REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #2801
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
School me on the purpose of buying an ETF like BTCC instead of just buying bitcoin yourself directly?
You can use it for you TFSA.

Nvidia is gimping the 3060 for mining and releasing mining cards that don't seem that great for mining.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-launches...e-of-rtx-3060/
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #2802
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuHua View Post
Nicehash? Just pool mine eth directly, use trex or phoenixminer. You can also point them at the nicehash servers if you want to earn btc. You’re only overclocking the mem right? Power limit should be dropped hard
Yeah only overclocking the mem and dropping the power

But for some reason now
Excavator is running again, but it's got a high ping, except when I increase my core clocks then the ping goes from 2-300ms down to 20-30ms

And my cards can't go higher than 86mhs now, they can when they're not on the same rig, but when they're together it drops, regardless of my afterburner settings

Then when trying to increase my overclock just slightly on the evga it'll bsod

Maybe I'm not getting enough power?

Interestingly enough, I watch redpanda mining on yt and he uploaded a video this morning, and it looks like he's ha ING the exactsame issue with the exact same cards!
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:18 PM   #2803
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
^^^ FTW3 Ultras? 3080?

I mine with T-rex when using Nvidia cards, IMHO the best miner for Nvidia

With my 3080 FTW3 Ultras, I was able to get 98MHs on a couple, 97 on a few, and 96 on two of them. I really scaled back the clocks for longevity.

-300core 1850mem 230w PL...some people are crushing out 2400-2600mem just to hit the mental number of 100-101mhs....probably burning their cards up in a few months

I have been steady for the past 2 weeks with no reboots or issues with those clocks.

Team Red Miner is best for AMD as well...if you pick any of those up
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 05:47 PM   #2804

Yeah the FTW ultra 3080s

I can't get the clock up past 1000 atm without the system rebooting

Can't give it a negative core either without it doing the same

But at the moment I'm getting 93mh

Same issue as this guy, same exact cards on the rig too

I'm almost suspicious that the gaming trio and FTW ultra are conflicting with each other and can't be on the same rig

I'm going to test it out by switching the rigs they're connected too, it's just that it's such a hassle n I'm exhausted from troubleshooting
Old 02-18-2021, 06:38 PM   #2805
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah the FTW ultra 3080s

I can't get the clock up past 1000 atm without the system rebooting

Can't give it a negative core either without it doing the same

But at the moment I'm getting 93mh

Same issue as this guy, same exact cards on the rig too

https://youtu.be/CnUc_S8rcbM

I'm almost suspicious that the gaming trio and FTW ultra are conflicting with each other and can't be on the same rig

I'm going to test it out by switching the rigs they're connected too, it's just that it's such a hassle n I'm exhausted from troubleshooting

I fking hate trouble shoooooot these cards. Its a nightmare!!!
Some of them are weaker, Some of them are really good. I have to label their OC numbers 1 by 1.
One of my FTW3 3080 is very unstable. Pretty much no ability to OC.
As soon as i pull mem clock up, it will crash in few hours.
I have also tried to amp up the voltage, it helped a bit...but temperature also upped too. SMH on this weak card.
The rest of my 3080 are not too bad. At least 1200+ on mem. TDP 65%

Also, they love the BLOW JOB from the back!!! Thats how you get Mem temp down!!!
Ordered 3000 RPM 120mm fan from Amazon, arrive tomorrow. Lets see how low it can go!!

btw, just got 6 pack of 3060ti today!! gotta finish 3060 rig tonight...XDDD

Last edited by ime2006; 02-18-2021 at 06:46 PM.
ime2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2021, 08:36 PM   #2806

All my other cards r msi or from dell and they run perfectly and I can crank up the oc's until the evga joined the rig! Grr

Still setting up another rig so all my evgas can run on that instead, and hopefully everything will be OK, but uggggh yeah troubleshooting is horrible
Old 02-19-2021, 08:56 AM   #2807
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

With the rate of BTC going up.
3080 is doing $18-21 a day!!!

These cards are the real Money printing machine....
Imagine BTC goes to $100K or more.

i think, start from this year CRA will go hard on Crypto audit for sure!!! Be prepared!!!

Last edited by ime2006; 02-19-2021 at 09:21 AM.
ime2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #2808
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Rolled the dice on cve:hive.
When it was at 2.5cad at end of Dec, thought that was risky, but jokes on me with a 168% return to date

I buy the stonks because its much harder for the stonks to dissapear/ get lost vs actual bitcoin

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #2809

Stopped a 20 year old from losing her life savings today.

She was on the phone with someone trying to use the bitcoin ATM at our store. I go up and ask if she is buying bitcoin for herself or someone else. She looks at me scared and then puts the phone to her chest and quietly says she is on the phone with the RCMP. They claim she has 7 drug charges against her and they need her to send them bitcoin to verify the money is hers. I tell her it's a scam but she doesn't 100% believe me so another customer tells her the same. She hangs up the call again. She is till not 100% sure. We tell her to hang up, and then she calls the RCMP. Finally she believed it's a scam. She was almost crying.

She had taken all her money from her bank and had driven to Nanaimo from Parksville with her daughter to use the machine.

I can't believe people fall for this shit.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:16 PM   #2810
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

She was on the phone with someone trying to use the bitcoin ATM at our store. I go up and ask if she is buying bitcoin for herself or someone else. She looks at me scared and then puts the phone to her chest and quietly says she is on the phone with the RCMP. They claim she has 7 drug charges against her and they need her to send them bitcoin to verify the money is hers. I tell her it's a scam but she doesn't 100% believe me so another customer tells her the same. She hangs up the call again. She is till not 100% sure. We tell her to hang up, and then she calls the RCMP. Finally she believed it's a scam. She was almost crying.

She had taken all her money from her bank and had driven to Nanaimo from Parksville with her daughter to use the machine.

HOW?!?!>?!??!?!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #2811
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
HOW?!?!>?!??!?!
Supposedly there are people who still fall for the whole Nigerian prince schtick nowadays, so this is not all that surprising.

Michael Scott isn't the only one...

UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:54 PM   #2812
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
I actually know someone who fell for the bank check scam "cash this check for $10,000, you can keep half of it".. That is elaborate and all you have to do is play on their greed by saying unless you get their help, you're getting $0 so half is better than nothing

But this? RCMP asking for bitcoin?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:59 PM   #2813
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,155 Posts
I got a 3070 Ultra ft3 last week. Started using nicehash quickminer to mine as even though I bought the card for gaming, I figured I use it for mining while I'm at work or asleep
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:01 AM   #2814

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Those scams are absurd on purpose, it's a waste of time if someone catches on partway through so they want something that filters out smarter people right away.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2021, 05:08 AM   #2815

My father got a txt msg about signing up for a new credit card from Amex, so he clicked the txt msgink to apply, and he said unfortunately the number they had for him to call on the website wasnt working... And I'm like wtf jesus christ

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-20-2021 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:05 AM   #2816
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
You know those stupid booths at Playland/PNE that give t-shirts away and you fill out this form. That's how they trick people into giving their name, age, email, phone number. Those people sell that information away and you start getting bullshit emails/calls. My mom did that to my email and now I get all this email plus scam email catered to her. It's most likely the same when you try to enter to win prize just fill this crap and drop it. Still getting bullshit emails after 8 years.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #2817
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Having worked retail banking for years, I've seen my fair share of people of all ages, backgrounds, get suckered into scams. Surprisingly, its not just old people. We try to stop as many as we can before it's too late, but people believe what they want to believe. It's quite sad.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:24 AM   #2818
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:

How do you go about getting a BTC atm?
Old 02-20-2021, 11:10 AM   #2819
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
Quote:

You must see some interesting people using that ATM, huh? If you know what I mean.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:48 PM   #2820

So I started withdrawing to "bitcoin wallet" (advertised on bitcoin.org

And when I received my transfer the wallet says
Quote:
This payment pays to many wallets besides yours, which makes the app slow down over time. If you can, try receiving payments which pay only to you.
All I did was transfer my funds from nicehash, so what does it mean by pays to many wallets?
Old 02-21-2021, 01:13 AM   #2821
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:

lol... wtf?
I mean a boomer, maybe.
But a 20 year old?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:46 AM   #2822
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
My 35 year old well-off smart friend's wife almost fell for this, same kind of deal, RCMP stuff... this was like almost a year ago... was about to deposit like $25k into these and she honestly like didn't even tell her husband she thought she was in so much trouble somehow and they were leading her along like it's some National Treasure thing point to point... now she looks back on it and doesn't understand why she was so stupid and can't believe what she almost did, but somehow they are so convincing to some people... bizarre
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2021, 01:48 AM   #2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
lol... wtf?
I mean a boomer, maybe.
But a 20 year old?
20 year old with a kid probably dropped out of school at a young age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZZ View Post
How do you go about getting a BTC atm?
A number of companies provide them. They just pay us a fixed about every month for the space. You can buy your own Bitcoin ATM but it's a bit of a pain to set up.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #2824
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

In hindsight, in the mid 90's I may have been scammed out of $5000. My GF at the time had moved up from california with her family, she racked up a US credit card bill and never paid it. A couple years later she got a phone call. They agreed on an amount, I gave her the money and she sent it through the local royal bank. We were both kids in our 20's, I never asked any questions but I often wonder if it was legit.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2021, 07:41 PM   #2825
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
So I started withdrawing to "bitcoin wallet" (advertised on bitcoin.org

And when I received my transfer the wallet says

All I did was transfer my funds from nicehash, so what does it mean by pays to many wallets?
If you look at the transaction in blockchain explorer it'll show that asides from yours it's paying to dozens/hundreds of other wallets simultaneously; nicehash and pools lump their payouts together in batches instead of individually. It probably just makes your wallet store/load a lot of transaction data over time
LuHua is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: