REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,548 Times in 1,368 Posts
Why Autobahn is safer than American highways

Better drivers - Much higher licensing standard
Better cars - High quality German cars on the road, built for high speed
Better road - extremely smooth and well maintained, no cracks like American highway
Because of high speed, drivers are focus on driving - can't eat/drink while driving
Slower cars stay on right, no right lane passing - It is strictly enforced
Don't drive slow - It is illegal to drive too slow at Autobahn

This video is shortened but still interesting watch
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Yes. We know already.


We're glad you're starting to catch up with the rest of us.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 303
Thanked 939 Times in 124 Posts
wow...were you in a coma that you ust found this out now
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
yray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PENIS
Posts: 2,609
Thanked 2,531 Times in 724 Posts
because people like timpo won't be there there????
__________________
There's a phallic symbol infront of my car

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,132
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Better cars - High quality German cars on the road, built for high speed

When I was there I was driving a rented Chevy Spark that I picked up in Prague. Driving south to Austria I dealt with too many hills to really enjoy it.

It is high quality though. Very smooth. But there are areas in the US where the interstate is equally as smooth. The reason the German highways are so well maintained is because there is far less of them so thats not really a fair comparison.
__________________
Follow Revscene on Twitter
Join Revscene on Facebook


[14-01, 13:15] GLOW older the chicken, sweeter the stirfry
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS
 
falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,402
Thanked 900 Times in 387 Posts
That's not true at all, there are tons of freeways througout Germany... It's just a smaller country and the population density is high so they actually get maintained. I really enjoyed driving on the AB, but you have to remember Germany has MUCH more strict speeding laws when off the AB. As in, you DON'T speed if you want to keep your lic. Also, the training is better.

You really can't compare it to N/A just like you can't compare transit.
__________________
FOR SALE: 14'' MR2 MK1 wheels with 90% rubber $130, FD RX7 Transmission $200, Hitch Mount Snowboard/Ski rack w/ THULE clamps, locks $200. PM me for details!

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 303
Thanked 939 Times in 124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Better cars - High quality German cars on the road, built for high speed
I had a brand new rental Mercedes E class and it broke down 15 kilometers later. yay
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
donjalapeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 4,433
Thanked 4,973 Times in 1,098 Posts
compared to our highway, the autobahn must be like driving on silk.

Fucken felt like i was riding a donkey today on highway 1
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
beproud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 375
Thanked 53 Times in 26 Posts
That's a pretty random thread eh. The autobahn's been around for years
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beproud View Post
That's a pretty random thread eh. The autobahn's been around for years
So has Timpo. Unfortunately, only one of those two has a severe lack of stupidity.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,795
Thanked 4,502 Times in 1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
wow...were you in a coma that you ust found this out now
Timpo is, and always will be in an eternal coma.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
I am grateful grapefruit
 
gars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,094
Thanked 831 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Germany has MUCH more strict speeding laws when off the AB. As in, you DON'T speed if you want to keep your lic.
This.

It's surreal driving in the city, and seeing everyone going 50. I actually found city driving much more relaxing than driving here, because everyone followed the limit. There wasn't any drama with road rage because there's the idiot who's "only" going 60, and not 65 or 70.
__________________
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net