REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Has anybody ever done this?

So long story short, I found out my gf (well now ex gf) kinda cheated on me. So I was telling the story to one of my cousins and it turns out she knows him and is willing to set up a meeting for us to talk one on one. I'm not mad at him, I don't hate him, I just wanna get some stuff off my chest and tell him that she had a bf all along. I don't expect or want him to apologize to me, it's not his fault, he didn't know. Anybody done this before? Good idea or bad? Thanks.

Blah_Teggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Are you sure that he wasn't aware that she had a BF at the time?
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
what does "kinda cheated" mean
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Don't do it....especially if he did not know she was attached. It is not worth it....trust me.

Same thing happened to me....I didn't meet her per se, but I eventually met her in a different situation. She had no clue about me....in a way, I felt bad for her.

Nothing that the guy will say will make you feel better. You will spend the entire time 'sizing him up' and picturing them fucking.

Drop the girl, let it go, and walk away with your head held high.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Get your cousin to tell him if it's simply to give him a heads up. No sane person would meet up with you without knowing your motives.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

sounds like a bad idea, what do you hope to achieve from doing so? If you say he didn't know, why involve him in stuff he probably doesn't need to know and/or doesn't care about?

If you want to get stuff of your chest, shouldn't you have talked to your ex-gf?
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #7

Thanks to everybody who replied. I don't think I was ever gonna go thru with it anyways. I'm not really too sure what talking to him will achieve. Probably nothing. This was more of my cousins idea than mine. Just needed a second opinion from the good people of RS. Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
What good could possibly come out of meeting him? At best, he didn't know you existed. At worst, he purposefully fucked your GF to piss you off.

So at best, what good could come of it? Nothing.

Get over it
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #9

I'm not gonna do it. But maybe I'm completely alone on this thinking. But if some guy came up to me and told me I stole his girl and fucked up his life for a bit, I wouldn't be mad at him for letting me know that my actions indirectly fucked someone over. But like I said, I'm not gonna confront him.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I don't think you are alone in thinking this....it flashed in my mind too when my ex cheated. I think it is just apart of the emotions that you go through when your relationship comes to a crashing halt. It sucks.

I wanted to know EVERYTHING because not know almost made my thinking more crazy. How did it happening, what happened, what does she look like, why did he do it, etc....literally every detail I wanted to analyze. Those feelings soon faded when I realized it would not change the outcome.

Regardless, sorry to hear that your gf (ex) cheated....sucks to go through...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
ive done it, who cares.

my ex cheated on me....the guy had a gf and knew i was with her to.

(this was a few years ago)

i ended up meeting him a few years later, he was on a date with a really good friend of mine. they did a few dates, we ended up doing a double date. the whole time i bit my lip and didnt say a word. once the date was over i flat out asked him why he did it. he had nothing to say...like a deer in headlights...needless to say, my friend told him to never talk or call or message her again.

he fucked up my relationship, i fucked up his. do i feel guilty? not at all, he sure the fuck didnt when he fucked up mine.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
PRINCESS

Had a similar experiences with few of my ex's.

Move on/don't bother just be glad you're not with that piece of shit.
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I'd be way more pissed at my ex than whoever guy she fucked, I'd want an explanation from her. She's the one who let him fuck her, why would he owe you an explanation?
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

I wouldn't talk to them, like everyone above said, there is no point. It's happened to me and I've talked to the girl involved and she didn't know at the time, but once she knew, she was so into him that she didn't give a rats' ass about me.
Some people will feign sympathy like "OMG I HAD NO IDEA, ARE YOU OKAY??? WHAT AN ASSHOLE/BITCH/ETC!" then you find out later that they still continued contact with the cheater........ and ain't that a bitch.

The only real reason you want to do it is probably find some closure about the situation because maybe you feel like you didn't get that with your ex. You want to find a reasonable explanation for why this happened to you so you don't turn inward and somehow manage to blame it on yourself on a cold, dark lonely eve when you miss your ex.

Here's your closure, pal:

She (kinda) cheated on you because she doesn't care about you or your feelings. He let her do it (albeit may have been unknowingly) because he doesn't know you and therefore owes you nothing. Even if you did choose to speak to him, he doesn't have to explain himself to you. If she actually respected you, if she had an issue with your relationship, she would have communicated them to you before acting out. She makes bad choices in how to deal with her relationships. You don't need that in your life and are making a good choice in moving on.
[19-07, 22:39] dinosaur i have felt up ri2 before
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #15

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'd be way more pissed at my ex than whoever guy she fucked, I'd want an explanation from her. She's the one who let him fuck her, why would he owe you an explanation?
Posted via RS Mobile
Unless the guy is your friend or someone who knows you are going out with her.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #16

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Meet him and tell him to get tested for HIV!

On a serious note, I have met the 'other man' and it didn't do any good. You'll start to wonder what this dude has that you didn't or what you did wrong to have this happen. I don't see a positive coming out of it.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

z3german is offline   Reply With Quote