with them, then tell them the best place to shoot is actually downtown eastside.

hopefully that will help

sean_latte 12-09-2012 02:36 PM

The best thing to do is sneak up and put a M80 near them & watch them run !

XTC_604_DKNY 12-09-2012 03:01 PM

you should bring up to the building that this is happening and maybe see if the building can chip in with a deterrent.

One of Hotels my company manages in Edmonton used to have a problem with teen crime and drug addicts, so what they did was add a noise deterrent.

Its a mosquito buzzing noise that deters people from loitering around.

I dont know which the hotel is using, but I searched google and first thing the came up was this: Mosquito Device Anti Loitering

It has worked dramatically for the hotel, so I hope this might help you as well.

blue_noise 12-09-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8102583)
could you take a picture of the stairway and the area they're shooting up?

right now it seems like access control systems would be the best bet. also, i would be concerned about dirty needles being left around the area.

http://imgur.com/dmUUJ

here is a view of the stair case leading to the parkade. they loiter right infront of door way down the stair case.

jcmaz 12-09-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTC_604_DKNY (Post 8102762)
you should bring up to the building that this is happening and maybe see if the building can chip in with a deterrent.

One of Hotels my company manages in Edmonton used to have a problem with teen crime and drug addicts, so what they did was add a noise deterrent.

Its a mosquito buzzing noise that deters people from loitering around.

I dont know which the hotel is using, but I searched google and first thing the came up was this: Mosquito Device Anti Loitering

It has worked dramatically for the hotel, so I hope this might help you as well.

That reminds me of when I went to Seattle. There was an apartment that played old classical opera where people would loiter. Maybe this might work for you as well!

T4RAWR 12-09-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_noise (Post 8102845)
http://imgur.com/dmUUJ

here is a view of the stair case leading to the parkade. they loiter right infront of door way down the stair case.

are there any motion lights installed? are there any ways to restrict access?

blue_noise 12-10-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8103005)
are there any motion lights installed? are there any ways to restrict access?

There is light all the time. But they come during the night and sometime during the day. They leave coffee cup and needles behind. They really have some balls. Kinda wana put on a mask and do some vigilante stuff.
Posted via RS Mobile