REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,639 Times in 5,345 Posts
Child abuse case in Taiwan - sentence reduced WTF?

Child abuse case jail terms cut - Taipei Times

Quote:
he list of abuse included the use of a hammer to break the bridge of Wang Hao’s nose as well as his limbs, using needle-nose pliers to rip off his nails, branding the soles of his feet with red-hot iron nails, as well as forcing him to imbibe, or forcibly injecting him with, amphetamines and heroin.

Quote:
The initial ruling by the Taipei District Court, after Pan sued Liu and the other defendants, gave Liu the death sentence, Chou life imprisonment, Hsu 13 years in prison and Cheng 14 years in prison on murder charges, forceful coercion of a minor by forcefully injecting Wang with class A drugs and illegally selling drugs.

Quote:
However, the High Court said this week that although the actions of the four defendants were horrendous, Liu had instructed the others to send Wang to the hospital after discovering that Wang had overdosed on drugs and had apologized to Wang’s aunt in court.

Saying this showed that the suspects had not entirely lost their consciences, the court reduced Liu’s sentence to 30 years in jail, while Chou was given 20 years and Hsu nine. Cheng’s sentence remained unchanged at 14 years.
Honestly don't know how to react to this fucked up story... oh well
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
I don't get it

Give them all a life sentence... to be served within the general prison populatioon.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
Interesting how a simple word saved 1 guy from death, and others from years in prison.

[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,352 Times in 949 Posts
holy... and I thought Taiwan people werent as cruel as mainland china people... WTF
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
lol.

14-30 years in a taiwanese prison is worse than a 200 year prison sentence here.

after 30 years in there, it won't matter anymore. They'll be released and their lives will be destroyed. They'll probably become those beggars I see outside the night market, or worse, they'll die in prison due to health issues.

the story isn't that fucked up. I thought it would be like reduced to like 2 years or something.

14-30 years is basically life.
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
after 30 years in there, it won't matter anymore.
it would to me

Quote:
14-30 years is basically life.
if i was the family, "basically" won't cut it, i'll take "life" instead

my opinion anyway.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
Case like these require "An eye for an eye justice"
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
it would to me

if i was the family, "basically" won't cut it, i'll take "life" instead

my opinion anyway.
your opinion doesnt count. even if you were the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Case like these require "An eye for an eye justice"
no it doesn't.

lol, again, the feeling of the victims do not come into play.

what you feel they should get, doesn't matter.

like i said before... if it were up to the public or victims, we should just execute every single offender for everything. that would be hella satisfying wouldnt it?

but your satisfaction is irrelevant.

it's called the department of justice, not the department of satisfying the public/victims.
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,304 Posts
30 years is still more than what Canadian justice will consider to child abuse offenders..no?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

taiwanese people are the worst
gunz4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #11

^ agreed...cheap as hell...talk so loud...enjoys eating this tofu that stinks like crap!11
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
I keep RS good

lol i can agree we are fucking stingy when it comes to money. taiwanese are more traditionalist than any other type of chinese i've met. it's to do with the god damn japanese influence.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
I don't know Taiwanese news always seems like FOX news to me and when it comes to politics it seems like its straight out of The Onion

And if you saw the Aunt in the press conference you would probably see what I mean; it just seemed so fake, dramatized, over exaggerated

As for that sentence it seem extremely severe for a case that's probably had its details embellished as per tradition for Taiwan
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
I keep RS good

lol they should be focusing on how to help the little kid be normal again.

i can guarantee you, no matter what happens to the convicts, its not gonna stop future junkies from repeating the same mistake.

so you gotta ask yourself, if you know it wont stop future junkies from doing the same thing, why are you punishing them?

there's only one answer. for personal satisfaction.

i'm not saying im some saint.

if someone did that to my kid. i know the right thing to do is forgive them and whatever, just forget it.

but if the evil side comes out, i'd probably just shoot the fucker myself.
but then i'd go to jail... and the victims family would probably want me to get life as well, or executed.

see how it doesn't work? LOL.

plus see how i admitted... that is the EVIL side of me?

the problem i have with you guys is... you're not admitting you're being evil.
if you are... then it's fine and dandy, because then that is the perfect excuse to justify an eye for an eye or to watch someone burn.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz4hire View Post
taiwanese people are the worst
Good luck getting a single piece of electronic equipment for your home PCs if it weren't for us.

Be careful what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
^ agreed...cheap as hell...talk so loud...enjoys eating this tofu that stinks like crap!11
You have obviously never been to a dim sum restaurant. The Cantonese language is pronounced in ways that are louder by default. Heck, all Asians talk loud but you'd understand if you knew how loud daily life is in any one of those Asian cities or countries. And I for one actually love eating stinky tofu.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #16

And this is why people get banned for saying stupid racist shit. Even if it's just a little comment, it derails threads.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #17

i thought emoticon and !11 would make it look sarcastic
because I'd die for some stinky tofu right about now
Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #18

No yours was fine, it was "gunz 4 hire" that was malicious and deserving of a ban
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
30 years is still more than what Canadian justice will consider to child abuse offenders..no?
From Wednesday's Province:
Crown requests psych assessment

Quote:
"Ultimately, we're looking for an assessment to be done for the purposes of determining whether he is a long-term or dangerous offender," Poll told reporters outside court.

The designations apply to violent and sexual offenders who pose a high risk of reoffending.

A judge has the option of sentencing a dangerous offender to an indeterminate sentence behind bars - meaning they can remain in jail indefinitely - or to a long-term supervision order following the completion of a specified sentence.

Long-term offenders pose a risk of reoffending but have a reasonable possibility of being controlled in the community.
This is WRT a sexual offender, though.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,423 Times in 830 Posts
Quote:
lol they should be focusing on how to help the little kid be normal again.
Toddler died on the way to the hospital.

Part of me wishes death on these individuals. But I know it wouldn't work. And they also wouldn't be suffering enough.

I pray they get whats coming to them in prison. Raped, beat, whatever by the other inmates. Then come back out into society as ruined individuals who have to live out the rest of thier life as beggars.

I have no sympathy for them. at all.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
I keep RS good

lol i dont think you get raped in prisons in asia. that's almost purely an american thing... or a western thing.

in asia the living conditions are shitty. it's more like a concentration camp. corporal punishment is common.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Justice will be served when these guys die a slow painful death... hopefully in prison. Inject them with herion, leave them for a month to get drug sick, rinse and repeat. every time rip off a digit, finger nail, all that shit they did to the kid. But most likely, all they'll get is butt rape... maybe.

Last edited by DragonChi; 02-01-2013 at 10:59 PM.
DragonChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
lol i dont think you get raped in prisons in asia. that's almost purely an american thing... or a western thing.

in asia the living conditions are shitty. it's more like a concentration camp. corporal punishment is common.
i have family friends that have been to prison in asia and light security jails in canada. they dont rape, but they say the prisons in Asia are the worst conditions, shietty food, over-crowded, and the guards are looking for any reason to beat inmates and ensure that the inmates are scared and "obey".

Also good luck if you get sick or injured, doctors dont pick up the phones and are eager to come in to help when someone is ill.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #24
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
I'm in Taiwan right now and this shit was all over the news.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #25
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
your opinion doesnt count. even if you were the family.

no it doesn't.

lol, again, the feeling of the victims do not come into play.

what you feel they should get, doesn't matter.

like i said before... if it were up to the public or victims, we should just execute every single offender for everything. that would be hella satisfying wouldnt it?

but your satisfaction is irrelevant.

it's called the department of justice, not the department of satisfying the public/victims.

It's called and eye for an eye, not to satisfy the public/victims.
It's a measurement of justice.

The damage dealt is to the punishment exacted.

So short of torturing those men, the equivalent would be a life lost, a life served.
A life lost to murder is bad.
A life lost to torture, well, they should have the book thrown at them shouldn't they?
This post thanked by: