REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   EMSK: How to scramble eggs like a world famous gourmet chef (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681352-emsk-how-scramble-eggs-like-world-famous-gourmet-chef.html)

Boostaholic 03-06-2013 04:01 PM

EMSK: How to scramble eggs like a world famous gourmet chef

FerrariEnzo 03-06-2013 04:08 PM

it seems... a little too soggy for me...

BurnoutBinLaden 03-06-2013 04:09 PM

Is creme fraiche even legal to sell in Canada? I was under the assumption that was banned because it uses raw milk.

willystyle 03-06-2013 04:13 PM

To each their own.

freakshow 03-06-2013 04:19 PM

gonna try to make this for the wife on the weekend

SpartanAir 03-06-2013 04:27 PM

Those do look delicious...

But all I can think about when I watch that video is this :joy:

meowjinboo 03-06-2013 05:21 PM

every man should know

rsx 03-06-2013 05:25 PM

it's fucking raaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!

Ronin 03-06-2013 05:25 PM

The British have a much...runnier definition of scrambled eggs.

nabs 03-06-2013 05:28 PM

i want scrambled eggs with smoked salmon now, lol.

danny_d19 03-06-2013 05:32 PM

Fuckin guy burnt the toast

wreck 03-06-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8178086)
The British have a much...runnier definition of scrambled eggs.

That's because North America in general over cooks -everything-. Steak, chicken, fish, veggies, etc - and eggs.
Posted via RS Mobile

kakucaekz 03-06-2013 05:57 PM

My parents (especially my mom) loves how I make my scrambled eggs. I watched that video a few months ago, and tweaked it a bit. Instead of adding the eggs to a cold pan, I heat it up a tiny bit, to about low-medium heat. Then I add some butter, then the eggs, along with some egg whites, and beat/stir until it's almost done. Take it off the heat, season and slap it on some toast or add chili on top. So goooood. It's not runny like that, I don't think I can eat it like that, lol.

CP.AR 03-06-2013 06:25 PM

"LITTLE" bit of salt

that's enough to give you a "Little" heart attack

Bonka 03-06-2013 06:35 PM

Cream fraiche is available to buy I get it on occasion.

Those eggs don't look any runnier than a properly made omelette though.

EmperorIS 03-06-2013 06:36 PM

I think he got a little egg in his butter

hud 91gt 03-06-2013 06:55 PM

Trying this tomorrow.

SpeedStars 03-06-2013 06:57 PM

Gridlock 03-06-2013 07:01 PM

I like the way he presents things on his other, not yelling profanities at you shows.

Very casual, very entertaining.

He could be telling me how to debug a computer system or file my taxes and I'd still be entertained.

"Oh fuck, did I forget to carry the one? shit"

"your taxes are so rawwww, a qualified vet could bring them back to life."

kcl38 03-06-2013 07:23 PM

I started working on cooking them like this back when I first saw the video :thumbs:

Definitely a god tier product, takes a bit longer though so I save it for special occasions

drunkrussian 03-06-2013 07:26 PM

love this show

Usually not a fan of western style scrambled eggs. Fuck that fluffy bullshit. With that said as a spread on a hard toast like that it looks delicious
Posted via RS Mobile

cho 03-06-2013 07:27 PM

so complicated for scrambled eggs

i like mine mixed with a splash of milk and white pepper

Graeme S 03-06-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8178198)
I like the way he presents things on his other, not yelling profanities at you shows.

Very casual, very entertaining.

He could be telling me how to debug a computer system or file my taxes and I'd still be entertained.

"Oh fuck, did I forget to carry the one? shit"

"your taxes are so rawwww, a qualified vet could bring them back to life."

That's everything that he does that isn't in America. Fucking Americans need the yelling and swearing or else they lose focus.

Cursewords: The Intellectual Cholesterol.

drunkrussian 03-06-2013 07:37 PM

^couldn't disagree with you more. ramsay made his name as a celebrity in britain with his bad boy attitude and swearing. his kitchen nightmares (the original) show made him and was extremely entertaining for this reason. All of his other shows were the same. Brits love them some slapstick dumbass humour and swearing seems far more common in general.

on an unrelated note, i always put siracha in my scrabled eggs, and some cilantro, right as i'm scrambling them. awesome.

Graeme S 03-06-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkrussian (Post 8178242)
^couldn't disagree with you more. ramsay made his name as a celebrity in britain with his bad boy attitude and swearing. his kitchen nightmares (the original) show made him and was extremely entertaining for this reason. All of his other shows were the same. Brits love them some slapstick dumbass humour and swearing seems far more common in general.

on an unrelated note, i always put siracha in my scrabled eggs, and some cilantro, right as i'm scrambling them. awesome.

Have you seen his British Kitchen nightmares vs his American one? Yeah, he calls people out on the shit they're doing badly, but the focus on the UK shows is improving the restaurants and on making the food better. The focus on the American shows? Swearing, family drama, watching people cry, and a happy ending.

The episode I remember most is the one with the Boxer who's got a pub who wanted to be awesome but was cooking from home cook books. What does Gordon do? Takes him out to a tomato field a few miles away, gets him picking tomatoes and making his grandma's meatball recipes.

Gordon's UK shows are about improvement, changes, and his focus on buying and cooking local. When did the US versions go shopping in the local markets? When did he teach people how to cook better?

If you disagree with me on Kitchen Nightmares, then go watch The F Word. Fucking BRILLIANT.