REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #26
I don't get it
 
a00755836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 414
Thanked 177 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
What do you do if you have a convertible?
my friends s2000 was parked in downtown and someone stabbed a hole. icbc said they have to replace the whole roof. now my friend says if you want a convertible, get a hard top.
Advertisement
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,818
Thanked 6,589 Times in 2,594 Posts
Personal experience only:

If you ever own a convertible in Vancouver, always get a hard top, no matter what.

(Experience includes owning 3 convertibles.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #28
VAC Head Rotang Mod
 
Raid3n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: GP
Posts: 10,377
Thanked 1,180 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
For me, it's not just limited to car thieves...
I imagine a lot of fake scenarios and "what-would-I-do" throughout the day.
from getting my phone jacked out of my hands,
car that's about to hit me while im crossing the street, etc

quite messed, but keeps my mind busy during my work commutes...



I was surprised when I saw "Vancouver" location as well. But then something didn't look right, but I couldn't put my thumb on it.

Then I realized, it's because Vancouver houses doesn't have those front lane drive in garages.
don't you think... oh i don't know... maybe you should be watching the road? that's what i do to keep my self busy on my commute to work... that might just be me though, the way some people drive..
__________________
1990 FC3S
1984 GSX-R 400
2001 CBR600F4i

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #29
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Fafine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,243
Thanked 1,254 Times in 394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
don't you think... oh i don't know... maybe you should be watching the road? that's what i do to keep my self busy on my commute to work... that might just be me though, the way some people drive..
i think he means his commute on the bus to work
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #30
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
More likely, yes

*cough*

Theft From Vehicle Reports

Surrey
Total 2012: 7040
Total 2011: 6642

Vancouver
Total 2012: 8179
Total 2011: 7509

Difference
2012: Vancouver + 1139
2011: Vancouver + 867
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,911
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
don't you think... oh i don't know... maybe you should be watching the road? that's what i do to keep my self busy on my commute to work... that might just be me though, the way some people drive..
lol, I bus and skytrain and cross streets to get to work.
And the skytrain is boring... so my mind wanders.
Sometimes I see shady looking people, so I just make up random scenarios like:
WHAT IF that guy really tries to jack my phone out of my hand when the skytrain stops at a station...




__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
RHMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delta, BC
Posts: 576
Thanked 65 Times in 31 Posts
OM Sh*t!! those are the clowns that broke into my truck and 3 other cars on my block in North Delta.. You shoulda beat the hell out of them..
RHMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS
 
THORISHERE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Thor Dropship
Posts: 59
Thanked 56 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
*cough*

Theft From Vehicle Reports

Surrey
Total 2012: 7040
Total 2011: 6642

Vancouver
Total 2012: 8179
Total 2011: 7509

Difference
2012: Vancouver + 1139
2011: Vancouver + 867
I wonder where all those thieves come from?
THORISHERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #34
no
 
jpark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: home
Posts: 5,162
Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a00755836 View Post
my friends s2000 was parked in downtown and someone stabbed a hole. icbc said they have to replace the whole roof. now my friend says if you want a convertible, get a hard top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Personal experience only:

If you ever own a convertible in Vancouver, always get a hard top, no matter what.

(Experience includes owning 3 convertibles.)
hasnt happened to me yet and i used to park in dt every single day for work last year summer.. knock on wood
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 524
Thanked 409 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMadness View Post
OM Sh*t!! those are the clowns that broke into my truck and 3 other cars on my block in North Delta.. You shoulda beat the hell out of them..
What area of north delta is this in?
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
geeknerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,055
Thanked 388 Times in 166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
*cough*

Theft From Vehicle Reports

Surrey
Total 2012: 7040
Total 2011: 6642

Vancouver
Total 2012: 8179
Total 2011: 7509

Difference
2012: Vancouver + 1139
2011: Vancouver + 867
also, for 2011, ratio =
Surrey: 1 car per 72 people
vancouver: 1car per 80 people
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 AM   #37
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
I was mugged in pretty much plain sight in Surrey, in (what I considered to be) a relatively safe neighborhood, and it wasn't even dark out quite yet.

I grew up in Surrey, spent a few years living in Burnaby, and moved back in with the folks last year, and I've noticed a substantive increase in dipshits running around like they own the place.

Time to move the fuck out again.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #38
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
Also, your neighbor is an idiot.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Mr.Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver DT
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 2,216 Times in 624 Posts
you should have smashed him.
__________________
Fly Your Own Flag.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #40
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Acura604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,906
Thanked 1,815 Times in 448 Posts
In hindsight, yah...I should have started filming a vid and sneak up on him for a close up of his face and then post it on YouTube.

...I have occasional anger mgmt issues and would have loved to take it out on this guy but with the gay laws, I probably would have been charged with assault.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #41
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
^ not worth fucking a punk up and get charged
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #42
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,351
Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
I was mugged in pretty much plain sight in Surrey, in (what I considered to be) a relatively safe neighborhood, and it wasn't even dark out quite yet.

I grew up in Surrey, spent a few years living in Burnaby, and moved back in with the folks last year, and I've noticed a substantive increase in dipshits running around like they own the place.

Time to move the fuck out again.
All the "lower class" people have moved east of the Fraser because anything west of the Fraser is too expensive. I grew up in East Van and there were definitely some rougher houses and kids, even up until the late 80s. My neighbourhood is now pretty clean and houses are being torn down for new ones everywhere.

Everyone rags on Surrey and people living in Surrey get offended. The fact of the matter is is that it's cheaper to live out there. In fact, there is really no compelling reason to live out there other than the fact that you get more house for your buck (well, and I guess for a small portion of people and RS: massive garages and space to store all of their toys such as parts cars, boats, RVs, etc.)

Well, of course people hate on Vancouver because of its hippie mayor, but near burbs such as Burnaby suffer none of the politics. Yet, your average couple making 100-130K a year still can't afford a house in Burnaby, so they're forced to go east of the Fraser.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #43
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
All the "lower class" people have moved east of the Fraser because anything west of the Fraser is too expensive. I grew up in East Van and there were definitely some rougher houses and kids, even up until the late 80s. My neighbourhood is now pretty clean and houses are being torn down for new ones everywhere.

Everyone rags on Surrey and people living in Surrey get offended. The fact of the matter is is that it's cheaper to live out there. In fact, there is really no compelling reason to live out there other than the fact that you get more house for your buck (well, and I guess for a small portion of people and RS: massive garages and space to store all of their toys such as parts cars, boats, RVs, etc.)

Well, of course people hate on Vancouver because of its hippie mayor, but near burbs such as Burnaby suffer none of the politics. Yet, your average couple making 100-130K a year still can't afford a house in Burnaby, so they're forced to go east of the Fraser.
Posted via RS Mobile
being on the lower end of an income bracket alone does not substantiate more thievery, more vandalizing, and more general douchebaggery

sure, it plays into how well your kids are being raised, but unless you consider Surrey a ghetto in the true sense of the word, then there is no excuse for the type of cowardly crime it experiences
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
being on the lower end of an income bracket alone does not substantiate more thievery, more vandalizing, and more general douchebaggery

sure, it plays into how well your kids are being raised, but unless you consider Surrey a ghetto in the true sense of the word, then there is no excuse for the type of cowardly crime it experiences
Have any of you guys seen the data and compared the crime rates in Surrey amongst other cities such as Vancouver and Burnaby? How do they compare? Last I checked, Vancouver's total annual crimes were higher in almost every category. Curious to see what they are now, whether that still holds over today...
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #45
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
?uestlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: bung hole
Posts: 369
Thanked 256 Times in 82 Posts
i LOVE surrey hoes, so easy you could fuck 4 of them at the same time and get one to lick your ass

well not "love", but you know what i mean
__________________
[22-02, 21:43] ?uestlove i personally find it very attractive when women have stinky farts.
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #46
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,818
Thanked 6,589 Times in 2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?uestlove View Post
i LOVE surrey hoes, so easy you could fuck 4 of them at the same time and get one to lick your ass

well not "love", but you know what i mean
Post of the year.

A++++++ 5-star rating.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #47
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,351
Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
being on the lower end of an income bracket alone does not substantiate more thievery, more vandalizing, and more general douchebaggery

sure, it plays into how well your kids are being raised, but unless you consider Surrey a ghetto in the true sense of the word, then there is no excuse for the type of cowardly crime it experiences
There have been studies done which show that those who have lower levels of literacy are more prone to commit crimes as they grow older. Do all people who are illiterate come from poor families? Of course not, but the majority of them do which means that generally, you can associate lower incomes with a higher crime rates.

As long as we have mobility rights in Canada, criminals will go to where they can get the best score. Vancouver is where most of the wealthy people live so naturally, criminals will go there to commit property theft.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #48
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 712
Thanked 492 Times in 157 Posts
Vancouver is also the central district. I wouldn't be surprised if more then half of all the crime in vancouver happens in the lower east end. I have had my car broken into twice though, both times it was because my door was open or I left shiney stuff out in the open... durped.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
m4k4v4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AB
Posts: 2,697
Thanked 218 Times in 89 Posts
I'm sure the DTES significantly skews the stats.

There's just more ratchets by choice in Surrey. Its not ratchet by condition. Its a lifestyle. Better safe then Surrey.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net