REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best Damn Burger in 604 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681380-best-damn-burger-604-a.html)

Durrann 03-07-2013 07:34 AM

Best Damn Burger in 604

I'm not sure if there was a thread on this but
I've been to Fatburger, Vera's, Romer's etc.
they didnt wow me

So I want to ask you guys where have you guys tried the best juiciest burger in town?

and i'm talking about the burgers you see on Triple D
(although its tough to find such good greasy burgers in Vancouver)

m3thods 03-07-2013 08:01 AM

I've been on a similar search (throw 5 Guys, Burger Heaven, Moderne Burger into that list).

Burger Heaven would qualify as "a burger you would see on Triple D". But to be honest, it wasn't that great (the meat was dry and bland when I went)

I know this place isn't local, but it's close enough to go and try it out (even better, make a trip out of it)- check out Red Mill Burgers near Seattle. There are 2 locations (I go to the Lynnwood one), and it's better than any of the burgers I've tried here. Just make sure to add in Tillamook Cheddar and bacon to whatever you get. (the beef burgers are great, and their burgers with the grilled verde peppers are even better!).

I simply gave up finding "the best burger in Van" and tolerated whatever choices we have here until I have a chance to head south.

Dangerphoto 03-07-2013 08:12 AM

For me personally, I found that Splitz Grill on Main was pretty damn good. They had a pretty good selection and the meat is nice and moist.

I am also on a search for the best burger joint, but it is a difficult search.:okay:

european 03-07-2013 08:43 AM

My top 5

Splitz
Five Guys
Veras
Romers Burger Bar
Town Hall Public House Langley, they have a really huge burger.

I'm not sure if there is anything better. Maybe one day Boston Burger Company will open up a location in Vancouver but I'm sure that won't ever happen :(

If anyone is going to Vegas, check out Bachi Burger

Vansterdam 03-07-2013 09:05 AM

man i need to try this boston burger company out :sweetjesus:

The 420 Burger
Ingredients

- American cheese
- Bacon
- Golden BBQ sauce
- Mozzarella sticks
- Onion rings
- French fries
- Mac & Cheese bites

murd0c 03-07-2013 09:44 AM

I'm so fucken down for that burger minus the onion rings but its always good to add a egg and a hotdog

shawnly1000 03-07-2013 10:22 AM

Oakwood Bistro on 4th grounds/makes their patties in house so they cook it medium-rare; I believe Hamilton Street Grill also does this.
Posted via RS Mobile

Durrann 03-07-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8178610)
I've been on a similar search (throw 5 Guys, Burger Heaven, Moderne Burger into that list).

Burger Heaven would qualify as "a burger you would see on Triple D". But to be honest, it wasn't that great (the meat was dry and bland when I went)

I know this place isn't local, but it's close enough to go and try it out (even better, make a trip out of it)- check out Red Mill Burgers near Seattle. There are 2 locations (I go to the Lynnwood one), and it's better than any of the burgers I've tried here. Just make sure to add in Tillamook Cheddar and bacon to whatever you get. (the beef burgers are great, and their burgers with the grilled verde peppers are even better!).

I simply gave up finding "the best burger in Van" and tolerated whatever choices we have here until I have a chance to head south.

my friend also mentioned Red Bill Burgers as well...i'll definitely try it out when i head down south thanks for the recommendations

yeah i mean white spot burgers are good but only because they smother the burger with sauces...

mk1freak 03-07-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnly1000 (Post 8178705)
Oakwood Bistro on 4th grounds/makes their patties in house so they cook it medium-rare; I believe Hamilton Street Grill also does this.
Posted via RS Mobile

crappy part of oakwood is that the burger costs 15 by itself (with alfalfa sprouts :fulloffuck: ).........and it wasnt the best burger in town by far.

you guys should try out the burgers at discovery restaurant in Jericho park its not the best in town but it's up there.

bcrdukes 03-07-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 8178599)
I'm not sure if there was a thread on this but.

Here you go: http://www.revscene.net/forums/55766...ger-joint.html

Manic! 03-07-2013 11:30 AM

I have been on a hunt as well. Here is my quick review of some places I have been to.

Vera's: Nothing special the Pattie could use some more seasoning.
Fat Burger: Again nothing special.
Five guys: The burger was too sloppy just fell apart.
Big Texx Burger: This is a place in Surrey run by a husband and wife. When you go in they give you a form to fill out. You pick the type of burger and the toppings you want. Your order comes in a brown paper bag with your order sheet stapled on top. The burger comes wrapped and the fries thrown on top, so you have to rip the bag open to get to the burger. The big problem with this burger is it's messy. All the condiments drip out and the burger falls apart. I had to keep the burger in the wrapper to eat it. The patties are made with fresh ground beef but it's just to hard to eat.

If anyone comes to Nanaimo check out old city take out beats all of the above hands down.

donjalapeno 03-07-2013 12:09 PM

tomahawk?

Durrann 03-07-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8178736)

thanks my bad

bcrdukes 03-07-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 8178836)
thanks my bad

S'all good.

CorneringArtist 03-07-2013 02:16 PM

Agreed on Texx being messy, but considering that Five Guys is a 30-minute minimum from that area, it's probably the best burger in Surrey. Vera's seemed bland when I went to the one in Newton. The owner at Texx loves handing out extra fries as well, even if he's just using up the last potatoes in a bag.

BoostNseveN 03-07-2013 03:15 PM

Best review ever.

beproud 03-07-2013 04:03 PM

this is going to sound crazy, but I really like the burger from no9 in richmond

neLLy_ 03-07-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beproud (Post 8178953)

Everything taste good at 3am :fullofwin:

guddagudd 03-07-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostNseveN (Post 8178921)

LOL

bcrdukes 03-07-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beproud (Post 8178953)

Actually, yes. For a Chinese place, they actually do serve up a mean burger.

Drow 03-07-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by european (Post 8178628)
My top 5
I'm not sure if there is anything better. Maybe one day Boston Burger Company will open up a location in Vancouver but I'm sure that won't ever happen :(

Boston Burger Company (Phantom Gourmet) - YouTube

If anyone is going to Vegas, check out Bachi Burger

http://i.imgur.com/cXK5j2P.gif

rageguy 03-07-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8179014)
Actually, yes. For a Chinese place, they actually do serve up a mean burger.

Wait what. At 2am after clubbing, the only thing to get is a BBQ duck on rice for $6.

hotshot1 03-07-2013 07:17 PM

I like Five Guys - only had it twice but both times it was delicious. Oh and they give you a shit load of fries.

jack3d 03-07-2013 08:17 PM

red robins, try the royal red robin

Culverin 03-07-2013 08:38 PM

shameless plug? :badpokerface:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-a...221_223900.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7...221_224433.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-T...2+19.52.23.jpg