REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   CTV News Report on Left Lane Hoggers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680991-ctv-news-report-left-lane-hoggers.html)

Tim Budong 02-26-2013 11:14 AM

CTV News Report on Left Lane Hoggers

Have a watch at the video and comment

CTV British Columbia | Videos - Breaking B.C. News Videos

The analogy with the escalator is fantastic

Mr.HappySilp 02-26-2013 11:27 AM

waiting for someone to make a comment about C-lais in Richmond......

dinamix 02-26-2013 11:47 AM

this needs to be taught in driving schools and icbc road tests.
Posted via RS Mobile

Geoc 02-26-2013 11:52 AM

Being illegal is pointless if the police doesn't actually enforce it.

DEADBEA7 02-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoc (Post 8170297)
Being illegal is pointless if the police doesn't actually enforce it.

More likely to pull over the person passing the lane hogger for speeding :rukidding:

ts14 02-26-2013 12:03 PM

it should be fixed regardless. problem i see is that the exotic car guys will look as this as a green light to continue speeding.... and their excuse will be that they were using the left lane.

mk1freak 02-26-2013 12:17 PM

they need to do this.

AVS_Racing 02-26-2013 12:31 PM

raise the speed limit :derp:, wasn't there some research done that modern roads, cars are capable of handling higher speeds, and the limit is just there so the government gets money from speeding tickets.

RS_Pat 02-26-2013 12:31 PM

Worse if a semi or dumptruck is pulling this stunt :fuuuuu:

Tim Budong 02-26-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVS_Racing (Post 8170332)
raise the speed limit :derp:, wasn't there some research done that modern roads, cars are capable of handling higher speeds, and the limit is just there so the government gets money from speeding tickets.

yea but if you raise it, people will drive faster

GLOW 02-26-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS_Pat (Post 8170333)
Worse if a semi or dumptruck is pulling this stunt :fuuuuu:

every time i see a semi or dump truck on knight street in richmond or either direction on the bridge going in to the left lane i'm like :ohgodwhy: :fuuuuu:

AAnthony 02-26-2013 12:54 PM

-----

Happy 02-26-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8170357)
60 kph in the left lane with the left blinker on ... I see this far too often here :rukidding:

or 2 people hogging a 2 lane street by going 40 km/h in each lane lol

Spidey 02-26-2013 01:07 PM

This video is talking about highway driving, not city driving.. In the city, there is no way traffic would run smoothly with all cars in ONE lane because of all the stop lights.

AAnthony 02-26-2013 01:16 PM

-----

Spidey 02-26-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8170379)
^ No shit

read the above comments where everyone is talking about city driving

Gumby 02-26-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

60 kph in the left lane with the left blinker on ... I see this far too often here :rukidding:

The government won't direct their attention to raising speed limits or making traffic move faster, if anything they're going to continue lowering them so they can collect revenue. Which really doesn't make sense, because there's been so many technological advancements in cars. They can stop faster, have better handling, more safety features, etc, etc,

Even with technological advancements in cars, some people still suck at driving.

Eg. Benz has that blind spot detector, but does a c-lai actually know what that light in her side mirror is for?

ts14 02-26-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

The government won't direct their attention to raising speed limits or making traffic move faster, if anything they're going to continue lowering them so they can collect revenue. Which really doesn't make sense, because there's been so many technological advancements in cars. They can stop faster, have better handling, more safety features, etc, etc,

u say that as if nobody drives older cars anymore :badpokerface:

AAnthony 02-26-2013 01:59 PM

-----

fliptuner 02-26-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVS_Racing (Post 8170332)

Raising the limit won't prevent people from being shitty drivers.
IMO the signs should read "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" and they need to actually enforce it. I'm sure if there's a week long crackdown on left lane blockers (as with seatbelt checks), people will start getting the message.

Everymans 02-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8170351)
every time i see a semi or dump truck on knight street in richmond or either direction on the bridge going in to the left lane i'm like :ohgodwhy: :fuuuuu:

Knight street is still considered a street bridge until you get to the richmond side, then it becomes a divided highway. This rule should not apply, especially since the bridge is such a terribly designed shit show with an average of 4 accidents a day. I believe the speed limit is 60-70 on that bridge? Half the accidents on there are probably caused by speeders, the other half don't know what a merge is. I was honked at this morning crossing the arthur laing bridge because i was in the left lane doing 65. It's not a fast lane, it's just a lane. damnit.

highfive 02-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everymans (Post 8170442)
Knight street is still considered a street bridge until you get to the richmond side, then it becomes a divided highway. This rule should not apply, especially since the bridge is such a terribly designed shit show with an average of 4 accidents a day. I believe the speed limit is 60-70 on that bridge? Half the accidents on there are probably caused by speeders, the other half don't know what a merge is. I was honked at this morning crossing the arthur laing bridge because i was in the left lane doing 65. It's not a fast lane, it's just a lane. damnit.

Speaking of that trucks and dump trucks. They drive like they were in a small sports car. They literally cut from far left lane to the far right lane just to go and pass a bunch of cars and cut back with their gigantic of a container right there.

bcrdukes 02-26-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8170388)
Ebut does a c-lai actually know what that light in her side mirror is for?

Do they even know what their side mirrors are even for aside from checking their makeup? :ahwow:

vixroar 02-26-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everymans (Post 8170442)

No, the speed limit on the knight street bridge becomes 80 right after the mitchell island exit.

CorneringArtist 02-26-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8170407)
Raising the limit won't prevent people from being shitty drivers.
IMO the signs should read "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" and they need to actually enforce it. I'm sure if there's a week long crackdown on left lane blockers (as with seatbelt checks), people will start getting the message.

Those "Keep Right" signs are plastered all over I-5. Every time I go down to the States, the left lane is absolutely clean unless someone is overtaking. However, more often than not it's a Canadian that's jamming the fucking lane, and there's no one else to pass for miles, so I end up passing them on the right, which IIRC is illegal in certain cases.