REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
ib4 "Surrey is already aware of this home remedy" comments.

Growing up on the Island I was surrounded by two types of people. Hippies who were the children of draft dodgers and wannabe rednecks who called anyone darker than a paper bag the N-word.

One day I mentioned to a hippie who I knew that the deodorant I was using was causing my skin to feel raw and irritated. The next day she shows up with this big crystal rock she said was "natural deodorant".

I simply switched deodorant brands rather than let a healing crystal take away my "toxified scents" to the land of wind and honey.

Moral of the story? Vancouver Island is a terrible, terrible place and be thankful for science.
Not my experience living on the island but LOL anyway cause I know what you're talking about.

This wasn't in Canada but this hippy girl from the states was recently trying to tell me her friend doesn't burn and doesn't need sunscreen because he meditates and accepts the rays into his body or something. ughh.

I smell good but always use it, and specifically use the aluminium shit. Fuck a pit stain.
Advertisement
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
is good to avoid deodorant as much as possible. You sweat there for a reason, and by using the product, your blocking the pores.

Plus, the bulk majority of stick deodorant (e.g. major banded ones like Axe, Gilette) have aluminum based products which has been linked to higher chances of cancer related illnesses.

IMO, eat more "clean", use more breathable clothing if you do sweat and shower
Just to clarify.... deodorant does not have an anti-sweat mechanism, it just masks the smell. Antiperspirant blocks sweating.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #28
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
Are you wasting money on deodorant? The answer can be found in your ears | Suzi Gage | Science | guardian.co.uk

Coles Notes:
There really is 'a gene for sweaty armpits', but new research suggests that the lucky people who don't have smelly sweat still use expensive deodorants

If you have dry earwax, you don't smell, and you don't need deodorant.

I have dry earwax...
jimmyrustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #29
RS controls my life!

its cost you 4 bucks .
Posted via RS Mobile
RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote