REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

people shooting drugs on my townhouse complex. what to do?

hello people of revscene. there these drug addicts who always use one of the stairway on our property as a place to shoot drugs. we caught them so many times in the last 2 year. the police never been able to catch them or arrive on time. we caught them under security camera. is there anything to do about them. we made threats and called the police. nothing seems to work. they are on private property, is it legal for me to bear mace them and then call the police. any input appreciated.
Advertisement
blue_noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Day 1: I have tried every browser at my disposal and it blows my mind because the pics just refuse to load.

Day 2: I have concluded that I must have received some sort of virus through my email. I have canceled all email accounts and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Pics still not loading.

Day 3: I'm running out of options here. There must be some glitch in the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Operating System. Thanks Bill Gates. Switching to MAC OS X maybe this will prove effective.

Day 4: MAC OS X installation complete. I'm drawing a blank here. Pics still won't load. After ruling out software errors, I am convinced that there must be some lingering mechanical failure in my system. I have placed an order to newegg for rush delivery of a new Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. Will give this another shot tomorrow.

Day 5: Harddrive has arrived and has been installed. To no avail, the pictures will not load. I have not shaved or showered in a week. My clothes stink. I have lost my job...all because these confounded pictures will not load. I'm done with the whole electronics thing. I will be moving into an Amish community and this will be my last update on this issue. Good luck and good riddance.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Not sure if Harvey Specter is in right thread or not.

Guess you arent the best closer in town.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #4

stop hijacking my thread
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
1. Beat the living shit out of them
2. Threaten them to never come back again
3. Call the cops and say they attacked you
4. 4 won't be needed. That should fix your problem
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
Day 1: I have tried every browser at my disposal and it blows my mind because the pics just refuse to load.

Day 2: I have concluded that I must have received some sort of virus through my email. I have canceled all email accounts and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Pics still not loading.

Day 3: I'm running out of options here. There must be some glitch in the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Operating System. Thanks Bill Gates. Switching to MAC OS X maybe this will prove effective.

Day 4: MAC OS X installation complete. I'm drawing a blank here. Pics still won't load. After ruling out software errors, I am convinced that there must be some lingering mechanical failure in my system. I have placed an order to newegg for rush delivery of a new Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. Will give this another shot tomorrow.

Day 5: Harddrive has arrived and has been installed. To no avail, the pictures will not load. I have not shaved or showered in a week. My clothes stink. I have lost my job...all because these confounded pictures will not load. I'm done with the whole electronics thing. I will be moving into an Amish community and this will be my last update on this issue. Good luck and good riddance.
ur trying too hard
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

@H.Specter: As Mr. Hardman... Didn't I relocate you to the 46th floor?

I wish our city had a removal service like Ghostbusters but for junkies. lol

The police wont do anything with the security footage? They should be able to ban them from the area..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
my friend let his pitbull loose on a crack head that was snooping around his backyard last night.. just hope the addict wasn't diseased

but if they've been returning frequently for the last 2 years, why not do something more effective about it? if i were you, i would've maced them long ago LOL

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
mustard gas
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
offer em free blow but its actuallys rat poison
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #11
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_noise View Post
hello people of revscene. there these drug addicts who always use one of the stairway on our property as a place to shoot drugs. we caught them so many times in the last 2 year. the police never been able to catch them or arrive on time. we caught them under security camera. is there anything to do about them. we made threats and called the police. nothing seems to work. they are on private property, is it legal for me to bear mace them and then call the police. any input appreciated.
ok.

before i can help answer this; a few questions.

are you the building manager or property owner?

what sort of access control is in place for the stairway on your property?

use of bear mace against anything other than an animal would most likely land you an assault charge as well as possession of a prohibited weapon. usually when you purchase bear mace legally you are required to sign a waiver saying you will not use bear mace against people as such use would carry consequences (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadi...al_Law/Weapons). if you bear mace the drug addicts and call the police the only person being taken away will be you.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
Did you call 911 or the non-emergency line?

This happened to me once, I was driving into my underground lot and saw 2 junkies cooking. Called non-emergency around midnight, and cop showed up around 2am

Are you the building manager or just a resident?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #13

[QUOTE=T4RAWR;8102410]ok.

before i can help answer this; a few questions.

are you the building manager or property owner?

what sort of access control is in place for the stairway on your property?

I m the property owner. There is really very little control. Only security camera, no lock gate. Few sign of private property. The door to the parkade is locked. So they just cook right outside the door. Blocking the stairway. They are really despicable. If you tell them to leave they will even try to start argument with you. I called 911 at least 5 times in the last year.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Ask them if they have discovered the word of our lord.
Go for the old testament stuff, work up a good lather, rant a bit too.
A vid of the action would be nice.

This worked great on the unappetizing hooker that hopped into my car and refused to leave.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
Survivor MOD

Quote:
I m the property owner. There is really very little control. Only security camera, no lock gate. Few sign of private property. The door to the parkade is locked. So they just cook right outside the door. Blocking the stairway. They are really despicable. If you tell them to leave they will even try to start argument with you. I called 911 at least 5 times in the last year.
Posted via RS Mobile
could you take a picture of the stairway and the area they're shooting up?

right now it seems like access control systems would be the best bet. also, i would be concerned about dirty needles being left around the area.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
Install some heaters or very bright lights or something there that won't affect people walking through but will make it very unpleasant for people to stay there.

If possible, as T4RAWR mentioned, just block off access to the area. I'm sure if you explain to the tenants there are junkies leaving used needles around they'd agree in a heartbeat.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
if law enforcement isnt helping youre gonna have to take the matter in your own hands. hire some thugs to keep em out
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Install some heaters or very bright lights or something there that won't affect people walking through but will make it very unpleasant for people to stay there.
i'm thinking if that route is taken better them them vandal-proofed.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
they said "be friends with the enemies"

you make friends and shoot with them, then tell them the best place to shoot is actually downtown eastside.

hopefully that will help
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

The best thing to do is sneak up and put a M80 near them & watch them run !
sean_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #21
RS Operative (G)

you should bring up to the building that this is happening and maybe see if the building can chip in with a deterrent.

One of Hotels my company manages in Edmonton used to have a problem with teen crime and drug addicts, so what they did was add a noise deterrent.

Its a mosquito buzzing noise that deters people from loitering around.

I dont know which the hotel is using, but I searched google and first thing the came up was this: Mosquito Device Anti Loitering

It has worked dramatically for the hotel, so I hope this might help you as well.
2016 Golf R | Stock

my buyer/seller ratings 6-0-0
XTC_604_DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
could you take a picture of the stairway and the area they're shooting up?

right now it seems like access control systems would be the best bet. also, i would be concerned about dirty needles being left around the area.

here is a view of the stair case leading to the parkade. they loiter right infront of door way down the stair case.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC_604_DKNY View Post
you should bring up to the building that this is happening and maybe see if the building can chip in with a deterrent.

One of Hotels my company manages in Edmonton used to have a problem with teen crime and drug addicts, so what they did was add a noise deterrent.

Its a mosquito buzzing noise that deters people from loitering around.

I dont know which the hotel is using, but I searched google and first thing the came up was this: Mosquito Device Anti Loitering

It has worked dramatically for the hotel, so I hope this might help you as well.
That reminds me of when I went to Seattle. There was an apartment that played old classical opera where people would loiter. Maybe this might work for you as well!
jcmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
Survivor MOD

Quote:

here is a view of the stair case leading to the parkade. they loiter right infront of door way down the stair case.
are there any motion lights installed? are there any ways to restrict access?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
are there any motion lights installed? are there any ways to restrict access?
There is light all the time. But they come during the night and sometime during the day. They leave coffee cup and needles behind. They really have some balls. Kinda wana put on a mask and do some vigilante stuff.
Posted via RS Mobile