REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #76
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCare View Post
Truth be told, I don't like the bar scene. Never really did. Nearly twenty years of being sober while everyone around me is liquored killed the bar scene for me.

But I've also seen a lot of stagettes. I feel sympathy for the victim, but it's not fair to blame the bar for something you admit you cannot actually remember.

This incident hurts every single establishment out there -- not just bars. By what the victim has done, she's basically declared open season. This went viral in what, an hour or two? What happens next time someone wants to make a complaint (justified or not)? Businesses should not be made to suffer because of what one person says online.
Since you work at Barnone, can you get me in the VIP ?
Advertisement
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #77
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboi View Post
It wasn't the bouncers that gave her the cut, i think she fell on the steps towards the tables, as she was trying to get up she grabbed the waitress or maybe though the waitress pushed her or something. Waitress was already standing at the top of the steps pouring drinks for another table.

there's broken glass all over the floors everywhere in those places, people break glasses all the time and especially around tables. Honestly that cut on her foreheard is pretty hard to do with finger nails, etc. I suspect it was from glass all over the floor and well she planted face down on the floor and some steps she started bleeding.

i only saw the bride grab the watress, then the waitress turned around and tried to push the bride off. Then the confrontation started. It lasted like 6 seconds and bouncers grabbed them, theres no way the waitress did this to her.
you manage to pass that info onto the police?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #78
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
i dont see why not. solocare seems like a wizard seeing as he manages to work at bar none while having
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCare View Post
never been to Bar None
ChaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #79
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
I assume that you're joking but a big part of the problem is how these places are put on a pedestal.
Stand out in the rain for a couple of hours, pay them to let you in (and once you're in sometimes the place is empty) so they can sell you overpriced drinks and then, for 70% of the guys in there, to stand there with their boys watching others have fun.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #80
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
I assume that you're joking but a big part of the problem is how these places are put on a pedestal.
Stand out in the rain for a couple of hours, pay them to let you in (and once you're in sometimes the place is empty) so they can sell you overpriced drinks and then, for 70% of the guys in there, to stand there with their boys watching others have fun.
negative nancy
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #81
HELP ME PLS!!!

Vancouver's nightlife is a joke. I've been to LA, Seattle, and SF to club, not to mention that they have better venues and nicer bouncers down there. They don't make you wait for hours to get into the club. There's no such thing as greasing either. Vancouver's nightlife industry altogether is stuck-up as hell, they charge double the cover of other major North American cities, and provide next to no service. That's why I rarely go clubbing here anymore.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #82
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Vancouver's nightlife is a joke. I've been to LA, Seattle, and SF to club, not to mention that they have better venues and nicer bouncers down there. They don't make you wait for hours to get into the club. There's no such thing as greasing either. Vancouver's nightlife industry altogether is stuck-up as hell, they charge double the cover of other major North American cities, and provide next to no service. That's why I rarely go clubbing here anymore.
If I can get better treatment from bouncers in the meatpacking district in NYC than I do in Vancouver, then you know something is wrong in this city. Vegas is really the only place where you should have to grease, and even then, at least the bouncers treat you respectfully when negotiating a price.

The problem in Vancouver with nightlife is that you have a bunch of kids who live at home and dealers who have gobs of money burning holes in their pockets.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #83
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but just had to rant about all the club kiddies ruining Library Square. Huge line up by 9pm, stuck up girls all dolled up and dressed in shiny sequin skirts & high heels

Had some good times there two years ago. No longer
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #84
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but just had to rant about all the club kiddies ruining Library Square. Huge line up by 9pm, stuck up girls all dolled up and dressed in shiny sequin skirts & high heels

Weird how that "pub" turned into a "club." And residents were complaining about the old Voda Night Club around the corner years back because it was too loud. Go figure.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #85
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:

What's funny is that Friday nights, which are supposed to be for people like me who are north of 30 have now become overrun with kids who have no idea who C&C Music Factory are.

But hey, whatever pays the bills right? And I don't think any guys complain about short skirts when they hit Lib Square or the Lamplighter.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #86
HELP ME PLS!!!

I went to Lib Sq. once last year on a Friday night, and never again. Place was shit-packed as fuck. I've never been to such a crowded club in my life. I was consistently rubbing shoulder-to-shoulder on the dance floor. Did not have a good time at all.

The music was good though.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #87
RS controls my life!

Quote:

Really? All the times I been there it was awesome and I wanted to go back for awhile now. That's too bad
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #88
RS controls my life!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

So someone a couple of days ago tagged revsene in the comment thread:

"Sarah Dixon Posted: before I read the entire thread, I would strongly urge Alysha to contact the police re: this guy 'Dohboi' on the forum, he was at the table next to theirs (posted a receipt from that night proving it was truth) and says he saw it, so he is a witness. And to further confirm he was there, a picture posted on the forum of himself, matches a man pictured in the photos Bar None posted from that night. Hope this helps in some small way.
February 27 at 2:09am · Edited · Like · 2"
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #89
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I've only lived in Vancouver since 2010, but what I've heard people complain about (and I completely agree) is that Donnelly places are all the same soulless, cater-to-everyone establishments.

Like, where I come from, each place will have a theme or an idea, and the bar is based around that idea. But here, the Donnelly places will try to be a pub, club and sports bar all at the same time... excelling at none, but catering to "everyone".

The result is a whole bunch of bland, generic bars that people basically 'have' to go to since Donnelly owns so many of the places downtown.

The poor management/service is just the shitty icing on top of the shitty cake.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #90
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2_narain View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

So someone a couple of days ago tagged revsene in the comment thread:

"Sarah Dixon Posted: before I read the entire thread, I would strongly urge Alysha to contact the police re: this guy 'Dohboi' on the forum, he was at the table next to theirs (posted a receipt from that night proving it was truth) and says he saw it, so he is a witness. And to further confirm he was there, a picture posted on the forum of himself, matches a man pictured in the photos Bar None posted from that night. Hope this helps in some small way.
February 27 at 2:09am · Edited · Like · 2"
Yeah, but he says it wasn't the waitresses fault, so like hell the woman will contact him.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #91
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
You can even see the way she responds to all this. If someone says they were there and supports the brides story its obviously true. If someone says they were there and it doesn't match the brides story, they are just "internet trolls looking for a moment in the spotlight" The brides story was spoken as factual by her from the beginning, then once there were any other details "her details were hazy." If that doesn't scream a liar looking for a moment in the victim spotlight I don't know what does.
People get the shit kicked out of them at bars all the time. No one really will give a fuck about this in 10 days from now. There is no "spotlight" to be had by people that say they were there. By the time any info is figured out about this people will have long found another internet cause to blindly follow.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #92
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
when you're scrapping another person in front of a crowd and then you hear wooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllldddddddd stttttttaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr

you better fight for your fucking life
fuck i lol'd hard

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #93
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Oh its very scary post I heard many times about Fighting Bars, but I don't see it in life........
It's really a very sad story, dear.............

Last edited by Kallis000; 01-28-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Kallis000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #94
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallis000 View Post
Oh its very scary post I heard many times about bar fighting, but I don't see it in life........
It's really a very sad story, dear.............
yo bro my dad had me training lifting bar stools over my head for reps of 100 when i was 4 months old

u bitches aint got shit on us

cummat me

cumma me
cumm me
cum me

wat?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #95
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
These clubs are such a joke. Had bottle service at venue not too long ago for a friend's birthday and the bill was ridiculous. The service was pretty awful for the amount you pay (close to 1 g for 3 bottles), and they make you pay a 20% tip. I haven't been to venue in over a year and going back reminded me why I am not keen on going clubbing at these shit holes. Filled with a bunch of 19 year olds looking to start shit, not to mention our whole section smelled like piss. If you're looking to go around, grab some ass, and potentially get punched in the face, then these clubs are just what you're looking for!
Truth.
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #96
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Just gotta find the right venue.

One of our favourites is Swans pub here in Vic. Live Rock/Blues bands every night. The older crowd makes a big difference. Not the type of place for gangsters & douches. WAY more enjoyable. Top 40 clubbing shit has been dead to us for a while.

Yep, once you know a city you can pretty much tell by the way people dress what the night will end up being like.

Bar None, Cabana, Brooklyn, Granville Room... so many places I can list are basically HIVES of douchebag activity. Fucking Cabana is literally like the Alien Mother nest of douchebags and whores, and Brooklyn after 3 AM is a parade of fucking screaming idiots in full douchebag attire.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #97
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Fucking Mission trash should stay the fuck out of downtown, and off Twitter as well.

Eww she was from Mission?!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #98
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
I went to Lib Sq. once last year on a Friday night, and never again. Place was shit-packed as fuck. I've never been to such a crowded club in my life. I was consistently rubbing shoulder-to-shoulder on the dance floor. Did not have a good time at all.

The music was good though.
LOL, I'm so ignorant with what's happening in what bars especially in Vancouver. I'm older then most of you, I rarely go to the bar unless it's a pub near my house. Probably 6 or 7 years ago I went to Library Square (one and only time) with some friends after a Canucks game, there was so many gay dudes there, almost no woman I actually thought it was a Gay Bar. I've seriously thought that right up until reading this thread......Haha, whatever we still had fun that night.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #99
Old School RS

Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Eww she was from Mission?!
Quote:
When police arrived at the scene they found the Mission woman suffering from cuts to her face and leg.
3rd line of the article...
Old 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #100
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

Yup Library Square sucks ass now. I always had a good time there few years ago but the crowd's changed, the lines are longer, and you can no longer get in just by waiting in line. Can't believe some people actually line up from 10PM til midnight to get in. The bouncers are fuckin scumbags and they know that everyone waiting in those huge ass lines eventually gives in and greases them.
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote