REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
People who don't like dogs

What are some of the characteristics you find in these people?

I'm not talking about people who have had bad experience, allergic, or scared of them. I'm talking about people who just aren't dog people.

I find that these people...

- doesn't like giving attention
- not very outgoing in terms of expressing feelings
- not very opinionated
- dislike children misbehaving (acting all wild and running around)
- dislike doing favors for people
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
My mom doesn't like dogs and the only accurate one is the misbehaving children. And NO ONE in their right mind likes misbehaving children. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Most people that 'dislike' dogs are actually afraid of them because of some incident or other context.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Typically very stubborn, intolerant, and close minded to the point where I think they have some kind of deeply rooted issue, be it self-esteem or a bad childhood. They enjoy pity parties and drawing attention to themselves, be it good or bad. These people deserve a swift kick in the cooter. Dog haters are, by far, some of the worst people I have ever encountered, and I don't mean those who are allergic to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
My mom doesn't like dogs and the only accurate one is the misbehaving children. And NO ONE in their right mind likes misbehaving children. Try again.
What exactly is this supposed to mean? Dogs, like children, can be taught and disciplined. If your dog or child misbehaves, it's up to the owner or parent to straighten them out.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
lack of education. It's no different that we don't like people's pet lizzards. some people are taught to be scared of them, it does get weird if you never grew up with dogs. My aunt was jumped by a dog when she was young, hence she has resentment, and it took a long time.
some kids just aren't aware what dogs are and just afraid.... jut proper education, proper management from their owners will help to get people to love their dogs.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
I don't get it

A lot of people are scared of my snuggles he's my ball python and heeees soooo cute n snugly...
Guess its a matter of how they grew up with... I was raised in Croatia and most dogs there are strayed dogs...
Posted via RS Mobile
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:

- doesn't like giving attention
- not very outgoing in terms of expressing feelings
- not very opinionated
- dislike children misbehaving (acting all wild and running around)
- dislike doing favors for people

Thank god you're not judgmental. That might destroy your credibility.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
I don't like dogs.

Spoiler!
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
dogs don't like me

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #10

I'm not talking about people with bad experience. I'm talking about people who don't pay attention to them, don't like their mess, don't find them adorable and lovable.

I'm not trying to judge people, just trying analyze what these people have in common. So the Ne time I meet someone who don't like dogs, I would have an idea about them.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

How about the next time you meet someone, you talk to them and from there you can form your own opinions about them. Rather than judging them on their disdain for dogs.
Retrac is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
What exactly is this supposed to mean? Dogs, like children, can be taught and disciplined. If your dog or child misbehaves, it's up to the owner or parent to straighten them out.
You can't exactly control how other people raise their dogs/children. I'm not even sure what you're confused about, I said my mom doesn't like children who misbehave (as in wild and running around in public) and that it was the only accurate thing on that list. Everything else was completely inaccurate. How was that hard to understand?

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I don't like getting humped by dogs. Some people may enjoy it, but it's just not my cup of tea.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Mr butt hurt is butt hurt by people who dont like dogs, butt hurt
Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DoPeD View Post
How about the next time you meet someone, you talk to them and from there you can form your own opinions about them. Rather than judging them on their disdain for dogs.
Well yeah, but yore not gonna ask them "hey do you not like giving people attention?", like straight up questions that will make things awkward. By knowing if they love dogs, you can get an idea of the person, and then apply what you know in different circumstances to find out if it's true.

This is just a matter of discussion, I'm not asking for a lecture or to lecture others.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
You can't exactly control how other people raise their dogs/children. I'm not even sure what you're confused about, I said my mom doesn't like children who misbehave (as in wild and running around in public) and that it was the only accurate thing on that list. Everything else was completely inaccurate. How was that hard to understand?
You said NO ONE likes misbehaving children. That in itself is an extremely bold, general and unsubstantiated statement whereas you came across as imposing, especially what you said was actually how your mother feels.

And you had the audacity to tell OP to try again? Please.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #17

So you're saying there are people that enjoy having to listen and be annoyed by misbehaving children? If you have a problem with me, take it up with me in pm.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #19

Quote:
So you're saying there are people that enjoy having to listen and be annoyed by misbehaving children? If you have a problem with me, take it up with me in pm.
Not trying to take sides here. But there actually are people who don't mind loud wild children (babysitters, etc.)

Maybe I should of put "intolerant with loud wild children".
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #20
#deephouse

I don't mind annoying people on RS but still going to see it everyday.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
I don't mind annoying people on RS but still going to see it everyday.
Because you're one of them, so I guess it's okay.

If there was a follow feature on RS, you'd be my first one. It's like every thread I'm involve in, you're there getting on my ass.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
#deephouse

Because I don't get butt hurt..
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Not trying to take sides here. But there actually are people who don't mind loud wild children (babysitters, etc.)

Maybe I should of put "intolerant with loud wild children".
Posted via RS Mobile
I love dogs and I am "intolerant of loud wild children". There's a difference between normal kids running and playing and the ones who go batshit crazy and their parents just stand there acting like nothing is happening. So please explain which ones you are referring to, if you weren't referring to the batshit crazy little fucks then I apologize.

However, having been a babysitter before, I can honestly say I preferred the ones who played nicely as opposed to the ones who ran around the house screaming their heads off.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
Because I don't get butt hurt..
Huh...?

Quote:
I love dogs and I am "intolerant of loud wild children". There's a difference between normal kids running and playing and the ones who go batshit crazy and their parents just stand there acting like nothing is happening. So please explain which ones you are referring to, if you weren't referring to the batshit crazy little fucks then I apologize.

However, having been a babysitter before, I can honestly say I preferred the ones who played nicely as opposed to the ones who ran around the house screaming their heads off.
I guess I'm talking about if you're willing to deal with misbehaving children, if you're willing to take the time to calm them down, discipline them, etc. etc. Just like how you would with a dog. Some people would just rather avoid this and not enjoy the nature of having children around or playing with children. But for me, I don't mind misbehaving children, I would take the time to teach them manners and how to be nice, not to play too wild, etc. just like how I would take the time to teach a dog tricks and potty train. And so far, it seems like the people I know that don't like giving dogs attention or commit time to take care of one, they generally just don't give much attention to people around them, like ask them how they've been, how's their day, etc. They're very self-centered people.

I'm trying to tie the similarity with people who don't like dogs to people who can't put up with children.

No judging or criticizing here, just trying to see if non-dog people are the people I assume them to be.

It's like seeing if a person is into car mods and such. You can quickly tell what type of person he will be. Same goes with video games, music, etc.

Last edited by mr_chin; 01-21-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #25

Quote:

I guess I'm talking about if you're willing to deal with misbehaving children, if you're willing to take the time to calm them down, discipline them, etc. etc. Just like how you would with a dog. Some people would just rather avoid this and not enjoy the nature of having children around or playing with children. But for me, I don't mind misbehaving children, I would take the time to teach them manners and how to be nice, not to play too wild, etc. just like how I would take the time to teach a dog tricks and potty train. And so far, it seems like the people I know that don't like giving dogs attention or commit time to take care of one, they generally just don't give much attention to people around them, like ask them how they've been, how's their day, etc. They're very self-centered people.

I'm trying to tie the similarity with people who don't like dogs to people who can't put up with children.

No judging or criticizing here, just trying to see if non-dog people are the people I assume them to be.

It's like seeing if a person is into car mods and such. You can quickly tell what type of person he will be. Same goes with video games, music, etc.
Okay that's different then. The way you worded your post made it sound completely different. My apologies for misunderstanding. It came off as very critical and judgey (for lack of a better word lol).

I don't think if they like dogs or not is relevant to their personalities imo, unless they harm them.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!