REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
While this thread has had impassioned, well reasoned, and excellently written arguments from all sides of this issue...
I know, that's weird... where is this, and what happened to Revscene???
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #52
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

For the people who say it's just the internet get over it, or its just a forum and internet is serious business, how many meets have their been and how many real life friendships have been made due to rs? I'm sure quite a bit so it's not just some online forum.

Personally I've been banned twice or maybe three times. I felt it was unjust and bullshit. I corrected skinnypup and he edited his post and mine to say I was wrong but luckily I had screenshot both his and my original post. I posted it up and got banned. That shit shouldn't be allowed.

Thankfully he hasn't been such a nazi and just fails people for no reason but doesn't ban them.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #53
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,843 Times in 8,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
For the people who say it's just the internet get over it, or its just a forum and internet is serious business, how many meets have their been and how many real life friendships have been made due to rs? I'm sure quite a bit so it's not just some online forum.

Personally I've been banned twice or maybe three times. I felt it was unjust and bullshit. I corrected skinnypup and he edited his post and mine to say I was wrong but luckily I had screenshot both his and my original post. I posted it up and got banned. That shit shouldn't be allowed.

Thankfully he hasn't been such a nazi and just fails people for no reason but doesn't ban them.
Posted via RS Mobile
Just to be clear, I didn't ban you for taking a screenshot of my typo, I banned you for being a cunt about it

But yeah, that was stupid of me, and I still feel shitty about that and the other shitty things I said to people back then.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #54

Quote:
This is exactly what others are talking about with "confusing RS and real life". Being banned from a web forum does not stop you from continuing those outside friendships or attending meets. ALL it does, is stop you from communicating on the forum. If your relationships formed through the forum are real friendships, you should have email addresses, phone numbers, Skype handles, Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/whatever ties with those people; it's not like being banned from one forum is going to cut them out of your life.

So yeah... it's just the internet; get over it.

Edit: BTW, SkinnyPupp, why is your avatar dressed like Chad Greenway??
Quote:
Old 02-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #55
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
Sorry, but if your life depends on RS to get by.... then...
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Why? It's totally true you have no life other than Revscene
Spending hours and hours on chat
Talking shit about me behind my back
Making racist and sexist comment.

Posted via RS Mobile
what r u talking about, bcrdukes is the nicest most humble hipster on this forum

Spoiler!
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #57
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #58
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,543 Times in 4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
So yeah... it's just the internet; get over it.
Here's a little bit of a different take on it:

Some people have made some life-long friends on RS (I am one of them) and I am grateful for that. The difference between reality and your example of "It's just the Internet" is a bit more than that. What it means to some people is a community of some common interest, be it cars, audio, food, sports, or computers. The list goes on. When you take away the ability to log on or to become a part of the community, that "face" or identity if you will, loses its credibility. Sure, we can all create a new account, but as far as the "community" is concerned, it's just not the same face behind the username.

That being said, I respect your opinion and perspective. I understand where you're coming from and the point you're trying to get across. But to outright dismiss and to impose that "it's just the Internet" isn't very fair. If it bothers you or any one else that people get "butt hurt" over being banned from RS, you have every right not to have to share your opinion on the matter simply or be on the website because, to you people, "It's just the Internet" right?

Perhaps it's easier to say that some people have and know no shame.

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #59
This title intentionally left blank MOD

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #60

How is this clearly racist comment when the user even admits it not ban worthy? Link below leads to Nsfw forum.

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #61
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i skipped the first 2 pages.

here is a simple question, where was this so called racist remark made?

and why the fuck was the fight club and NWS sections created?

fightclub was made in an effort to create a section where all this bullshit and negativity can go to, away from the board.

NWS section was created for the same reason.

not a hard concept to understand.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #62
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

if you cant handle the fight club or the nws section, then dont participate.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #63

Ok !SG, thank you for your in depth response into the matter and your calm help in solving the issue. It's great to see the CFO to chime in and help us out to define the rules.

As for the racist comment, it was towards people from mainland china and to "white people".

It's good to know that in nsfw and fight club we can be as racist as we want. Are we also able to discuss non sponsorship companies there as well?

Again, thank you for your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #64
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #65

Quote:
Ok !SG, thank you for your in depth response into the matter and your calm help in solving the issue. It's great to see the CFO to chime in and help us out to define the rules.

As for the racist comment, it was towards people from mainland china and to "white people".

It's good to know that in nsfw and fight club we can be as racist as we want. Are we also able to discuss non sponsorship companies there as well?

Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #66
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

go ahead and try.

if i dont ban you, ive instructed others to.

soliciting and poor taste and 2 completely different entities. you may not be able to tell the difference, but as owner, i have to.

and again, i have no reason nor willingness to go into depth.

again, us chinese invented racism. racism is everywhere. but something must have hit a nerve with you. if you cant handle the comments in fight club and nws, dont participate.

Quote:

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #67
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

actually, is this thread still on topic, or is it on a new thread but relative to the same topic?

in an effort to be less confused, ill close the thread, you can feel free to start a new one.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Closed Thread