REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 08-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #351
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,575 Times in 4,335 Posts
Best Damn Burger in Prague and Eastern Europe thread.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #352
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
RS going world wide.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #353
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Not beef, but Triple O's had a limited-time buttermilk chicken burger in the winter which was amazing.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #354
I am Hook'd on RS

I love a Burger King burger
M3E46Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #355

Bringing it back from the dead reviewing the Black Angus burger from QFC.

2 of the 3 Quality foods grocery stores in Nanaimo now have restaurants. They serve Pizza, fried chicken, Chinese food, Prime rib on the weekends (better than the Keg for only $15.99) and a black Angus burger. The burger costs $5.99, fries, onion rings, and bacon are a dollar each. The side of fries is a bit small so I pay an extra dollar and get a second order.

This is what you want in a burger. someone really did some thinking when they made this burger. Fresh ground beef cooked to order with a good bun and toppings. Fries are also good.

With burgers, you have about 4 levels. You have your cheapest frozen patty they could find, your kind of o.k. burger, the solid burger, and the something special burger. This is a high solid burger and the fact it's less than 5 minutes from my house is a bonus. 8/10

March is going to be a busy month. Nanaimo is going from having zero burger restaurants to getting 3. Bin 4 a farm to table type burger restaurant from Vancouver, Barrel burger from victoria, and Top Notch burger being opened by some people who a couple of restaurants in town. I hope someone does a bacon blue cheese burger.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Not beef, but Triple O's had a limited-time buttermilk chicken burger in the winter which was amazing.
This has now become a regular menu item and it’s still awesome.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #357

We have 3 burger restaurants opening in March in Nanaimo. The first to open up was https://www.topnotchburgers.ca/ If you go to the website and click menu the first thing you see is CHEF'S SEAFOOD CHOWDER. Why? At the restaurant, I got the menu and the same problem. If you have a restaurant with the name burger in it burgers should be front and center on the menu. The menu also has 5 types of buns. Again why? I can understand having a gluten-free option but why so many others. Just pick what's the best. I ordered the heatwave burger with a potato bun and kettle chips instead of fries with 2 dips.

Quote:
THE HEAT WAVE
Fultons AAA beef patty paired with spicy Genoa salami and Glenwood Meats double smoked bacon, topped with banana peppers, Jalapeno Jack, leaf lettuce, tomato, and Spanish onion, finished with chipotle aioli
$18

The chips and dips where good it's a nice change from fries that you can also get. The burger is thicc with all the toppings I had to squish it down.

Taking a bite the bun was good, the topping was good, but the patty was overcooked a little dry and needed salt. Also, the patty was a bit small for the bun. Maybe they were having problems opening day but I can't justify paying $24.50 for a burger with chips, 2 dips, and a Pepsi plus tip and parking because it's downtown when I can just go down the street and get a great burger from QFC for less than 1/2 the price. I will go back down the road to see if they have improved.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #358
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts
^ good insight on their website.. and man, their pictures are shitty iphone 6 pics at best... dang..
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #359
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

QFC?
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyR View Post
QFC?
Quality Foods.

It's a grocery store chain on Vancouver Island. One of the locations (in Nanaimo, where Manic lives) has a lounge, which features a pub among other amenities.

Rethinking the box | Canadian Grocer
Old 03-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Quality Foods.

It's a grocery store chain on Vancouver Island. One of the locations (in Nanaimo, where Manic lives) has a lounge, which features a pub among other amenities.

Rethinking the box | Canadian Grocer
Pretty much shot on but the one by my house does not have a liquor licence yet.