REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #51
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
- Blowing a stop sign at 3pm in the afternoon with excellent visibility.
quick question, i couldn't find the fact that it was '3pm in the afternoon with excellent visibility' anywhere in the article. could you inform me where you are getting this information?
Advertisement
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #52
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

you dont post the entire bail amount. usually its about 10%.
RTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #53
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Prosecutors fear Student will flee country | www.kirotv.com

This POS shown ZERO remorse for what he did.
Stop sign is visible.

I hope the family that he destroyed gets justice and he gets butt fucked in jail.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #54
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
well yeah, when you post a story with '2 million bail posted' right there in the title, of course i assume that you're mad cause he got bailed out. what do you mean, 'thoughts'? CLEARLY, you wanted everybody to start thinking 'yeah what a RICH piece of shit, he got bailed out even though bail was set at 2m, plus he killed someone!'.
His economic status doesn't matter. He could have been black and driving a Pinto for all I care.

The issue is that he has shown zero remorse for what he did, has shown zero respect for the law, and he is a giant slimy POS. It isn't the fact that he got bailed out that bothers me, it is all the laws he broke that does and the effects it ultimately led to. He shouldn't have been on the road.

Even if the road conditions were poor, which I doubt it was, he was going way too quick on residential streets for the conditions. There is no excuse for that.

No one is baiting rich Asian kids here. This guy just happened to be rich and Asian. I would call a spade a spade if he was any race.

Quote:
just to clarify- i am NOT defending his actions. i am questioning the fact of exactly why it seems like the fact that his mom could post the 2m is a significant fact at all, when it seems like just another news story of reckless driving to me.
I believe it is significant because they were not expecting him to be bailed out. When his bail was paid, he was forced to surrender his passport.

Last edited by VRYALT3R3D; 03-11-2013 at 07:48 AM.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #55
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
quick question, i couldn't find the fact that it was '3pm in the afternoon with excellent visibility' anywhere in the article. could you inform me where you are getting this information?
The article originally posted in the paper listed the intersection where the accident happend and on which streets the cars were travelling. They also listed the time and date.

You can go get weather records for past dates at a number of places on the web. The radar images for that day showed no precipitation for a few hours before and after 3PM. The sky was listed as "scattered" clouds for most of the afternoon. Sun out, only a couple clouds, and no precipitation counts as "excellent visibility".
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #56
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
6 killed in a Ohio crash 2 survived. High rate of speed cited. Not posted on RS because not Asian or because not foreign?

Ohio town mourns 6 teens killed in SUV crash
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #57
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Because Ohio.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #58
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Lots of misunderstanding and ignorance here....I'm not going to touch on any of it except for:

You do not need car insurance to own/operate a vehicle in the United States. Many people are driving without any insurance because they can't afford it or they don't prioritize it. That's why you will see more often then B.C., cars that are mangled from accidents and not getting repairs.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #59
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Because Ohio.
2 killed speeding in Tukwila Washington. Didn't see this posted on RS.

2 killed as speeding car crashes into Green River at Tukwila | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Because near river
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #61
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
6 killed in a Ohio crash 2 survived. High rate of speed cited. Not posted on RS because not Asian or because not foreign?

Ohio town mourns 6 teens killed in SUV crash
Because they killed themselves and not someone in another car. Of course you could say the passengers were innocent victims, but they did choose to ride with the driver (if it turns out the driver was drunk, which we don't know yet).
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #62
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Lots of misunderstanding and ignorance here....I'm not going to touch on any of it except for:

You do not need car insurance to own/operate a vehicle in the United States. Many people are driving without any insurance because they can't afford it or they don't prioritize it. That's why you will see more often then B.C., cars that are mangled from accidents and not getting repairs.
Most states require some sort of minimum liability insurance of some sort. Very much like basic insurance from ICBC - which would cover the other party should the accident be your fault. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states to drive without insurance. Even here, some people only pay basic insurance - and if they get in an accident that's their own fault, they won't get any payout from ICBC to do their own repairs.