REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
Surprised at how well Kate and Natasha from TSN have done...

TSN for my sport highlights every night!
Seeing more and more women doing sports coverage, and you know what, just like with ethnic minorities, I don't care how good they look if they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I mean, we've been joking in the NHL threads for years about Kevin Weekes' coverage, and I don't think it's ever once been mentioned that the bashing has anything to do with him being black - it's always because of something stupid or redundant or just plain that comes out of his mouth.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Wow, did you even think about what you wrote before you wrote it?

Yes, Don Cherry is still going strong - just turned 79 this month. He's still as popular - and controversial - as ever. The CBC loves it because he drives ratings - even people who disagree with him and hate what he says, tune in to his segment, and that's ultimately what it's all about.

And what have we been talking about here, really? Sportscasters who KNOW THEIR SPORT. Well, Grapes KNOWS HOCKEY. So why would you replace him? And for that matter, why would you parachute in a visible minority *just for the sake of replacing Cherry*? That's more like tokenism, which is arguably worse than racism.
I didn't mean to replace him as in call him into the office and fire him for a visible minority right away. But, when his time is up, someone will have to step in. You are right, he does know his hockey, but so do others.

Everyone knows he is a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to other races. Hockey is still known as a "white mans" sport IMO. Vancouver is highly multicultural and there's a huge fan base from all ethnicities. But what about the rest of Canada?

Having a knowledgeable VM at the desk of Canada's favourite hockey show can maybe bring all cultures together to enjoy the sport.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

its neat how some people have such easy lives where they some how find the time to bitch about 2 brown guys hosting a sports show

it must be nice
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #29
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
good for TSN for doing this.
haters gonna hate
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Kate and Natasha are great, I love them.

Wake up in the morning, half asleep, turn on the TV while eating breakfast and there they are doing what they do...lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote