REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Love is way too difficult sometimes

The following is an anonymous post. If the original poster would like to reply to any comments, please PM me

Maybe I just have to get this off my chest and tell someone so I need to do this.

I have had a fantastic relationship for the last two years with a girl I met and things have always been easy. I love spending time with her and If someone asked if I could see myself in the future marrying her I would say yes.

However, I`m starting to come to terms that I am still and have always been in love with one of my closest girlfriends. Its been about 10 years since I had this feeling in my heart that we were meant to be with each other. Throughout that time she was always in long term relationships with one or two of my friends and some others I did not really know. I never felt a major sense of urgency or jealousy to act on my feelings. There were obviously nights that I can remember going home feeling shitty as I would stare at her before I`d leave.

I even spent a couple weeks with her and some friends when I went back packing and while somewhere locked away in my feelings that I was in love I never felt the need to go for it.

We have kissed and made out a handful of times. Recently, she has been dating a lot, but has sent me some messages about how confused she is with us. She`s told my best friend that she has thought a lot about us and wants to at least try having a relationship with me.

We hung out yesterday during the day and had a great time. My girlfriends was away for New Years with her family. At our new years party she brought some guy she started dating and I realized at the end of the night that everything is starting to bottle up inside me and is tearing me apart.

Even though we have never been together, this is the girl that I want to be the mother of my children. My biggest fear is that I break up with my girlfriend, date this girl and if it does not work I know the feelings I`d have if she moved on after. I used to get this feeling in the pit of my stomach when I`d see her with other guys and if our relationship failed, I fear what it would do to me having her as not even a friend, because I don`t think I could go back to just being friends after.

I feel like I have just needed to get this off my chest, so thanks for revscene for offering this wonderful service!

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

whoa chill on the stuff about the marriage or tat shes going to be the mother of your kids...

Since you have so much feelings and really want to be with her, I doubt you would want to keep staying as friends with her. Tell her you want to be with her.

You only live once, so go and be straight up to her, let her know how you feel. You would never know how you guys would be like. Its a risk but take it since you never felt this way before.

Dump your current gf, I am sure you are losing feelings for her or have more feelings with the other one. Its not very good to have her around while you have feelings for another girl.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
you already know what to do op, do what feels right..
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
if I were you and you have the opportunity, I would roll the dice on the new one.

this is bad advice but..... "fortune favors the bold"
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #5

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
People tend to want what they can't have. It's a shame.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I kind of went through a similar situation.

I was with a guy for a very long time, but always had this friend who I always felt there was potential with. I am not one for cheating so nothing ever happened, but there was always this feeling when I was around the friend. When my relationship with my bf was in a bad place, I would always think of this friend. I thought several times (and attempted a few) about breaking up with the bf, never specifically to date my friend, but because our relationship just wasn't working.

I never wanted that friend to be the reason we broke up and I never wanted to jump from one relationship to another, so I pushed those feelings aside and continued to be with the bf. Well, years turned into more years and the feelings for my friend NEVER went away and, if anything, grew more. I found it harder and harder to breakup with my bf as there was no CLEAR reason to. Yes, the relationship was 'meh', the sex was bad, the connection was slipping, etc but I figured that happens after a while. Its like a frog in boiling water...when it happens slowly over time, you don't notice it.

The relationship came to a crashing stop through his actions and I was 'free'. My friend was obviously aware of the situation and had decided to confess his feelings for me. It was overwhelming....and amazing! We have been together since and it is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I never knew I could love someone this much.

We joke some times about how "we should have done this years ago"....but, would it have been this good? Would we still be together? Would it have worked if I dumped my bf 'for him'? Would it have been a good idea to start a relationship like that?

Who knows....but I don't regret staying with my ex for so long. What happened happened and maybe it was meant to happen this way. Maybe we would not have been ready for a serious relationship with each other years ago.

I don't know what advice I am really offering here, but I would caution you on breaking up with your current girl for another. Your feelings of guilt may affect your relationship with the friend....it may put too much pressure on a new relationship, etc.

I think, if you do not see a future, you should end it with your gf. End it for that reason, and only that reason. It will leave you in a good place to start something new. Also, if it does not work with your friend, you won't be second guessing the break-up....if there was no future, the end was inevitable regardless of your friend.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

I was with a guy for a very long time, but always had this friend who I always felt there was potential with. I am not one for cheating so nothing ever happened, but there was always this feeling when I was around the friend. When my relationship with my bf was in a bad place, I would always think of this friend. I thought several times (and attempted a few) about breaking up with the bf, never specifically to date my friend, but because our relationship just wasn't working.

I never wanted that friend to be the reason we broke up and I never wanted to jump from one relationship to another, so I pushed those feelings aside and continued to be with the bf. Well, years turned into more years and the feelings for my friend NEVER went away and, if anything, grew more. I found it harder and harder to breakup with my bf as there was no CLEAR reason to. Yes, the relationship was 'meh', the sex was bad, the connection was slipping, etc but I figured that happens after a while. Its like a frog in boiling water...when it happens slowly over time, you don't notice it.

The relationship came to a crashing stop through his actions and I was 'free'. My friend was obviously aware of the situation and had decided to confess his feelings for me. It was overwhelming....and amazing! We have been together since and it is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I never knew I could love someone this much.

We joke some times about how "we should have done this years ago"....but, would it have been this good? Would we still be together? Would it have worked if I dumped my bf 'for him'? Would it have been a good idea to start a relationship like that?

Who knows....but I don't regret staying with my ex for so long. What happened happened and maybe it was meant to happen this way. Maybe we would not have been ready for a serious relationship with each other years ago.

I don't know what advice I am really offering here, but I would caution you on breaking up with your current girl for another. Your feelings of guilt may affect your relationship with the friend....it may put too much pressure on a new relationship, etc.

I think, if you do not see a future, you should end it with your gf. End it for that reason, and only that reason. It will leave you in a good place to start something new. Also, if it does not work with your friend, you won't be second guessing the break-up....if there was no future, the end was inevitable regardless of your friend.
I'm glad you hooked up with that guy. Word on the street is he's pretty fucking awesome. And your ex is a douche canoe.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Life is meant to take chances and if you take them it will mean that much more. I honestly think go for your friend and take that leap. Do you really want to go through life wondering what if? The person you should be with should also be your best friend and it seems like you have that with her so do what you know is right in your heart.

I'm in the same situation as well but I know she doesn't have feeling toward me like that(I think anyways)which I respect and all I want her for her to be happy. I do envy you for having this opportunity but just don't let it go because once you do it will be lost forever.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I'm glad you hooked up with that guy. Word on the street is he's pretty fucking awesome. And your ex is a douche canoe.
Hmmm clever
saint16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Go for it.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #11

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
If I had a nickel everytime I read a variation of this . . .
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #12

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Go with your feelings. Nobody on the this forum or in the world can tell you anything more than what your feelings says.

If you do, you might live knowing that you've tried, but might also live with regret that you did.

Tough situation.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you do want to end it with your current girlfriend, just like what Dinosaur said, make sure to have to reason to do so, and not solely for this other girl. You will feel a lot less guilty in the long run.
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
If I had a nickel everytime I read a variation of this . . .
You'd have like a free quarter!

The story may be old, but I think its more helpful than "smoke weed", "lift and work out" or any combination of the work "alpha" or "beta"
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #15

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
^
No hard feelings. It's just funny that I know what she was going to say before she even said it.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I think it is important to identify this 'feeling' you have for your friend. In reality we often want and desire what we can't have.

Could your friend's perfect gf/wife image be just an imagination of what you THINK would be like to have a relationship with her?

Given that she doesn't seem to be able to keep a long term relationship at this point; could you really be the one that could tie her down?

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote