REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Funny story,

I almost rear ended some f-in idiot, who was trying to pass a left lane hogger, on the Knight street bridge. (In pouring rain too)

The retard cuts me off, I slam on the brakes, he realizes he doesn't have much room ahead of him in the right lane to pass so he swerves back into his left lane, tailgating the guy.

It's a combination of fucktards that don't know the rules and those that have no patience - these guys are the ones that cause accidents.
Advertisement
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,693 Times in 1,625 Posts
I'm so ashamed when I see BC plate cars on the I5 passing lane driving under the speed limit
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I'm so ashamed when I see BC plate cars on the I5 passing lane driving under the speed limit
The worst is when you flash them with your high beams and they don't understand what that means
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Well, you have people in the slow lane doing 80, and people in the fast lane at 120. If anyone actually did 100, everyone would get there faster.

Beyond this issue, is in general the people that have to be faster, and cutting people off and doing whatever they can to get somewhere faster, to fuck with everyone else.

I was driving along Kingsway and this chick in a lifted 4x4 is careening through, cuts me off, cuts off someone else...zip left...zip right. I'm just doing 50. Guess what...I could keep watching her antics as my normal, boring ass 50km/h was keeping up as she was doing whatever she could to get ahead and ended up...right next to me.

As much as slow people in the wrong spot are the problem, the fast people are just the same problem. If everyone picked a fucking lane and picked a fucking speed...we'd ALL get home faster.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Well, you have people in the slow lane doing 80, and people in the fast lane at 120. If anyone actually did 100, everyone would get there faster.

Beyond this issue, is in general the people that have to be faster, and cutting people off and doing whatever they can to get somewhere faster, to fuck with everyone else.

I was driving along Kingsway and this chick in a lifted 4x4 is careening through, cuts me off, cuts off someone else...zip left...zip right. I'm just doing 50. Guess what...I could keep watching her antics as my normal, boring ass 50km/h was keeping up as she was doing whatever she could to get ahead and ended up...right next to me.

As much as slow people in the wrong spot are the problem, the fast people are just the same problem. If everyone picked a fucking lane and picked a fucking speed...we'd ALL get home faster.
That feel. Those kind of people don't realize that in a city setting, especially during peak traffic, that unless they run reds, the traffic lights will mean that they'll be at most a block's length ahead of you after all that weaving in and out (especially when they go merge from the lane that everybody knows ends or has a parked car).
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
it seems worse than before lately
and its soo fucking annoying

another thing ive noticed a lot lately are people who brake/slow down when nearing an intersection the lights nowhere close to even being yellow and

they need to air that news bit a lot more often so at least some people might get the point

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-26-2013 at 05:52 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Being illegal is pointless if the police doesn't actually enforce it.
Ah, but if they did, sebberry would be all up in arms about how unfair the "keep right" law is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #33
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
waiting for someone to make a comment about C-lais in Richmond......
thanks for making the first one.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #34
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
They should air this clip on the chinese and the east indian news channels also

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #35
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Those "Keep Right" signs are plastered all over I-5. Every time I go down to the States, the left lane is absolutely clean unless someone is overtaking. However, more often than not it's a Canadian that's jamming the fucking lane, and there's no one else to pass for miles, so I end up passing them on the right, which IIRC is illegal in certain cases.
IMO you guys give Americans too much credit. I've driven to the states a lot and while people are generally good about keeping right, I wouldn't go as far as to say the left lane always "absolutely clean". I mean yeah in rural stretches the left lane is clean because there are few cars on the road and people keep right....but drive on rural stretches of Highway 1 or Cariboo Hwy and you'll see the exact same thing. When there are few cars on the road, people tend to keep right.

As you approach the city where there is more traffic, it doesn't matter whether it's Seattle or Vancouver, you'll always find both lanes used because it's retarded to expect everyone to drive in one lane when there's that much traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
However, more often than not it's a Canadian that's jamming the fucking lane, and there's no one else to pass for miles, so I end up passing them on the right, which IIRC is illegal in certain cases.
It's always legal to pass on the right so long as there's a lane to the right for you to legally drive on.

Last edited by Oleophobic; 02-26-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #36
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
IMO you guys give Americans too much credit. I've driven to the states a lot and while people are generally good about keeping right, I wouldn't go as far as to say the left lane always "absolutely clean". I mean yeah in rural stretches the left lane is clean because there are few cars on the road and people keep right....but drive on rural stretches of Highway 1 or Cariboo Hwy and you'll see the EXACT SAME THING. When there are few cars on the road, people tend to keep right.

As you approach the city where there is more traffic, it doesn't matter whether it's Seattle or Vancouver, you'll always find both lanes used because it's retarded to expect everyone to drive in one lane when there's that much traffic.

It's always legal to pass on the right so long as there's a lane to the right for you to legally drive on.
Try the semi-rural areas on I-5, just south of Bellingham, and into the Skagit Valley towards Burlington. This was just my observation, but it's maybe a 3:1 ratio of Canadian plates tying up the left lane until about the outlets, and I go as I pass by them in the right lane doing the speed limit (give or take 2 MPH). I get that urban freeway areas will see left lane traffic, it's inevitable, which is why I noticed there's no "Keep Right" signage when you get into the Everett area. Of course, I haven't driven outside the Washington/Oregon area, so maybe the tendencies are slightly different in states farther from the border.

And thanks for clearing that up, I have no idea where I got the tendency, but I always try to pass left unless the lane is jammed.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
here's part two
CTV British Columbia | Videos - Breaking B.C. News Videos

The other week driving to UBC I was going a bit above the posted speed limit on the UBC highway (on the right lane) and some idiot was tailgating me in a civic.. To the left of him was a truck blocking him from passing since it was going around the same speed. After a little while the civic high beams me and stays behind me even after the truck that hogged the left lane was gone. The truck was an idiot for staying in that lane but the civic driver appeared to blame me for blocking him.. what a goof
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #38

dafuq... videos won't play for me, just a black screen.
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #39
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
raise the speed limit , wasn't there some research done that modern roads, cars are capable of handling higher speeds, and the limit is just there so the government gets money from speeding tickets.
Ok, but what about drivers error? Doesn't really matter if someone is bombing down the highway in their GT car. If they can barely handle their car going pedestrian speeds, how do you think they'd fare against much higher speeds?
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #40
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

what if im always passing...do i stay in the left?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #41
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
Sure, just pay attention in your rear view if you see someone approaching
Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
dafuq... videos won't play for me, just a black screen.
Turn off adblock
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #43
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
here's part two

The other week driving to UBC I was going a bit above the posted speed limit on the UBC highway (on the right lane) and some idiot was tailgating me in a civic.. To the left of him was a truck blocking him from passing since it was going around the same speed. After a little while the civic high beams me and stays behind me even after the truck that hogged the left lane was gone. The truck was an idiot for staying in that lane but the civic driver appeared to blame me for blocking him.. what a goof
That's when you brake check the little bitch.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #44
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
here's part two

highway or not, if you are going 10km over the limit, and are "hogging" the left lane, you are doing others a favour by preventing them from getting a potential speeding ticket . I agree that the right lane should be for "slower" drivers, but what is the definition of "fast" and "slow" by LAW it should really mean right lane is for anyone who chooses to go under the legal limit. The "fast" lane should obviously be for passing, but should you really expect to be ALLOWED to go faster than the maximum limit?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #45
I STILL don't get it

It is one of the most frustrating things in the lowermainland as almost all of our highways are only 2 lanes so there will always be people blocking the fast lane. How hard is it to keep right unless you are passing? Even if you are going slightly above the speed limit and someone is catching up to you in the left lane, just change to the right lane and let them pass. If you decide that it's your job to block them and slow them down, that is more dangerous than if they are just speeding. Let the police enforce speeding laws. No point in escalating a situation that doesn't need to be escalated in the first place.

The worst drivers are those who are clueless about their surroundings and other cars. Unfortunately there are so many of those drivers in the lowermainland.
Vege is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Sure, just pay attention in your rear view if you see someone approaching
...with pretty red and blue lights!
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
highway or not, if you are going 10km over the limit, and are "hogging" the left lane, you are doing others a favour by preventing them from getting a potential speeding ticket . I agree that the right lane should be for "slower" drivers, but what is the definition of "fast" and "slow" by LAW it should really mean right lane is for anyone who chooses to go under the legal limit. The "fast" lane should obviously be for passing, but should you really expect to be ALLOWED to go faster than the maximum limit?
That's the stupid thing about the signage here vs. in the US (and on some of the highways outside the city here): in town, the signs read SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT - well, nobody seems to think they're "slower" and thus the signage doesn't apply to them, or they figure if they're already doing the speed limit nobody else should be going faster anyway and thus they're not "slower".

Go down the I-5 though, or out Hwy.1 past Abby, and the signs are a lot less ambiguous: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS is pretty cut-and-dried.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #48
I STILL don't get it

Thanked 3,710 Times in 328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
If somebody want's to go faster than the lane hogger and then they get a ticket, that was their own decision and they have to just deal with it. Fuck trying to "help" them out by blocking them behind you and another car beside while driving around the speed limit with the thought that you're helping them from getting a ticket. More than likely, once they finally get past they will drive even faster to make up for loss time.

It's more to the fact that most lane hoggers have no courtesy or awareness to their surroundings and other drivers. That's what infuriates people the most.
DEADBEA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADBEA7 View Post
It's more to the fact that most lane hoggers have no courtesy or awareness to their surroundings and other drivers. That's what infuriates people the most.
This is the most dangerous thing about them.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #50
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADBEA7 View Post
This is true of most shitty drivers.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote