REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 PM   #51
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
so, ricecookerboi, did you do it? I haven't once read you state "I didn't do it". All your responses are "I couldn't have because.... I don't see how I could have drove like an idiot when.....". Sounds like you either aren't aware of your own driving habits, or are using external factors to try minimize someone witnessing you committing the offence you were charged for.

I doubt you would say "ok ok yes sir" when you are completely innocent. Let's say you were waiting for the bus, and a cop comes up to you and says you are under arrest for robbing a bank... No one would say "ok ok yes sir". It is the natural reaction of anyone who is innocent of something to defend themselves from being wrongfully accused.

Well I believe I did not, all I heard was my friend in front of me loud exhaust, and me just stepping on the breaks and creeping most of the time due to traffic lights. I look in my rear view I see the charger behind me tailing me for about a half a block just past King ED in TRAFFIC then begin to flip on his lights and pulled me over. So no in that case I would have no way going over the speed limit in municipality. Also to add on what the cop say I remembered he said Some by stander saw you racing back at Langara and 49th and called in. "

To clarify spidey. the bank robber scenario if the cop said you are accused of a bank robbery, I would just ask why? and continue from there brother. If he issued me a ticket regardless I would not try to argue to make matters worse. I'd just nod accept the ticket and let the court decide what KORROKE said.
Advertisement
ricecookerboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #52

But anyways back to topic about me disputing my ticket, would the court ask me to rat on my friend ? I don't really know what to do at that point if the judge, or officer told me to. What would I do in that case ?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:08 PM   #53
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,941 Times in 2,061 Posts
Just saying that your friend who was driving near you had a loud exhaust isn't ratting him out UNLESS he was doing something illegal.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Just saying that your friend who was driving near you had a loud exhaust isn't ratting him out UNLESS he was doing something illegal.
Yeah true. Although he might of punched the gas pedal a little hard at times but don't think that's illegal -_____- . Wish I had dash cam footage.....
Old 02-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #55
I STILL don't get it

Happened to me once.. Cop pulled me over saying I was speeding because I didn't change my gear and my RPM was going pretty high.. but I was doing more or less 30KM/h on 50KM/h zone at 11PM while looking for a late night restaurant. I told her that and she still tried to give me ticket, and I explained that my friend was right behind me too and witness the whole thing. She then tried to argue and give her ticket for not stopping on stop sign. I asked for her badge number and her name and explained that we did not come from the direction of the stop sign. She never said another word and left without giving us her badge number of name or ticket.
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #56
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
so, ricecookerboi, did you do it? I haven't once read you state "I didn't do it". All your responses are "I couldn't have because.... I don't see how I could have drove like an idiot when.....". Sounds like you either aren't aware of your own driving habits, or are using external factors to try minimize someone witnessing you committing the offence you were charged for.

I doubt you would say "ok ok yes sir" when you are completely innocent. Let's say you were waiting for the bus, and a cop comes up to you and says you are under arrest for robbing a bank... No one would say "ok ok yes sir". It is the natural reaction of anyone who is innocent of something to defend themselves from being wrongfully accused.
So in your mind, being arrested for robbing a bank, and being cited for speeding should evoke the same kind of rise out of the accused? Are you fucking retarded?

We all know the poster was obviously driving like a jerk off, since someone took the time out of their day to phone the police and make a complaint. Nobody does that unless they really hate the person, or unless they are telling the truth.

But what you are saying is so dumb, you are basically telling people that they should argue with the officer citing the ticket if they believe they are innocent, when any logical person who knows the asshole from the vagina could tell you you probably shouldn't get into a debate with an officer writing you a citation.

EDIT: Oh and nobody phones the police because of a loud exhaust either, OP knows what he was doing. He's just asking can he get away with it since he got lucky the PO didn't actually see him himself.

I have a loud exhaust, been driving it like that for 2 years, not once have I had a cop pull me over and say someone complained about it, and yes I do occasionally drive my car to the rev limiter. SUE ME.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 02-14-2015 at 01:38 AM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #57
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Let's say you were waiting for the bus, and a cop comes up to you and says you are under arrest for robbing a bank... No one would say "ok ok yes sir". It is the natural reaction of anyone who is innocent of something to defend themselves from being wrongfully accused.
Never in the history of ever has a police officer had some evidence towards a person's possible guilt, had the intent to arrest that person, and then because of the extraordinary persuasiveness and eloquence that the person articulated their innocence had changed their mind and decided to let them continue freely.

Shut your mouth.
Don't talk to the police.
Take the ticket.
Go to court.
Present the evidence.
Let the judge or justice of the peace decide.

...unless you actually are guilty then don't waste the court's time.
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #58
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Again I never said to argue. All I said was nodding your head and agreeing with the officer is stupid, if you are being accused of something you didn't do. Shutting your mouth and taking the ticket is different than nodding your head and agreeing.

I made the robbery point because buddy boy was insisting that he would not defend himself when accused of wrong doing by an officer, when the normal, avg, person, would.

Defending yourself and starting an argument with an officer are two different things. But I guess to you guys disagreeing with an officer is the same as causing a scene, roadside.

I have dealt with numerous individuals regarding traffic complaints where I personally did not witness the alleged offence. NEVER have I ever spoke with a driver who agreed with what the accusation was, and ended up being innocent of any wrong doing.

As for ricecookerboi, you either did or didn't how can you "believe you didn't". Did your memory blank out during the time you were accused of street racing around the area of Langara... and the only recollection of driving that evening was when you saw the christmas lights behind you? Oh and you wouldn't get a ticket for robbing a bank..
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:46 AM   #59
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

As I had the same situation as earlier posted

just wanted to say like OP I disputed and won fairly easily as officer had no evidence
Old 02-15-2015, 01:11 AM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Issuing tickets for things that you don't see is plain stupid and any officer who does such things is an idiot and should not be in a position to do so.
If you dont see it you have no way to tell if it even took place, how can you issue a ticket with nothing more than a phone call?
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:21 AM   #61
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
We all know the poster was obviously driving like a jerk off, since someone took the time out of their day to phone the police and make a complaint. Nobody does that unless they really hate the person, or unless they are telling the truth.

EDIT: Oh and nobody phones the police because of a loud exhaust either, OP knows what he was doing. He's just asking can he get away with it since he got lucky the PO didn't actually see him himself.
I've actually had someone call the police to complain when I did nothing. I work nights and come home at 8am. My Neighbours don't like me because I leave every night at eleven. I got a phone call at 7pm saying someone called in my plates saying I was out hooning around when I had been asleep since 10am. the officer didn't believe I hadn't been out. I told him to come over so I could grab my ice cold headers in front of his eyes.
steveo1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2015, 10:13 AM   #62
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:

Well, when I was stopped at a roadblock at night and the officer said I had illegal front tint, I told him that it's the factory green tint that comes on all new cars. He didn't believe me so I left it at that and just accepted the ticket. It would have been pointless to argue. Maybe some people just believe it's pointless to argue and will just accept the traffic ticket and dispute.

I called the officer up a couple days later and made an appointment with him so he can see the car in the day and so we can discuss this while he's not standing at the road side in a higher stress situation. He was really nice and called his supervisor who confirmed the car did not have illegal tint.

So maybe sometimes it's better to discuss with the officer after. Mind you, my situation was really cut and dry in that I did not have illegal tint on my car. If it comes to alleged speeding, maybe better to just go to court.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #63
I am Hook'd on RS

Always dispute everything unless of course there is hard evidence against you. Cops are just regular people. People make mistakes, people can be corrupt, people can be stupid. Cops and people can and are all of these things.
highres604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #64
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by highres604 View Post
Always dispute everything unless of course there is hard evidence against you. Cops are just regular people. People make mistakes, people can be corrupt, people can be stupid. Cops and people can and are all of these things.
I don't agree with disputing everything. It's waste of system resources and everybody's time. If you know you are guilty, just man it up and pay the damn fine and call it a day.
That being said, I've disputed some of my tickets in the past and paid some of my tickets that I know I am guilty of. Every ticket I've disputed in my life, I have won the case, regardless of whether cop showed up or not. It's not because I am smart or anything, but I have basic understanding of the system. It's funny how most of people who dispute ticket goes there to give excuses of why they violated the offense rather than to defend their case against the accusation. If you are going to dispute, do yourself a favor and prepare yourself to defend your case. Go to the traffic court to see how the system works and read some online articles that might help you.

When cop pulls you over, treat them with respect. They are just trying to do their job. I've got a way with warnings instead of tickets in the past because of the way I show them the respect. If they pull me over on busy street, I turn on my emergency blinker light and do my best to pull to smaller street with more space instead of stopping right at where cops signals me. Then I proceed to turn my interior lights on. When the cops come to you, give them an eye contact and speak in respectable manner. Why do I do this? because I care. I have friends who are cops and I understand their everyday risks and frustration they face. Pulling over on busy street means that they need to watch out for oncoming traffic. It also causes traffic jam. Cops do not have any idea who is in the vehicle they pull over and this could be a risk to them. Turning on interior lights helps them see that there are no immediate threat to them in your vehicle. Cops have to deal with "not so normal" people everyday. They deal with some crazy shit low life scums on daily basis and they deal with frustrated drivers like you whom they pulled over.
Understanding their point of view and threat them the way you want to be treated goes a long way.

Fight the ticket that you think is unfair. Once a arrogant bitch cop pulled me over for not wearing a seat belt. As I was wearing a seat belt at the time, I explained to her that it's not the case, and she claimed that I quickly put it on after she pulled me over. She even pulled a measuring tape and started measuring my wheels and gaps trying to see if she can issue me a VI. She must've had a very rough day, but I didn't deserve to be treated like that. At the traffic court, that arrogant bitch cop tried to plea bargain with me by saying she would waive penalty points if I plea guilty. I nearly made her cry with anger in the court. I explained in court that I either have to question her integrity or her inexperience. She either lacks knowledge in even most basic traffic regulation that the penalty for not wearing a seat belt does not have penalty point or that she have questionable integrity as she was trying to lie into admitting something that I did not commit by offering something that doesn't make sense. Needless to say, she got what she earned: She got embarrassed in front of court and lost the case.
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #65
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
I don't agree with disputing everything. It's waste of system resources and everybody's time. If you know you are guilty, just man it up and pay the damn fine and call it a day.

When cop pulls you over, treat them with respect. They are just trying to do their job. I've got a way with warnings instead of tickets in the past because of the way I show them the respect. If they pull me over on busy street, I turn on my emergency blinker light and do my best to pull to smaller street with more space instead of stopping right at where cops signals me. Then I proceed to turn my interior lights on. When the cops come to you, give them an eye contact and speak in respectable manner. Why do I do this? because I care. I have friends who are cops and I understand their everyday risks and frustration they face. Pulling over on busy street means that they need to watch out for oncoming traffic. It also causes traffic jam. Cops do not have any idea who is in the vehicle they pull over and this could be a risk to them. Turning on interior lights helps them see that there are no immediate threat to them in your vehicle. Cops have to deal with "not so normal" people everyday. They deal with some crazy shit low life scums on daily basis and they deal with frustrated drivers like you whom they pulled over.
Understanding their point of view and threat them the way you want to be treated goes a long way.
I've been pulled over once for speeding. I had dark tinted rear windows so I rolled those down and waited for the cop with my hands on the steering wheel. Treated him with respect. When he asked for my registration, then I told him I was going to reach in the glove box and the whole time, I communicated what I was doing. I actually couldn't find my insurance cause I hid it so well that I forgot where it was. I ended up finding it while he was writing me tickets. He gave me a fine for not having insurance but gave me a warning for speeding. I also told him I found the insurance while he was writing the tickets. He took that back to his car and when he came back, I ended up with just a warning for speeding as he ripped up the no insurance ticket.

Was really grateful of the officer cause I made sure not to speed after that as it was a lesson learned. It actually is quite embarrassing sitting on the side of the road with a cop car with lights on behind you.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #66
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
[. It actually is quite embarrassing sitting on the side of the road with a cop car with lights on behind you.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's part of a batchelor party...and the Cop (She) is hawt!!!
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #67
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
I don't know ANYONE who is innocent, who was accused of street racing, not speed, but STREET RACING, would nod their head up and down and agree with the officer, pretty much admitting fault. Unless you speak no English at all, and like to nod your head and smile.... Whether the cop saw you or not, you know what you did.
"His frank acceptance of the situation marks him as either an innocent man, or else as a man of considerable self-restraint and firmness"
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Google Books

ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote